Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,612 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I'm going to be frank, aside from the craftsmanship-
I see nothing good about this.

brokentusk420

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Dec 03, 2018, 11:52:16 AM
It look's awesome!!, Jon and SaraI did a really good job. It looks like it belongs in the Alien Universe its that good :) -  I feel Predator is separate to the ALIEN universe though...... :(  I am only here for the Glorious Alien Content.

It belongs in neither. It makes zero sense to design anything let alone a breathing apparatus after the look of the first violent part of the alien life cycle. The craftsmanship being top notch aside, this is dumb. Yet another stupid idea thought up by this bunch of morons. Who keeps thinking up all this crap or are all of them to blame? No it doesn't belong in the alien universe because there is no gain in designing it after a parasitic organism that latches fo your face.

brokentusk420

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 04:40:07 PM
I think you're often rather harsh, but I have to agree.

Yeah I often am but this stuff really gets under my skin. These Studios keep giving us crap movies and people do one of two things. Either they love it and it's a crap movie or they hate it but then when even dumber stuff comes out that was either deleted or never put in there they act like it's somehow would have made this movie better. It was cut out for a reason and that cutting out was the smartest thing anyone did on the production of this movie. And that's being nice. But yeah I know I'm rough-around-the-edges Around the Edges I've been working on it I've been talking to people about my issues anger wise.

426Buddy

I dont get it...

A Weyland Yutani pod with an electronic facehugger?

Time travel confirmed!  :laugh:

Seriously how could that possibly make any sense? But then again nothing in this flick made sense anyway.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 03, 2018, 10:05:38 AM
But it's another story to put a Predator head on a dog, a breathing mask shaped like a Facehugger or this killer suit including dreadlocks that just looks like a Nanotech Predator. Feels like you can't come up with a recognizable style (like the generic suit concepts a few weeks ago) so you just make it look as similar as the creatures everyone knows.

They were approaching this territory, IMO.

And of course, an alternative to the lore presented via Alien prequels.

The Old One

The Old One

What's the mentality behind the thing?

A facemask resembling the "Facehugger" a century before it's discovered?
The W-Y Logo, again- a century before the merger of Weyland-Yutani.

Unless you're saying that the merger happened much earlier than...
everything else concerning the subject indicates, the Alien prequels, the Alien films, The W-Y Report.

This coupled with the AVP Alien spear makes me think-
The Predator may actually be the last in the continuity of the "old canon" that contradicts new entries;
AVP, AVPR, AVP 2010, The Predator.

Which, sorry not sorry AVP fans, would be appropriate for the track record of that set of films.

brokentusk420

Mark my words,  the next moronic direction they will take either of these franchises with be a Chris Pratt character training xenomorphs. Let that set in for a bit. That's the direction this predator movie took.  Nonsensical pandering to the audience while competing with this marvel esque age of films. 

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 03, 2018, 05:08:10 PM

Everyone who advocates for Neill Blomkamp's film seems to conveniently forget about that awful concept art.
That shit, is DotS tier.

brokentusk420

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 05:09:34 PM
What's the mentality behind the thing?

A facemask resembling the "Facehugger" a century before it's discovered?
The W-Y Logo, again- a century before the merger of Weyland-Yutani.

Unless you're saying that the merger happened much earlier than...
everything else concerning the subject indicates, the Alien prequels, the Alien films, The W-Y Report.

This coupled with the AVP Alien spear makes me think-
The Predator may actually be the last in the continuity of the "old canon" that contradicts new entries;
AVP, AVPR, AVP 2010, The Predator.

Which, sorry not sorry AVP fans, would be appropriate for the track record of that set of films.

Well in my opinion it isn't the old track verses new one. It's the good movies is the bad ones. There to date hasn't been a proper avp movie. Everything past predator 2  has been a dumpster fire. It's like no one making them has seen the originals. They just have some vague idea of a predator movie/design and then pile on their garbage fanboy ideas trying to reinvent the wheel.  If it aint broke don't try to fix it. Which is exactly all they been doing.  And failing miserably. 

BishopShouldGo

Hopefully they filmed this scene. I would love to see it. That's a cool design.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 03, 2018, 05:08:10 PM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 03, 2018, 10:05:38 AM
But it's another story to put a Predator head on a dog, a breathing mask shaped like a Facehugger or this killer suit including dreadlocks that just looks like a Nanotech Predator. Feels like you can't come up with a recognizable style (like the generic suit concepts a few weeks ago) so you just make it look as similar as the creatures everyone knows.

And of course, an alternative to the lore Alien prequels.

I always loved this.

The Old One

The Old One

It's absolute trash, what's to love about Ripley in Alien cosplay?
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen visually and conceptually from this franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
It's absolute trash

Speaking about harsh...  ;)

On the conceptual art itself, I do get that some people like it, but I'm not a fan either.

brokentusk420

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 03, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
It's absolute trash, what's to love about Ripley in Alien cosplay?
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen visually and conceptually from this franchise.

I second that motion. Its is absolute trash. It belongs in a Saturday cartoon or a toy line, but not a movie. Its a terrible fan boy idea i would expect from only a teenager. 

AVP-CAPCOM

Mr H Reviews (a sort of kindred associate of AVP-GALAXY) did a video on this with further analysis and angles of the mask.

To say THE PREDATOR did not have designs on a shared universe with AVP are naive when you clearly have a predator capsule with the Weyland logo and a facehugger mask!

As a fan vying for a 3rd live action AVP film I would've championed this ending. My issue with the predator killer suit we have broken continuity.

Why would we have, relatively, primitive Colonial Marines in stone age military armour and antique dropships and APCs- when a biomechanical suit which merges the user with invincibility and lightening auto aim functions and lazer firepower. Could be reverse engineered and mass produced?

An AVP reveal or even a live Facehugger in container found in PREDATOR specimen jars would've been better.

Instead they went with the superhero singularity conspiracy (Venom being the other 2018 movie to follow this troupe).

dHunter333

Quote from: SiL on Dec 03, 2018, 01:13:33 AM
It's the Weyland-Yutani logo, even.

Shouldn't it just be Weyland at this point?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed