Gamera

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 21, 2009, 11:26:07 AM

Author
Gamera (Read 24,779 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

General reminder the Heisei Gamera kaiju currently have some of the nicest vinyl figures out there -

Daimajin too!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

The turtle is back.

Stitch

Stitch

Could be good. The Godzilla anime movies weren't amazing, but Pacific Rim was really good. Art style looks nice. Hopefully it'll be decent.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Though the Godzilla Earth anime trilogy wasn't particularly good (I did like a lot of stuff in the third film, but by then it was too little too late), I did think that Singular Point was phenomenal. So Netflix kaiju anime's track record isn't totally a lost cause.

I haven't seen Pacific Rim: The Black. Pacific Rim: Uprising left such an awful taste in my mouth that I just don't have the heart to look at anything in that franchise ever again unless Guillermo del Toro were to come back to it.

With this, Netflix will now eventually be home to animated Godzilla, Kong, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, and Gamera projects. I haven't watched any of the current Ultraman animated series on Netflix, but I am very excited for the unrelated animated film that will be coming to the platform at some point.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

The official website for the new anime has launched.

https://gamera-rebirth.com/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Running Google translate on the site doesn't seem to be of any service in figuring this out, but has anyone seen anywhere if this is a series or a film? Can't quite figure out what we're in store for here.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 17, 2022, 02:20:32 PMI haven't seen Pacific Rim: The Black. Pacific Rim: Uprising left such an awful taste in my mouth that I just don't have the heart to look at anything in that franchise ever again unless Guillermo del Toro were to come back to it.

Check it out, it's really good.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 17, 2022, 09:07:21 PMRunning Google translate on the site doesn't seem to be of any service in figuring this out, but has anyone seen anywhere if this is a series or a film? Can't quite figure out what we're in store for here.

QuoteGAMERA -Rebirth- (GAMERAガメラ -Rebirthリバース- Gamera Ribāsu) is an upcoming Gamera production developed by Kadokawa and the GAMERA -Rebirth- Production Committee. Though it has not yet been announced whether it will be a TV series or film, it will stream worldwide via Netflix.

QuoteGAMERA -Rebirth-'s announcement was accompanied by two teaser images—one depicting Gamera in silhouette and the other a closeup of his eye—and a brief teaser trailer. The teaser was uploaded to Kadokawa's anime YouTube channel, suggesting the project may be animated. Beginning November 21, the teaser images will be displayed on the "Shibuya Super Board" billboard on the Tokyu Toyoko train line and the teaser trailer will play on the Umeda Bigman billboard in Osaka.

Also included in the announcement was a comment from Heisei Gamera trilogy director Shusuke Kaneko, who expressed his support for the project and reiterated that he had completed a proposal for a Reiwa Gamera film which he intended to pitch to Kadokawa again after completion of this project. A "Gamera newspaper" containing new information about the project will be distributed at the Tamashii Nations 2022 exhibition in Tokyo from November 18 through 20. An S.H. MonsterArts figure of Gamera will also be unveiled.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/GAMERA_-Rebirth-

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Netflix has confirmed that Jiger is the monster that Gamera is fighting. https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1638707130424348675

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Stitch

Stitch

That really does look awesome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed