Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 99,841 times)

Highland

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 01, 2019, 09:49:26 PM
Well, this just shows they had no idea what they were doing and just trying out some random stuff.

No this is worse. This means they had a sort of idea what they were doing, but just completely misunderstood everything about both series.

Like we already have AVP movies WTF lol.

It's like ...actually for once I can't even make a comparison to anything. It's on planet Z heading into a black hole.

Uncanny Antman

These endings all show how desperate they were to give it a "Marvel ending", but without understanding how those work.  They just figured that throwing a curveball at us would have everyone buzzing about the future of the franchise.   While that's true, totally wrong kind of buzz.

Maybe they should have released all the endings in the cinema at random, Clue style.  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Clearly the Predator Killer suit, although eyeroll inducing to most, was the least offensive selection.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: irn on Jan 01, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

No it isn't.  There is a vast chasm between continuing after where Aliens left off and sending Ripley or Newt back in time.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 01, 2019, 11:16:05 PM
Quote from: irn on Jan 01, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

No it isn't.  There is a vast chasm between continuing after where Aliens left off and sending Ripley or Newt back in time.

D I T T O.

The Old One

The Old One

One awful idea for the past,
one for the future.

Huggs

I have to hand it to the studio, they picked the less awful ending of the bunch. After all the zany ridiculousness of The Predator, if Newt or Ripley had shown up, it would've been like the shark in jaws poking its head out of the water and singing to Brody.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 12:05:04 AM
I have to hand it to the studio, they picked the less awful ending of the bunch. After all the zany ridiculousness of The Predator, if Newt or Ripley had shown up, it would've been like the shark in jaws poking its head out of the water and singing to Brody.

So, is this better than Jaws 4?

Nathsp

For me this is the confirmation that they didnt know what they were doing,.. Royce or dutch at least would have been less disgusting

The Old One

The Old One

Predator Iron-Man > Time Travelled deceased character. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 12:05:04 AM

I really think Fox saved the fans from an all out franchise car wreck to just a fender bender at worst, and a passable, driveable clunker at best.

Fox executives who saw the original cut before they ordered major reshoots, are reading this thread and thinking... Imagine if they saw the original version!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Highland on Jan 01, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 01, 2019, 09:49:26 PM
Well, this just shows they had no idea what they were doing and just trying out some random stuff.

No this is worse. This means they had a sort of idea what they were doing, but just completely misunderstood everything about both series.

Like we already have AVP movies WTF lol.

It's like ...actually for once I can't even make a comparison to anything. It's on planet Z heading into a black hole.

I would call those pseudo AvP movies. They aren't based on any of the actual AvP content that vastly superior to anything Hollyfail has done.

I found this image. It represents where we are now. This my reaction anytime someone says The Predator (2018) is better than Predator (1987). And before anyone asks, yes...there are people who believe that.

Huggs

Huggs

I consider this whole situation a victory for the franchise. What if this movie had been successful? What if it was full speed ahead in this direction? The horror of the thought.

In an age where nonsensical plots and copious amounts of cgi have converted the movie going experience into the quest for visual cocaine, the point was made that this ain't cool with Predator. Keep the modern humor, lazy writing, the digital effects, the ridiculous easter eggs, tributes and throwbacks. Turning Predator into Call of Duty or modern Star Wars didn't go over well, and I hope the message was clearly received by the studio.

No matter how long it will be until another movie is made, I feel confident that what was allowed to happen to The Predator, will never be allowed happen to this franchise again.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 12:30:19 AM
I consider this whole situation a victory for the franchise. In an age where nonsensical plots and copious amounts of cgi have converted the movie going experience into the quest for visual cocaine, the point was made that this ain't cool with Predator. Keep the modern humor, lazy writing, the digital effects, the ridiculous easter eggs, tributes and throwbacks. Turning Predator into Call of Duty or modern Star Wars didn't go over well, and I hope the message was clearly received by the studio.

No matter how long it will be until another movie is made, I feel confident that what was allowed to happen to The Predator, will never be allowed happen to this franchise again.

So, until we get a picture of an animatronic Paxton in a pod, are you saying we can stop beating the dead horse?

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 12:30:19 AM
I consider this whole situation a victory for the franchise. In an age where nonsensical plots and copious amounts of cgi have converted the movie going experience into the quest for visual cocaine, the point was made that this ain't cool with Predator. Keep the modern humor, lazy writing, the digital effects, the ridiculous easter eggs, tributes and throwbacks. Turning Predator into Call of Duty or modern Star Wars didn't go over well, and I hope the message was clearly received by the studio.

Unfortunately...they tried to appeal to a younger generation. A younger generation that won't watch it anyway. No matter how much we may disagree. We all must accept it: alien and predator are "old people" franchises. They don't resonate with young people for the most part. So the studio forgot who their actual target demographic was and failed miserably with the next generation and alienated their traditional fans.

Effectively, at this point, they have successfully killed the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed