Promethues Plasma and Fire weapons

Started by acrediblesource, Sep 21, 2021, 01:01:22 AM

Author
Promethues Plasma and Fire weapons (Read 748 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So I was watching Promethues tonight and the Fiefeld monster fight brought up an interesting question:
Will we see plasma pistols and flame throwers in those designs?

or are they too primitive?
there is a shot gun in the scene, i just didnt bother uploading.
But by golly, i would really like to get them Weyland Industry Expedition suits.

and Peter Weyland's exosuit.Primative? Or state of the art shit?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Plasma pistols?

I thought that the reason the muzzle flare was blue like that is because those guns were purely electronically fired and electromagnetically propelled (= gauss guns / coilguns / "railguns"). But they are actually supposed to be plasma projectile weapons?

The Prometheus flamer is pretty crappy, so I see no use in bringing that gun into the fray. What I would like to see is electro-shock energy weapons (like the underslung ones in A:R) and cryo-weapons (similar to the liquid nitrogen guns in P2 or the cryo jets in the test subject cages in A:R).

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I do see bullet casings being flown about. So (like Pgh lore, you know, the sniper rifle used by alice braga in the future?), the bullet could be plasma based enhanced to a degree. Charges or excited.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 21, 2021, 01:13:49 AM
Plasma pistols?

I thought that the reason the muzzle flare was blue like that is because those guns were purely electronically fired and electromagnetically propelled (= gauss guns / coilguns / "railguns"). But they are actually supposed to be plasma projectile weapons?

The Prometheus flamer is pretty crappy, so I see no use in bringing that gun into the fray. What I would like to see is electro-shock energy weapons (like the underslung ones in A:R) and cryo-weapons (similar to the liquid nitrogen guns in P2 or the cryo jets in the test subject cages in A:R).

Immortan Jonesy

Well according to this site..

Quote from: XenopediaThe pistols' muzzle flash was digitally altered to blue in post-production, implying they are some form of energy-based weapon. However, the decision to alter the pistols's muzzle flash to blue seems to have been made sometime after the debut trailer for the film was released as, in the trailer, the pistols' muzzle flash is still unaltered (orange).

I couldn't find anything about the shotgun. I wonder if there is something in 'Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report' or the RPG:-\

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Either way, I think we deserve an expidetion team. Like rather than an elite team, we just need a fireteam and be able to use  more expedtiion type gear.....etc.etc. maybe to investigate.....a place where there is a lot more....primitive engineer stuff. I"M NOT SAYING that it is a movie tie in DLC, i'm saying something more primitive!!!!

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 21, 2021, 01:51:58 AM
Either way, I think we deserve an expidetion team. Like rather than an elite team, we just need a fireteam and be able to use  more expedtiion type gear.....etc.etc. maybe to investigate.....a place where there is a lot more....primitive engineer stuff. I"M NOT SAYING that it is a movie tie in DLC, i'm saying something more primitive!!!!

It would indeed be exciting to see the Marines fight in environments where they need some kind of suit. I always pictured a military version of the Nostromo spacesuits, but a updated version of the Prometheus expedition suits will do too.

Xenomrph

I think it'd be pretty neat to get the Prometheus flamethrower or something inspired by it, like how we got a successor to the 'Alien' laser pistol.

From a gameplay standpoint though I'm not sure how to differentiate it from the existing flamethrowers though. Maybe it burns "hotter" so it kills faster but it goes through "ammo" faster or has a smaller tank or something?

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 21, 2021, 05:21:48 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 21, 2021, 01:51:58 AM

It would indeed be exciting to see the Marines fight in environments where they need some kind of suit. I always pictured a military version of the Nostromo spacesuits, but a updated version of the Prometheus expedition suits will do too.
I think this is a cool idea, too.

Wweyland

How about some Alien: Resurrection guns, the timeline is getting a bit closer to that period (but still 170 years off). Bring on the Lacrima 99!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 21, 2021, 09:45:10 PM
How about some Alien: Resurrection guns, the timeline is getting a bit closer to that period (but still 170 years off). Bring on the Lacrima 99!
Hell yeah, a proto-Lacrima would be great.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 21, 2021, 01:46:21 AMPistol (Prometheus)[/center]

I couldn't find anything about the shotgun. I wonder if there is something in 'Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report' or the RPG:-\

The "Weyland ES-4 Electrostatic Pistol" is indeed covered in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual. It says that it's an "electrostatic kinetic energy projectile weapon" which "uses charged elements to fire high-speed armor piercing rounds", and that it has a stunning effect against human targets.

It also says it fell out of use in recent times (for the RPG, which is set some 20-odd years before Fireteam Elite) because of its cost and high upkeep requirements, but that it's still used by some high-level corporate security teams and also some colonial marshals are trying out a newer model as their standard sidearm on the Frontier.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed