Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator universe!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 06, 2015, 04:32:31 AM

Author
Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator universe! (Read 7,465 times)

Xenomorphine

Yeah, that's the example I've been using (ironically, featuring the same actor). All we have is some art which features him, but for all we know, he might not be 'real', in the same way as in that other film.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2015, 03:36:59 AM
Yeah, that's the example I've been using (ironically, featuring the same actor). All we have is some art which features him, but for all we know, he might not be 'real', in the same way as in that other film.

Assuming what you say ends up being.. and Alien 3 and Resurrection are ignored, and Hicks would still be dead.. we have to assume he died from a different death or something?

Xenomorphine

It was more of a valid theory when it was possible Ripley 8, with her genetic memory stuff, could still have been featuring. Hicks would make sense to feature as a hallucination along those lines. He'd be the one figure she'd associate with who'd be seen as a fellow fighter, in all regards.

Of course, we don't yet know that this Ripley isn't another of the clones, but those other recent quotes make that unlikely.

Still, he could just be featuring as part of a dream sequence. Have to wait and see.

Magegg

I would be happier if the headline had been Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator-Prometheus universe...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 07, 2015, 04:35:34 AM
I would be happier if the headline had been Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator-Prometheus universe...

I would be happier too. Trust me.. I don't want to go a Fire and Stone route.

Lonely Universe

I just hope they don't retcon this Archie vs Predator. Do away with whatever you want, but Archie stays.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 07, 2015, 05:34:57 AM
I just hope they don't retcon this Archie vs Predator. Do away with whatever you want, but Archie stays.

Uuuuuh.. Considering that Archie does have an established multiverse, that maybe a canonical AU which treats only the first movie as canon. And interestingly enough, Judge Dredd vs Aliens and Judge Dredd vs Predator are both canonical to as far as the Judge Dredd franchise is concerned. Yes, Aliens and Predators legitimately exist in the Dredd universe-- in the case of Dredd vs Predator, it treats the first movie as canon, and by proxy the second movie and the old EU too.

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2015, 04:40:03 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Mar 07, 2015, 04:35:34 AM

I would be happier too. Trust me.. I don't want to go a Fire and Stone route.
No idea about Fire and Stone, I just think Prometheus is not much compatible with Alien/Aliens in matter of themes... It looks just like they took a single element of the original Alien movie (the space jockey) and they stretched it over an extremely different work. If it they had used a different design for the alien, it could easily have been a completely different unrelated work. I prefer to think about Prometheus as a different series on its own...

Xenomorphine

EA was joking, Rakai. ;)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2015, 02:05:19 PM
EA was joking, Rakai. ;)

I figured he was but.. there was irony in what he said, especially regarding Archie.

That and it just doesn't help that I was (and still am) mentally tired at the time when I posted that.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I personally want zero Predator references in Alien 5. So thank god for this piece of news.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 08, 2015, 07:57:26 AM
I personally want zero Predator references in Alien 5. So thank god for this piece of news.

Agreed, and this is coming from someone who likes AvP.

Conversely.. supposedly, there was a Xenomorph skull seen in the camp site in PREDATORS, but I think that was some IMDBer making some bullshit and some of AvPGalaxy's own members had debunked that.

Not sure if we will get any Alien references in Shane's movie. Personally, I hope not-- if his movie connects with PREDATORS. If his movie ignores it.. Maybe... MAYBE.

Son Of Kane

References done tastefully like the skull in Predator 2 are fine but direct dialogue references would be irritating.

Xenomorphine

That skull was, indeed, debunked. Elongated. Nothing more.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 08, 2015, 01:20:32 PM
That skull was, indeed, debunked. Elongated. Nothing more.

Wut?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed