Prometheus Blu-Ray To Feature Alternate Ending?

Started by ikarop, Aug 27, 2012, 07:41:09 PM

Author
Prometheus Blu-Ray To Feature Alternate Ending? (Read 15,147 times)

ikarop

A few weeks ago we learned the name and length of the deleted and alternate scenes from Prometheus. Now Dutch online retailer BOL.com has posted at its website that the upcoming home release of the film will feature an alternate ending as one of this extra features. The blurb reads as follows:

“Experience Prometheus in Blu-ray 3D with this Director’s Special Edition and be amazed by the spectacular effects with over 3 hours of extras, including an alternate beginning and ending.”

When enquired about the blurb, the online retailer told us that they received this information from Fox Home Entertainment.

In related news, you can see pictures of the upcoming Prometheus to Alien Blu-ray box set here and here. Images of the cover art for the Prometheus DVD and Blu-ray releases for Hungary can be found here at the forums.

Sexy Poot

No deacon perhaps?

Blacklabel

One of the deleted scenes is called "Paradise"... a glimpse at the Engineer Homeworld perhaps?

boostedlsj

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 27, 2012, 08:05:50 PM
One of the deleted scenes is called "Paradise"... a glimpse at the Engineer Homeworld perhaps?

Yea I'm thinking that the deleted scene "Paradise" is the alternate ending. Or maybe I'm just a white guy

Alien1

so it was kinda a direct prequel to Alien then...

Sexy Poot

Nobody ever said otherwise...  ???

SM

Hasn't practically everyone said otherwise?

Sexy Poot

I kinda figured it was common knowledge that the space jockeys in this movie are the same space jockey race in Alien, since they, are.

Nightmare Asylum

Same race, yeah. But if it was a direct prequel, it would have been the same Jockey.

Highland

Smells like an extended Shaw vs SJ scene to me.

Been around these things too long now to get excited about extra crap. It's alway's a let down.

Ash 937

They shouldn't just include an alternate beginning and ending.  They should include an alternate middle as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 28, 2012, 01:17:21 AM
They shouldn't just include an alternate beginning and ending.  They should include an alternate middle as well.

They did. You can find it in any movie that's not called Prometheus ;)

SM

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 28, 2012, 12:24:36 AM
I kinda figured it was common knowledge that the space jockeys in this movie are the same space jockey race in Alien, since they, are.

Yes, but 'direct prequel' implies it leads directly into Alien, and that's been denied all the way along.

BANE

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 28, 2012, 01:17:21 AM
You're so clever.

acrediblesource

So...when exactly will the Prometheus Bluray 3D: Director's Special Edition be released?
Because if they don't do a simultaneous release with the regular release, will we have to wait 2-3 years?
C'mon! They just released the information so obviously it would coincide with the october release of every thingumabob! right? right?
ssssssssssssthis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed