Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 98,988 times)

Vermillion

They should of made it like the 1980s move "Clue". Multiple endings that were actually shown to the movie audience.

You never knew the outcome till the end.
Was cool.

Voodoo Magic

I also asked for him to clarify what he and Shane had to do with the ending that actually made it into the movie:

DEKKER: "We shot it. I wrote that very last line. But I wasn't happy about it. The whole thing seemed to not be in step with that particular franchise. It was one of many ideas that we floated and shot. We shot a version where Ripley was in the cocoon and we shot one where Newt from "Aliens" was in the cocoon. Sigourney didn't want to clear any future for Ripley in the franchise and ultimately I don't think anybody remembers Newt well enough for that to have meant anything"

https://www.moviefone.com/2019/07/12/fred-dekker-interview-night-of-the-creeps-predator/

Kradan

As messy as this movie turned out I'm happy they cut this "ending". This would've been stupid.

KiramidHead

I wonder what McKenna's line was in the Newt version. "That's my new girlfriend, Bubba." :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Oh, Fred. That's just disappointing.

OpenMaw

What were they SMOKING? GANJA, MON?

These endings... I... I thought the script was bad enough. These endings... All of them, are all garbage. Hot. Garbage.

It's almost as if they had no idea what they were doing at all.

Kradan

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2020, 04:15:59 PM
What were they SMOKING? GANJA, MON?

These endings... I... I thought the script was bad enough. These endings... All of them, are all garbage. Hot. Garbage.

It's almost as if they had no idea what they were doing at all.

sigh

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2020, 02:46:32 PM
I also asked for him to clarify what he and Shane had to do with the ending that actually made it into the movie:

DEKKER: "We shot it. I wrote that very last line. But I wasn't happy about it. The whole thing seemed to not be in step with that particular franchise. It was one of many ideas that we floated and shot. We shot a version where Ripley was in the cocoon and we shot one where Newt from "Aliens" was in the cocoon. Sigourney didn't want to clear any future for Ripley in the franchise and ultimately I don't think anybody remembers Newt well enough for that to have meant anything"

https://www.moviefone.com/2019/07/12/fred-dekker-interview-night-of-the-creeps-predator/

I had thought that it was just outside influence, but for the ideas to have actually come from both him and Shane :-\

OpenMaw

It would have made sense in some way if it had been Dutch. I could buy him being called "The Predator killer" if he showed up at the end with a bunch of Predator gear salvaged from a bunch of Predator's he had killed. That could make some sense.

But the whole movie is a travesty, so I don't think it would have mattered.

Not unless when Dutch came out of the tube he said "It'z awl bullschit! Awl ov it! Dee ass burguhs da whole biznes."

SuperiorIronman

I believe Dutch was supposed to show up but Arnold declined (again) so we have an ending which just needs to happen rather than the film having an ending. Like why green-light a script with an ending for a guy who notoriously doesn't show up for these? I almost can't believe he signed on for a videogame.

KiramidHead

Should have had Danny Glover in the coffin. He'd wake up, say "I'm too old for this shit", and go right back to sleep.

PsyKore

I still think it should've been Gary Busey. :laugh:

"How many times do I have to tell you? You. Don't. Know. What. Your. Dealing. With."

"A f**king alien."

"I'm gonna save your ASS!"

Kradan

What about full-grown Xeno ?

"Hssssssss !"

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 27, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2020, 02:46:32 PM

DEKKER: "We shot it. I wrote that very last line. But I wasn't happy about it. The whole thing seemed to not be in step with that particular franchise. It was one of many ideas that we floated and shot. We shot a version where Ripley was in the cocoon and we shot one where Newt from "Aliens" was in the cocoon. Sigourney didn't want to clear any future for Ripley in the franchise and ultimately I don't think anybody remembers Newt well enough for that to have meant anything"

I had thought that it was just outside influence, but for the ideas to have actually come from both him and Shane :-\

Yep.  :-[

Just take him away Jungle Hunter. Just take him away...

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 28, 2020, 04:10:22 AM
Should have had Danny Glover in the coffin. He'd wake up, say "I'm too old for this shit", and go right back to sleep.

:D

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 28, 2020, 01:42:23 PM

"Hssssssss !"

As I mentioned before, an interesting idea that would work. Labeled as a "Predator Killer" and framed as something good for the human race, only to be opened and multiple facehuggers spring out and attach to all the screaming technicians. McKenna jumps out just in time slamming the door shut - fades to a horrific black.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 28, 2020, 03:13:33 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 28, 2020, 01:42:23 PM

"Hssssssss !"

As I mentioned before, an interesting idea that would work. Labeled as a "Predator Killer" and framed as something good for the human race, only to be opened and multiple facehuggers spring out and attach to all the screaming technicians. McKenna jumps out just in time slamming the door shut - fades to a horrific black.

I mean, especially since they wanted to turn it into AvP-shared universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed