Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,584 times)

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:02:58 PM
Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 02, 2019, 02:35:29 PM
The Predator, politically correct ? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Daddy Disney will change that. You wait.  8)

If they make a great Predator movie again, where is the problem? :P

LOL

https://youtu.be/WofqmWpXJZ8

The Kurgan

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:02:58 PM
Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 02, 2019, 02:35:29 PM
The Predator, politically correct ? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Daddy Disney will change that. You wait.  8)

If they make a great Predator movie again, where is the problem? :P

LOL

https://youtu.be/WofqmWpXJZ8

Why not, the last two were nothing to write home about, let them have their shot at it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Gazz on Jan 02, 2019, 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 12:52:21 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 02, 2019, 12:51:56 PM
Joy, the shill conspiracy theory. ::)
Funny how open source information can show it's not a theory. Numbers don't lie. Follow the money.

There isn't money to follow. It's the pizzagate of the movie world.

Stay with me now. I know it's not movies, but it's not a far fetched example. I'm asking to put on your thinking cap for a couple minutes.

Perhaps you've heard the story: publisher Bethesda was due to give developer Obsidian a bonus if their post-apocalyptic RPG averaged an 85 on Metacritic, the review aggregation site. It got an 84 on PC and Xbox 360, and an 82 on PS3.

"If only it was a stable product and didn't ship with so many bugs, I would've given New Vegas a higher score," wrote a reviewer for the website 1up, which gave New Vegas a B, or 75 on Metacritic's scale.

"It's disappointing to see such an otherwise brilliant and polished game suffer from years-old bugs, and unfortunately our review score for the game has to reflect that," said The Escapist's review, which gave the game an 80.

If New Vegas had hit an 85, Obsidian would have gotten their bonus. And according to one person familiar with the situation who asked not to be named while speaking to Kotaku, that bonus was worth $1 million. For a team of 70 or so, that averages out to around $14,000 a person. Enough for a cheap car. Maybe a few mortgage payments.

Citation:
https://kotaku.com/metacritic-matters-how-review-scores-hurt-video-games-472462218

Baring that in mind...

In the Kotaku post the community was eager to find out if any top reviewers had been blatantly paid off for review scores. Surprisingly enough, the anonymous publisher admits that they don't directly pay for scores but they do it in a number of other ways after being asked about directly influencing review scores, saying...
Reviews only have an impact if they're 90+, and then the impact is huge.

We don't take steps to get good reviews, we take steps to make good games. Then we invite reviews to fancy promotional events to warm them up on the game before they play it on their own.

I think of our launch parties as warm-up comedians for the main act. Warm-up comedians are there to get you laughing and excited, so when the star performer walks onstage, you're primed and ready to enjoy the set. Our promo events are the same way. We bring out media to a fancy location, wine and dine them, show them the best parts of our game, and generally build anticipation for release. The theory is that, once they get the game and play it privately, they already have a positive association with the game, which may influence their final score.

Free $60 game? Check. Fancy party at a ritzy hotel suite? Check. A few hot babes/dudes to set the mood? Check. Free dinner at a lavish restaurant? Check. The excitement of seeing a review with a 90+ after all those perks? Priceless.

This has been reiterated a couple of times throughout pieces from industry vets...about how they're flown out to fancy parties or events to experience the game in a heavily influential setting, just as the anonymous publisher notes, so that media walks away from the event with a very positive outlook on the game well before it releases.

If game reviewers are bribed...is it a stretch to think movie reviewers aren't? C'mon man.

Citation: https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Publisher-Admits-Game-Review-Scores-Heavily-Influenced-By-Trips-Parties-Swag-48395.html

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

I'm with Clanleader on this one. We've known reviewers and promoters have been shilling ever since Harry Knowles was flown out to the premiere of Godzilla in '98. Why are people acting brand new? Obviously not everyone is being treated to this type of external influence, but if people think the big names in the grassroots/social media circles aren't being influenced, you're very naive.

Voodoo Magic

Dont forget the free gifts!

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jan 02, 2019, 05:24:17 PM
I'm with Clanleader on this one. We've known reviewers and promoters have been shilling ever since Harry Knowles was flown out to the premiere of Godzilla in '98. Why are people acting brand new? Obviously not everyone is being treated to this type of external influence, but if people think the big names in the grassroots/social media circles aren't being influenced, you're very naive. A guy named Klayton that covers Jurassic Park on Youtube was flown out overseas to see footage for the then unreleased Fallen Kingdom weeks before it opened. Guess what? He gave Fallen Kingdom a glowing review. Who would have thought? lol

I think nobody is claiming that rating sites are a reliable measurement or quality or that some critics are not bribed. What i said is, that the effect of that is far less relevant than what clanleader claims.

Bribed critics are not the difference between Marvel smashing the box office and The Predator bombing. Top rated movies bomb, poorly rated movies make cash.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I'm with Clanleader on this one. We've known reviewers and promoters have been shilling ever since Harry Knowles was flown out to the premiere of Godzilla in '98. Why are people acting brand new? Obviously not everyone is being treated to this type of external influence, but if people think the big names in the grassroots/social media circles aren't being influenced, you're very naive.

Thank you. This isn't flat earth or lizard people in the government. This is a very possible and very well known thing.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:38:16 PM
I'm with Clanleader on this one. We've known reviewers and promoters have been shilling ever since Harry Knowles was flown out to the premiere of Godzilla in '98. Why are people acting brand new? Obviously not everyone is being treated to this type of external influence, but if people think the big names in the grassroots/social media circles aren't being influenced, you're very naive. A guy named Klayton that covers Jurassic Park on Youtube was flown out overseas to see footage for the then unreleased Fallen Kingdom weeks before it opened. Guess what? He gave Fallen Kingdom a glowing review. Who would have thought? lol

I think nobody is claiming that rating sites are a reliable measurement or quality or that some critics are not bribed. What i said is, that the effect of that is far less relevant than what clanleader claims.

Bribed critics are not the difference between Marvel smashing the box office and The Predator bombing. Top rated movies bomb, poorly rated movies make cash.

Even The Predator 2018 had shills. Not successful ones...but they still had them.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3538763/defending-predator-unfairly-hated-horror-movie-2018/

Original Predator

Yet another stupid, pointless ending revealed for a stupid and pointless movie!!!, hurray!!!

The only thing this reveals is that for whatever reason, FOX didn't want to give up on the AVP universe.
But I spose the research and such is seeing the video game, comic book aspect and seeing that's the only viable option to make money at this point.  vs. a great standalone Pred movie.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 06:21:12 PM

Thank you. This isn't flat earth or lizard people in the government. This is a very possible and very well known thing.

Even The Predator 2018 had shills. Not successful ones...but they still had them.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3538763/defending-predator-unfairly-hated-horror-movie-2018/

Sure,it's called pomotion.There is shilling for every product including movies. But what did it accomplish ? Exactly, so why make a big deal out of it?

Also, any proof that the author of that article is bribed? Or is it enough that he liked something a lot of people did not to be on the shill list?

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 06:46:05 PM

Sure,it's called pomotion.There is shilling for every product including movies. But what did it accomplish ? Exactly, so why make a big deal out of it?

Not about this movie. The countless superhero movies which have become average at best with the 8th or 10th entries into the cinematic universe. They get grades in the 80-90% range practically no matter what.

Which is why we got the iron man suit.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 06:49:45 PM

Not about this movie. The countless superhero movies which have become average at best with the 8th or 10th entries into the cinematic universe.

And you think people would go into the 11th entry of a series because some shill tells them even if they hated the 10 previous ones another shill told them to be awesome? Come on, just because you don't like the superhero movies does not change the fact that a lot of people love them. That has nothing to do with some bribed critic conspiracy.

If it would just take 200 bribed critics for box office records, critics would drown in hooker and blow. Also again, rating on movie critic sites does not equal financial sucess. We got the ironpred because Iron Man made cash, not because of the critical rating. If that was the case they would have stopped making low budget horror movies years ago :D

Any proof that the author of that  The Predator article is bribed? Or is it enough that he liked something a lot of people did not to be on the shill list?

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 06:56:16 PM

Not about this movie. The countless superhero movies which have become average at best with the 8th or 10th entries into the cinematic universe.

And you think people would go into the 11th entry of a series because some shill tells them even if they hated the 10 previous ones another shill told them to be awesome? Come on, just because you don't like the superhero movies does not change the fact that a lot of people love them. That has nothing to do with some bribed critic conspiracy.

If it would just take 200 bribed critics for box office records, critics would drown in hooker and blow. Also again, rating on movie critic sites does not equal financial sucess. We got the ironpred because Iron Man made cash, not because of the critical rating. If that was the case they would have stopped making low budget horror movies years ago :D

Any proof that the author of that  The Predator article is bribed? Or is it enough that he liked something a lot of people did not to be on the shill list?

What does it matter? No matter what is provided you won't acknowledge it.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 06:56:16 PM

What does it matter? No matter what is provided you won't acknowledge it.

So you have some?

Eldritch_DM

Welp. This has certainly taken a turn...

Still Collating...

Who let this ending be filmed? This is hilarious in a "I'm laughing so I wouldn't cry" way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed