Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 98,324 times)

XenoVC

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 01, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jan 01, 2019, 10:46:41 AM
Not sure who made this but

oh man, I just can't stop laughing at the thought of that and how it makes just as much sense as these alternate endings. Man they should have had the Predator go forward in time and rescue Newt at that very scene and then bring her back in time. I mean literally have the movie aliens inside of The Predator. That way at least we could say there was a great movie in there.

The moment that the line was crossed that no mortals ever thought would be crossed (besides that AvPvT comic) in the mind of Black & Dekker, or ADI in their free time, or whoever that they were gonna bring actual characters into the A/P idea rather than just creatures, anything was on the table.

And very likely exactly that beat for beat.

maron

maron

Seriously....
Movie companies have become so insane in the past several years, it feels so easy to totally refuse their canon. It's so stupid you just cannot accept it anymore in several movie franchises.

irn

How the hell did this get so far through that there were actors and props? Just... how?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 01, 2019, 05:15:45 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 01, 2019, 03:14:46 AM
What's next? Animatronic Bill Paxton to show Hudson's a Pred-killer as well?

Finally, a good idea!

No. I said no. I'll cry. And if I find out they were so stoned they decided to bring Drake into this, I'll cry even more.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

FFS I can not think of anything worse.....Oh wait! no! I didn't mean to say that.....no no!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for an ALIENS VS PREDATOR 3 live action movie from 20th Century Fox or whatever details of a Disney spin off overlooking IP subsidaries.

But Newt! Newt!!!!!

We don't need necromancy of fictional deceased characters from past films. Heck ALIENS and the Sulaco did a classic spin on how to have an equally quotable crew as ALIEN and the Nostromo.
We need good script writers and not retconning of confirmed killed in action characters.
Didn't work for ALIEN Resurrection- original script called ALIEN-Earthbound that planned to bring back characters with cloning as well
Didn't work for ALIENS- Colonial Marines (in terms of in-game plot)
Didn't work for Blomkamp's ALIEN 5
Jury is out whether ALIEN 3 William Gibsons comics will do an alternate universe justice

How hard is it to write relatable and quotable characters for a new AVP3?

And yes all 3 ending sucked.

I agree with whoever said a Xenomorph should've jumped and out killed everyone in the base. Set-up a cheap modern day earth AVP3 since 20th Century Fox refuses to go forward into the future if characters are being sent back in time.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 01, 2019, 05:40:57 AM
It's crazy to think that back when Dutch and Ripley were mentioned, that "yes" meant Ripley. So was Dutch not even considered? Even a young Dutch?

Shane originally wanted Dutch to return in the end remember?  Shane met with Arnold, Arnold read the script and Arnold said no way.  Actually it sounded more like no vay but it was a no. He talked about it to the press. It was all very public. Movie fans were disappointed. I would imagine a body double of Dutch at that point would just rub people the wrong way.

Me.... I was hoping a teacher was going to come out of the pod and actually teach the audience Dutch.... but no such luck.

Mr. Clemens

So glad I didn't go see this movie.

Highland

This should now be the bench mark which any debate involving fandom vs directors is judged.

Debate - " the directors don't seem to be in touch with the source material"

*Insert picture of Newt with robotic facehugger, from the future, in a predator pod.

Just typing that I'm Gona go ahead and confirm that this is the most ridiculous idea ever to be filmed. Can anyone think of anything worse than that?

TheSailingRabbit

I think we have threads for that.

But I think there are a few ideas worse.

1. More pods are revealed with the whole crew of the Sulaco.

2. How about we add everyone from the Nostromo?

3. Oh, look, Dutch and his whole team are here, too.

4. What the hell? Is that Harrigan and Lambert?

5. Look, Royce, too!

Rudiger

All sound like total shit. Not surprising really, as the film was a steaming pile of inane rubbish.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 01, 2019, 01:39:26 PM

Oh you have to see it. Just so you understand what a desecration of the franchise has transpired. This movie and the failed concepts prove modern moving making is dead. Fox, Black and Decker are so far removed from what the beat of the fans want, they had no clue how to proceed. This movie was a fusion confusion film. It didn't know what to be, what to say, or where to go. So it became everything, said everything, and went everywhere. For a guy who starred in the original movie, I don't think he can even understand what made the original successful. These ideas are underwear on forehead stupid.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Jan 01, 2019, 01:48:46 PM
This should now be the bench mark which any debate involving fandom vs directors is judged.

Debate - " the directors don't seem to be in touch with the source material"

*Insert picture of Newt with robotic facehugger, from the future, in a predator pod.

Shane Black left to his own devices:

A time-travelling, back from the dead, Predator killing Ripley or Newt. Friendly Predators working with humans. Friendly Predators smoking cigarettes. Pred-monkeys. Pred-Spiders. More scenes with the pet pred-dog.  And so on.

No, Fox should not have trusted Shane Black with the keys to the franchise in the first place, but I can't stress this enough: Thank you Fox Executives for stepping in here and demanding changes. You dialed back this movie mess from being a franchise killer, to a tolerable popcorn movie imo.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 01, 2019, 01:39:26 PM

Same here.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 01, 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 01, 2019, 05:40:57 AM
It's crazy to think that back when Dutch and Ripley were mentioned, that "yes" meant Ripley. So was Dutch not even considered? Even a young Dutch?

Shane originally wanted Dutch to return in the end remember?  Shane met with Arnold, Arnold read the script and Arnold said no way.  Actually it sounded more like no vay but it was a no. He talked about it to the press. It was all very public. Movie fans were disappointed. I would imagine a body double of Dutch at that point would just rub people the wrong way.

Me.... I was hoping a teacher was going to come out of the pod and actually teach the audience Dutch.... but no such luck.

They went too far with the crossover idea. Smell like something cooked at SYFY kitchen actually.   

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 01, 2019, 02:09:33 PM
A time-travelling, back from the dead, Predator killing Ripley or Newt. Friendly Predators working with humans. Friendly Predators smoking cigarettes. Pred-monkeys. Pred-Spiders. More scenes with the pet pred-dog.  And so on.

No, Fox should not have trusted Shane Black with the keys to the franchise in the first place, but I can't stress this enough: Thank you Fox Executives for stepping in here and demanding changes. You dialed back this movie mess from being a franchise killer, to a tolerable popcorn movie imo.

It was for little though, since they filmed some of these things, which is a bad sign in any case.

irn

Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 01, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
These ideas are underwear on forehead stupid.

Why am I thinking of Weird Science?

Quote from: irn on Jan 01, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Are the Alien 3 retconners happy? This is the future that you wanted. :D

I'm open to other ideas. Gibson's script in comic form is a step in a good direction.

This is not.

This makes no sense. I have read better fanfiction than this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed