Alien Reproduction

Started by megachu17, Oct 13, 2007, 01:17:26 AM

Author
Alien Reproduction (Read 2,551 times)

SiL

SiL

It doesn't contradict anything and it was a global theatrical release. Sure it counts.

Nepthys

Nepthys

I can't wiat to see this movie. Honestly, I think it will have more action than AvP and Alien: Resurrection put together.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

I don't understand much about Alien reproduction.I only know that there needs to be a Queen to lay eggs.
That's the only way.
I don't see other.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Dutch Schaeffer on Oct 22, 2007, 01:19:53 PM
I don't understand much about Alien reproduction.I only know that there needs to be a Queen to lay eggs.
That's the only way.
I don't see other.

If you don't know much about Alien reproduction, why state it's the only way for reproduction? Research it and you'll find there are other ways.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 22, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: Dutch Schaeffer on Oct 22, 2007, 01:19:53 PM
That's the only way.
I don't see other.

If you don't know much about Alien reproduction, why state it's the only way for reproduction? Research it and you'll find there are other ways.

Canon or non-canon?  ;D

Master

Master

Quite canon, but this alternative way exist only to create queen. In this film there is no queen so there is slight problem with alternative way.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Master on Oct 22, 2007, 03:29:43 PM
Quite canon, but this alternative way exist only to create queen. In this film there is no queen so there is slight problem with alternative way.

I find it strange to have an Alien infestation without a Queen... And in a fifth movie starring Aliens, presenting a new reproductory cycle is just asking for trouble... Especially since this has a 50-50 chance of being utter rubbish... More like 60-40 to me...

But maybe the Bros. are teasing us, making us think there won't be one and then she'll be there...

I would prefer that to have some made-up reproductory cycle that was never even hinted at in the previous movies...Eggmorphing is sort of set aside because of the time it would take to morph at least 20 people into eggs (you would need 10 Aliens at least to get those humans) so the math can get quite screwed up with that EM thing...

So, what else is left...? If there is no Queen and the EM looks feasable but farfetched in terms of time, how will the Aliens reproduce then...?  ???

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, we don't have any indication as to the span of time the whole film covers. :) It could just start out after the Aliens have succeeded in getting enough hosts to get to 'critical mass' and then go on their abduction assaults in a more open way.

Or perhaps they have one way to get usual Aliens and another method, transforming people into eggs, is to get Queens? What if the Predalien feels a proverbial army is needed to protect the Queen before one of those arrives, considering how many potential enemies are in the area? I could accept that, personally. The Nostromo environment would not have the same circusmtances.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 22, 2007, 04:11:58 PM
Well, we don't have any indication as to the span of time the whole film covers. :) It could just start out after the Aliens have succeeded in getting enough hosts to get to 'critical mass' and then go on their abduction assaults in a more open way.

Or perhaps they have one way to get usual Aliens and another method, transforming people into eggs, is to get Queens? What if the Predalien feels a proverbial army is needed to protect the Queen before one of those arrives, considering how many potential enemies are in the area? I could accept that, personally. The Nostromo environment would not have the same circusmtances.

Sure, if they found a way to visually convey all that, unless there will be some human biologist giving us the sort of background Sebastian did in AVP...

My guess is they will invent something that probably won't be liked... The odds are enormous and against the directors... You have to understand the eggmorphing defenders are a small percentage of the fan community...most don't understand it, and many will not accept the idea of Aliens reproducing without a Queen...

Those are the formidable odds against a possible misfire regarding one of the probable departures in AVPR from the previous Alien and AVP movies... :-\

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, I'm hoping there will be an egg transformation scene and something would be inferred about it being different to what happened to the rest. The observing character could comment about how it's situated in a more protected place or it might even be X-Rayed or autopsied and what's shown on the monitor is, to us, obviously an embryonic Queen, complete with the crest (they should probably have retained the same puppets), but the character's would never know that.

It doesn't have to be 'rescued' and could easily be accidentally destroyed in some way, but those are some ways of achieving that, in a story.

Master

Master

I also think that they are teasing with us and that tere will be Queen ( HumanAlien queen or, Predalien queen) because it is the quickest and easiest way to overrun the whole town.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed