Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 827,861 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Matrix Revolutions

I feel like the overall story of 2 and 3 is really good, but the execution is iffy. If you took the best bits of both and condensed it down into one 2.5 or maybe 3 hour movie, you'd have a kick ass sequel. The ending is still massively unsatisfying to me, though. Thankfully Resurrections addressed some of the issues I have.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2023, 04:07:09 AMI feel like the overall story of 2 and 3 is really good, but the execution is iffy

I can agree with that

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2023, 04:07:09 AMThe ending is still massively unsatisfying to me, though.

Could you elaborate on that ?

Prez

Prez

Nanny - Hmmm. Felt that film didn't resolve some key important story arcs.

Underwater - Love this film. It's derivative of Aliens, Alien, The Abyss and so many others but it does it so damn well and hell, even Stewart turns in a great lead performance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 29, 2023, 09:12:03 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2023, 04:07:09 AMI feel like the overall story of 2 and 3 is really good, but the execution is iffy

I can agree with that

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2023, 04:07:09 AMThe ending is still massively unsatisfying to me, though.

Could you elaborate on that ?

The machines pinky swear to end the war, when they've never been trustworthy before. And the entire conflict over freeing people from the Matrix is just brushed off with one line from the Architect. It all feels extremely tenuous.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Prez on Jan 29, 2023, 01:03:08 PMUnderwater - Love this film. It's derivative of Aliens, Alien, The Abyss and so many others but it does it so damn well and hell, even Stewart turns in a great lead performance.

I want to pick this up on Blu-ray,  but it's expensive because it's not been released in UK for some reason.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 29, 2023, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Prez on Jan 29, 2023, 01:03:08 PMUnderwater - Love this film. It's derivative of Aliens, Alien, The Abyss and so many others but it does it so damn well and hell, even Stewart turns in a great lead performance.

I want to pick this up on Blu-ray,  but it's expensive because it's not been released in UK for some reason.

Same here in Australia. Only DVD released. There was a Blu-Ray in schedule but it got cancelled for some reason. Looking at a 4K UHD option as I avoid the non-region issues.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Fabelmans

It has a handful of great moments, but doesn't really coalesce into a great movie.

Spoiler
That f**king David Lynch cameo  :laugh:
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Prez on Jan 29, 2023, 01:03:08 PMNanny - Hmmm. Felt that film didn't resolve some key important story arcs.

Underwater - Love this film. It's derivative of Aliens, Alien, The Abyss and so many others but it does it so damn well and hell, even Stewart turns in a great lead performance.
I can't stand that the creatures don't do anything. They kind of just inconvenience people until they die of unrelated causes.

Stitch

Stitch

Green Lantern: Beware My Power

It's not bad, but it's kinda overstuffed. Too many plots in one 75 minute story, which would have been better off as their own movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Triangle of Sadness

Okay, but the ending kind of ruined it. Also, weird how two Best Picture nominees this year involve dead donkeys.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Jan 30, 2023, 09:11:09 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jan 29, 2023, 01:03:08 PMNanny - Hmmm. Felt that film didn't resolve some key important story arcs.

I can't stand that the creatures don't do anything. They kind of just inconvenience people until they die of unrelated causes.

They kill TJ Miller's character and I a couple of the off screen crew too but yer I get what you mean. Terrific design mind.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Reign of Fire

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Freddy vs Jason
A fun film, but moves at such a brisk pace. It could have added another 15/20 minutes i think because there are just so many characters coming and going

16 Blocks

To Die For

The Losers

Collateral Damage

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Pathfinder

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tár

Good character study but I feel like it meandered a bit. Cate is excellent, though.

Women Talking

Intelligently written, hard hitting film.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 31, 2023, 02:01:57 PMReign of Fire

Underrated film. I really enjoy this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed