Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 108,205 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 12, 2017, 06:08:00 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 07, 2017, 02:12:42 AMLet us know what you think after you read it. :)

A tad off-topic, but I'm going through the rule book now and really enjoying it. Not sure how well it fits with the films but I like the world it's building. Got a kick out of finding Pandora and Arcturus in the star map :)

Now that you found it on the map, could you please point me in the right direction towards some Arcturian Poontang?  :P

I'm curious about Pandora, has it had any significance in the Alien franchise? I don't remember hearing about a planet called Pandora.

Engineer

Pandora was from avatar... it's probably a coincidences :-)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 12, 2017, 07:04:58 PMPandora was from avatar... it's probably a coincidences :-)

That's exactly my point - this book was released some 18 years before Avatar, so the fact it talks about a colonised planet named Pandora is a neat coincidence :)

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 12, 2017, 06:44:00 PMI'm curious about Pandora, has it had any significance in the Alien franchise? I don't remember hearing about a planet called Pandora.

Doubt it's ever appeared outside of this book/game.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 12, 2017, 07:20:28 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 12, 2017, 07:04:58 PMPandora was from avatar... it's probably a coincidences :-)

That's exactly my point - this book was released some 18 years before Avatar, so the fact it talks about a colonised planet named Pandora is a neat coincidence :)

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 12, 2017, 06:44:00 PMI'm curious about Pandora, has it had any significance in the Alien franchise? I don't remember hearing about a planet called Pandora.

Doubt it's ever appeared outside of this book/game.

I also got reminded of Pandora from Avatar so it's a nice coincidence.

SM

As an aside one of Saturn's moons is called Pandora, discovered in 1980 and named in 1985.  Also named in 1985 was Prometheus.

426Buddy

Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2017, 08:25:48 PM
As an aside one of Saturn's moons is called Pandora, discovered in 1980 and named in 1985.  Also named in 1985 was Prometheus.

Also in 1985 I was born  :D ;)

Engineer

I too was born in 1985! That was a special year! Lol jk

Xenomrph

Look at all you whippersnappers

(I was born in 1984)

JokersWarPig

I thought I was getting old  ::)  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

Mr. Clemens

Wow!

Anybody, uh... pre-1971 around here?

The Alien Predator

I picked up my copy of Bug Hunt at my local Waterstones, I can't wait to dig into it!

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 13, 2017, 01:57:32 PM
I thought I was getting old  ::)  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

LOL! You and me both.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

The wait is killing me! I keep hoping I'll see an email form Amazon that it has shipped early.  :laugh:

Russ840

I have it preordered digitally so come the morning of release  lets just say that there will be some slacking at work  :D

felix

I've read it. About a third of the stories do not deal with Aliens.

There's an amusing story devoted to how the Marine Pulse Rifle was created.

Ultramorph

Any stories in unusual time periods (really early or late)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed