Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 98,666 times)

The Kurgan

Eric Red's Alien 3 or nothing  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Vincent Ward's Alien III it's probably the only extravaganza I want to see on the big screen.

Quote from: irn on Jan 01, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

I remember people bringing up the idea of ​​the dream (Alien 3 and Res were just nightmares or something :P). Well, it's safe to say that every one here is wishing that The Predator is just a bad dream. :laugh:

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 01, 2019, 03:00:37 PM

Watch out! they can hear you!  :laugh:

Frosty Venom

These shitty endings make me somewhat glad that we got the Predator Killer suit. I still hate it though.

It is cool to see grown up Newt but how did this alternate timeline occur and how did she time travel back to 2018 Earth. Just crazy. So bad.

TheSailingRabbit

You know what?

A:CM makes more sense than this.

There! I said it!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: irn on Jan 01, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

Whether you're for a retcon or against, to suggest Shane Black and Fred Dekker's inability to compose a logical, respectful and compelling franchise story is the only one path result of a retcon is just plain silly. You need to go no further than "Halloween" to dismiss that.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 01, 2019, 03:09:09 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 01, 2019, 03:00:37 PM
Watch out! they can hear you!  :laugh:

Damn you are right. I was just joking...just to make that clear for anyone listening :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 01, 2019, 03:09:09 PM
I remember people bringing up the idea of ​​the dream (Alien 3 and Res were just nightmares or something :P). Well, it's safe to say that every one here is wishing that The Predator is just a bad dream. :laugh:

No it's not safe to say. We have a lot of strictly only Alien fans here on this thread piling on about a film that some haven't seen, about scenes that aren't even in the movie.

Now I don't think it's a great film at all, not at all, but nor do I think it's horrendously bad. Some of the movie is really fun (example the Fugitive), some of the characters compelling to watch (example Traeger) and some of the comedy really makes me laugh (example Casey in the hotel bedroom).  And  more power to them, there's other Predator fans (read the threads) that even think more highly of it than me.

Immortan Jonesy

Oh! I didn't know that. Pardon my ignorance  :)

In fact, I do the same with some Alien movies (prequels)  ;D

KiramidHead

Honestly, this reeks of a studio idea.

acrediblesource

The only thing that would make it good was actually getting Siguarny to actually wake up and say a few lines, then....meet with Dutch who would say ...a few lines... then see a third person who will take them to the battle whom eventually would star in the film as lead. Otherwise, wasted opportunity.

The Old One

The Old One

That would make it good?

No.
The whole idea is atrocious.

ep40

How it is possible that many good fan ideas will never be realised but such utter lunacy went that far in developmental stage? Ideas in original Predator like camouflage or plasma caster were otherwordly yet at the same time grounded. For example while it was obvious that camouflage and plasma caster required a power source not known to human science, it was depicted in reasonable way as Predator had a big battery on the back to power it and complicated control panel.
Now we have invisibility balls, nanite PK suit and time travel. Last thing doesn't fit thematically in this universe, even for Engineers that are implied to be more advanced than Predators.

Nightmare Asylum

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Highland

Thing is the Royce in the Pod or Dutch kinda makes a tiny bit of sense ( especially Royce).

It's like they got drunk , started pitching ideas , filmed it, then woke up with a bottle of Heineken up their ass with major memory loss then it got out.

Vermillion

No gerbil?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed