Aliens in Requiem a result of Pred genetic tampering?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 10, 2007, 10:59:07 PM

Author
Aliens in Requiem a result of Pred genetic tampering? (Read 821 times)

Robotpo

Hypothetically, (as it most likely won't be explained away in the movie), could we write off the aliens in "Requiem" as being genetic freaks altered on a genetic level by the Predators for the purpose of being game? Who's to say that the following was not a actual sequence of events:

-Queen is kept in stasis by Preds in arctic temple. Queen and/or eggs are injected with some sort-of Predator steroid to expedite the creature's growth cycle

-One of the genetically-altered face-huggers gets it in on with Scar, the bugs off while he's passed out

-Scar gives birth to PredAlien "Chet." However, because of the predator tampering, Chet grows in size in comparatively short matter of time and wipes out Pred crew

-After crashing outside Gunnison, the PredAlien, because its genes dictate the need to propagate as quickly as possible for the sake of the hunt, manifests a new, alternative method for reproduction; the highly-reviled "barf & birth." This is not part of the normal xenomorphs' life-cycle, but is a new addition to the PredAlien's genome; in an area with no queen and few other aliens, the preds program the alien to supply game as quickly as possible, hence our new bulimic fiend

-The PredAlien spits up in the mouths of assorted towns-folk. Towns-folk give birth to various, (and possibly multiple) chest-bursters. However, the new breed of aliens are comparatively slow and uncoordinated compared to other members of the species encountered by humanity/the audience. This is because the aliens that over-run Gunnison are not true Xenomorphs, but genetic aberrations born from another genetic aberration, the predator's genetic enhancements speeding their life-cycle but at the expense of their senses. They're literally copies from a copy, resulting in the sluggish behavior and comparatively less-than-stealthy mannerisms we've seen/heard about.

-Wolf easily kills the crappy "Instant-Aliens." Gunnison obliterated. Pizza-Boy skewered through the back. Dallas and Kelly move to Elm street and have a baby boy named "Pussy-Face." Chet realizes she has a problem and checks into a clinic for help. While there, she meets Lindsay Lohan and promptly bites off her head.

It's just a theory, (and one that, as stated before, will not be in the movie), but since I doubt the movie will contradict it, this, (or something similar), could be used to explain away the xenomorphs' lack-luster behavior/appearance as seen in "Requiem": essentially, genetic deterioration. 

Major Alan Schaefer

Sure we can bealive that...also we can bealvie Predators mate with T-Rexes...
if the movie doesn't say this is why then...we really can't say it is

WisePredator

The Aliens are genetically tampered with, that's why they go limp at the sight of a Predator.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 10, 2007, 11:03:47 PM
The Aliens are genetically tampered with, that's why they go limp at the sight of a Predator.
Based on.....

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 10, 2007, 11:04:50 PM
Based on.....
... an inconvenient truth ;)

Just a rant Dutch. ;D

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 11, 2007, 12:08:21 AM
Based on.....

Just pure a rant Dutch. ;D
I know lol

WisePredator

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 12:10:54 AM
Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 11, 2007, 12:08:21 AM
Based on.....

Just a rant Dutch. ;D
I know lol
Good :D

Robotpo

Robotpo

Well, you don't think it's a good idea to explain away the massive discrepancy in alien appearance and behavior between this and the other films? Good-bye continuity...

Also, as I said before this is a theory...true not one based in much on-screen information, but it makes as much sense as anything else in AVP-R...

The Cleaner

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 11, 2007, 03:04:24 AM
Well, you don't think it's a good idea to explain away the massive discrepancy in alien appearance and behavior between this and the other films? Good-bye continuity...
Pfft, there hasn't been any good continuity since Alien 3(And even that had it's flaws).

I would think that maybe because these Aliens are made by a Predalien hybrid queen, they would atleast look somewhat different than their predecessors, though not by much. And as Cameron put it about the aliens in ALIENS, the reason why the Aliens had ribbed heads was because they were older, so maybe the ones in AVP-R are alittle bit older, too.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

that theory is a little too outlandish.  i REEEALLLY dont think the preds had a plan to create the predalien from the first place.   plus i'm sure that preds have had to erradicate other predaliens before, due to accidents such as scar.   predaliens are a problem that must be dealt with immediately as they upset the balance of things. 

god i hate referencing paul andersen's dabotchery.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed