Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 100,778 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 04, 2019, 12:36:07 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Jan 03, 2019, 11:42:29 PM
Let the f***** Predators win for once. For once.
The only way I see this work is the protagonist not ending up as the primary prey for the Predator...

I don't know, I can see a human protagonist die in a glorious Spartan "victory" way, in maybe some sort of self sacrifice.  Not that the protagonist is trying to lose, he's not, but he fights so hard they develop a mutual respect. And once he dies, he will always be remembered with honor by the Yautja that defeated him, and the humans the protagonist was trying to protect.

Frosty Venom

This is an adult Newt. Who didn't experience the events of Alien 3. Maybe in this timeline Newt grew up to be the ultimate alien and predator killer in the whole galaxy? And then she was captured by time travelling Predators/Weyland Yutani??  ??? Wtf were they thinking? This would not even be accepted by the fanbase in comic-book form.

Never say no to Panda!

Yeah, and WY of the future realized that she is better than the good old "perfect organism", so they caught her and send her back in time just before they were bought out by Walmart. I'm sure there is a Post-it on her pod that says "Clone the sh*t out of her!"

whiterabbit

Here's a question I have about the opening space jump... was that just a jump through space, point A to point B kind of deal or did the ship also jump through time? I mean in trying to figure out the reasoning behind the Ripley and Newt alternative endings... they could have intended for the Predator to be a dimensional race. Which would have been an upgrade. :)

PsyKore

That's a possibility. That sort of thing really takes away from the grounded realism of Alien though and I would hate to ever see it.

Frosty Venom

That's the only explanation that could kinda make this work. But it still sucks.

whiterabbit

Yes but has anyone working on the production said exactly what was meant by the scene. I don't remember hearing anything about it one way or the other.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2019, 01:28:51 AM
The only way I see this work is the protagonist not ending up as the primary prey for the Predator...

I don't know, I can see a human protagonist die in a glorious Spartan "victory" way, in maybe some sort of self sacrifice.  Not that the protagonist is trying to lose, he's not, but he fights so hard they develop a mutual respect. And once he dies, he will always be remembered with honor by the Yautja that defeated him, and the humans the protagonist was trying to protect.

I like that. It reminds me of something that happens off panel in Tarzan vs Predator, where the Predators attack the tribe Tarzan is with and most are slaughtered, but the Son of the chief is found dead, but laid out with his spear by his side. The Predators having left him intact as a sign of respect for a great warrior

lsqBender

lsqBender

It still bugs me more than anything when 'they' make these cliffhanger endings like direct sequels are a certainty in these franchises.
If you're not in the middle of making the next Marvel/DC/StarWars, you shouldn't over estimate your chances of setting up more films that need to explain or conclude your story.
I haven't seen The Predator yet, but from I could gather from comments I've read, non of the alternate endings makes sense. Especially if you are not considering having Ripley and Newt from an alternate timeline come back to the 21st century to fight Predators and Aliens.
Just leave Ripley and the Yautjas on earth stories be. Ripley is dead and Predators on earth are boring by now.
I want to see an adaptation of the first Aliens versus Predator storyline from Dark Horse.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 04, 2019, 01:49:39 AM
This is an adult Newt. Who didn't experience the events of Alien 3. Maybe in this timeline Newt grew up to be the ultimate alien and predator killer in the whole galaxy? And then she was captured by time travelling Predators/Weyland Yutani??  ??? Wtf were they thinking? This would not even be accepted by the fanbase in comic-book form.
Funny that I had a thought of an alternate timeline where Newt survived and an Alien Isolation like encounter, she unfortunately crosses paths with not only the Aliens again but Predator too.

Man Alien 3's production seemed like an omen to all the shit that soon came after. What a curse.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 04, 2019, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2019, 01:28:51 AM

I like that. It reminds me of something that happens off panel in Tarzan vs Predator, where the Predators attack the tribe Tarzan is with and most are slaughtered, but the Son of the chief is found dead, but laid out with his spear by his side. The Predators having left him intact as a sign of respect for a great warrior

Thanks. It would be a great scene that after an exhausting fight, one for the ages, the Predator beaten and bloody finally deals the protagonist the death blow.  Then, the Predator looks to a hilltop to find 3 Predators, his kin, uncloaked and watching. The Predator then looks to the opposite hilltop to see the human villagers, watching.

Then, the impossible happens. The protagonist, with fatal wounds, somehow musters the strength to stand one more time infront of the Predator, and the Predator watches in awe. They all do.

After finally slaying the Protagonist, the Predator bends on one knee, in respect and glorious honor of his challenger.

RidgeTop

Looks like Yuri's posts have been removed from Instagram.

EDIT: His whole Instagram account is down...

Wysps

Not sure that's going to help any. Cats already out of the bag :-X

Voodoo Magic

The plot, like my gravy, thickens!

whiterabbit

So was this a joke on us or a major joke averted?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed