Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,721 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Jan 02, 2019, 07:40:43 PM
Welp. This has certainly taken a turn...

https://media.giphy.com/media/dAVLtOPb0JeIE/giphy.gif

It's my fault, I'm sorry. Shouldn't have mentioned the rating thing in my last post.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 06:49:45 PM
The countless superhero movies which have become average at best with the 8th or 10th entries into the cinematic universe. They get grades in the 80-90% range practically no matter what.

Average at best? Having that opinion is fine, but you can't interject an opinion as fact, then point to the consenus disagreeing with your opinion as evidence for validating a conspiracy.

I can tell the difference between "Alien" and "Alien Resurrection".  I can tell the difference between "Predator" and "The Predator".  And I can tell the difference between "Avengers" and "Justice League".

There has been a consistent level of quality lately in the superhero genre released from Marvel that I and my family, and my friend circle see as fantastic films. "The Winter Soldier". "Civil War" "Guardians of the Galaxy" "Avengers" "Avengers: Infinity War"  "Iron Man".  That's not to say the others I didn't mention are bad, but these are fantastic entries in the genre (imo) that I would highly recommend to anyone, and are no way in my book "average at best".

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 02, 2019, 08:20:21 PM

It's my fault, I'm sorry. Shouldn't have mentioned the rating thing in my last post.

For shame!!! Time to hunt the wabbit.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 08:20:56 PM
The countless superhero movies which have become average at best with the 8th or 10th entries into the cinematic universe. They get grades in the 80-90% range practically no matter what.

Average at best? Having that opinion is fine, but you can't interject an opinion as fact, then point to the consenus disagreeing with your opinion as evidence for a validating a conspiracy.

I can tell the difference between "Alien" and "Alien Ressurection".  I can tell the difference between "Predator" and "The Predator".  And I can tell the difference between "Avengers" and "Justice League".

There has been a consistent level of quality lately in the superhero genre released from Marvel that I and my family, and my friend circle see as fantastic films. "The Winter Soldier". "Civil War" "Guardians of the Galaxy" "Avengers" "Avengers: Infinity War"  "Iron Man".  That's not to say the others I didn't mention are bad, but these are fantastic entries in the genre (imo) that I would highly recommend to anyone, and are no way in my book "average at best".

Hit the nail on the head.

TheSailingRabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 02, 2019, 08:28:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

Average at best? Having that opinion is fine, but you can't interject an opinion as fact, then point to the consenus disagreeing with your opinion as evidence for a validating a conspiracy.

I can tell the difference between "Alien" and "Alien Ressurection".  I can tell the difference between "Predator" and "The Predator".  And I can tell the difference between "Avengers" and "Justice League".

Hit the nail on the head.
Yea "consistent level of quality " as in the same old "****" every time.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 02, 2019, 02:35:29 PM
The Predator, politically correct ? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Yea the Predator is not a PC alien at all.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Nonsense.

Excellent MCU-

Iron-Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War

Mediocre/Good (required) entries:
Thor
Avenger's Assemble
Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Excellent for the majority
but personally I didn't enjoy all that much:

Black Panther (I'm on the fence.)

Mediocre/Bad entries:
The First Avenger
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Just IMO, of course.
But they are absolutely not all the same,
that's just nonsense.

whiterabbit

By same old shit I didn't mean bad, just that if you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all. However GotG1 is better than all but Infinity war and maybe winter solider. However Black Panther is where they jumped the shark. It made a ton of domestic cash but it is boring as hell and deserves a spot in the bad-entry position.

Also Predator fans should let this shit movie go. It is clear that they are thinking about rebooting AVP with those insane alternate endings. We should be talking about that in the AVP-forum and get social media a blaze while they're paying attention. The Silver lining... at least The Predator will not be as awful as that Disney live action Aladdin movie upcoming.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 02, 2019, 10:31:24 PM
that's just nonsense.

I 100% Agree.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 02, 2019, 10:31:24 PM
Nonsense.

Excellent MCU-

Iron-Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War

Mediocre/Good (required) entries:
Thor
Avenger's Assemble
Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Excellent for the majority
but personally I didn't enjoy all that much:

Black Panther (I'm on the fence.)

Mediocre/Bad entries:
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Just IMO, of course.
that's just nonsense.

I'd bump The Incredible Hulk up to good. I still haven't seen the antman movies, black panther, or Doctor Strange.

KiramidHead

The first Captain America was very good, too.

The Shuriken

Black guy = Predator fans

Destroyed apartment = The Predator

Mr.Turok

I feel defeated. I honestly have no faith in any future Aliens, Predator, and especially AVP films anymore. Its like no one can understand how to work with these franchises anymore. I even wonder whats with the original creators not being able to do right with them anymore. Its at the level of J.K Rolling with all her stupid recent shit with Harry Potter. Its like seriously that hufflepuff circle jerk tweek I thought was a joke until f**k its canon. Next I had Ubisoft f**king up with Assassin's Creed lore's most basic tenet about genetic memory being an established choice the ancestor has done until SURPRISE you can do multiple choice endings now even though you can't change the past like that.

What's up with this shit with OG creators f**king up? Only good media we can get from Aliens, Predator, and AVP are now comics and games. Such a shame really.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 03, 2019, 01:41:38 AM
I feel defeated. I honestly have no faith in any future Aliens, Predator, and especially AVP films anymore. Its like no one can understand how to work with these franchises anymore. I even wonder whats with the original creators not being able to do right with them anymore. Its at the level of J.K Rolling with all her stupid recent shit with Harry Potter. Its like seriously that hufflepuff circle jerk tweek I thought was a joke until f**k its canon. Next I had Ubisoft f**king up with Assassin's Creed lore's most basic tenet about genetic memory being an established choice the ancestor has done until SURPRISE you can do multiple choice endings now even though you can't change the past like that.

What's up with this shit with OG creators f**king up? Only good media we can get from Aliens, Predator, and AVP are now comics and games. Such a shame really.

Oh, God.

I don't even want to know what the Hufflepuff circle jerk tweet is.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe there's still room for another alternative ending.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 03, 2019, 12:10:08 AM
The first Captain America was very good, too.

I disagree, I thought it was garbage-
I'd sooner watch any other MCU film-
even Thor TDW.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed