Alien Reproduction

Started by megachu17, Oct 13, 2007, 01:17:26 AM

Author
Alien Reproduction (Read 2,547 times)

megachu17

megachu17

i agree, but then, what r the odds that the facehugger that got lucky enough to hug a pred was a super-facehugger?? besides, super-facehuggers impregnate 2 hosts, so that would mean 2 pred aliens unless 1 died in the crash

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 13, 2007, 11:28:57 PM
i agree, but then, what r the odds that the facehugger that got lucky enough to hug a pred was a super-facehugger?? besides, super-facehuggers impregnate 2 hosts, so that would mean 2 pred aliens unless 1 died in the crash

the facehugger that got scar clearly didn't survive the blast in the first avp. Otherwise if it is a queen facehugger it could get two hosts.

However i find it strange that the predators who established the queen there in the pyramid and pumped her full of growth hormones to speed up egg production(and account for the size, unless the queen was birthed from a creature bigger than a human off-world on some other planet and then brought to earth),
would allow her to produce queen eggs. Wouldn't they alter her reproductive cycle as to only produce warrior aliens to hunt, as other queens could jeopardize their hunt?

So I really am concerned about the "no queen" thing, unless its not been confirmed. I remember some post of colin's that responded to someone speculating that the predalien was a queen with the following:

"ummm... ;)"

check it out here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4439.msg70241#msg70241

That with the "huge queen head" or whatever, and the "she wants to hunt and reproduce" it seems to point to predalien queen.

SiL

SiL

Except the comment, 'there's no Queen in the movie'.

Also the fact that it's small, has only two arms, and wasn't born a Queen.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

What are the chances that he's lying? Very good I'd say. Plus, how do you know it wasn't born a queen?

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Because it only has 2 arms.  Alien 3 and Alien Ressurection show us that the Queen is born with all her limbs.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 13, 2007, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 13, 2007, 07:12:26 PM
no, im pretty sure u can just as easily mak a regular egg thourgh the egg-morph process...

however that contradicts the whole accepted theory of egg morphing, which is only a last resort to produce a queen when there is not one and a lone warrior alien is isolated from a hive. Its not a gamble of producing eggs, til one eventually becomes a queen one.

Agreed...there has to be a realistic, plausible biological reason, otherwise isolated Aliens would make Queens all the time and everywhere... I would believe more easily that only certain types of Aliens (either the never-before-see white drones Jim Cameron described in his Aliens treatment, or a Pretorian-like Alien) could make a Queen and only in very specific circumstances (death of a Queen, for instance...)
I would accept easily the EGGMORPHING thing if it  SOLELY took place to make a Queen, to organise the HIVE and make the species prosper, and not regular-type Xenomorphs...

Master

Master

I have new idea. Maybe the aliens that came from this "hormon pumped" queen are quite different from original drones/warriors, They could grow further and change them selves in to a queens. So there could be a queen like alien that is not a regular queen. Thats make sense. Then the Predalien would be last creature from this mutated species and it would be able to give us normal alien eggs without egg-morphing.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I think that there "no queen in the movie" is a lie because I think these two bros know what there doing and know what all the fans want which they want to keep it a surprise also it would be kick a@& if there was a queen and predalien in the movie.

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 13, 2007, 04:59:46 AM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 13, 2007, 04:43:48 AM
it wont be, they would need something faster than that,

It only took a few hours for the alien to egg-morph Brett and part egg-morph Dallas.  Then again, it only had two hosts at that stage.

Quoteand besides that isnt really official canon, just an extra in the special cut.

It was a 'director's cut' - as Ridley Scott said, and it wasn't an 'extra', it was reinstated into the actual film.

But was egg morphing in the theatrical verson? No. Therefore, non-canon

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I read that an alien born of a female host would be a queen.
Makes sense. The woman in the hive had a burster with arms, could be a queen. Ripley had a queen, and if you argue that it looks different from the other, ell me that the bursters in Rez and Alien are the same. And the queen burster in Rez looks normal-ish.
Perhaps Scar was a female.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 14, 2007, 02:39:24 PM
Makes sense. The woman in the hive had a burster with arms, could be a queen. Ripley had a queen, and if you argue that it looks different from the other, ell me that the bursters in Rez and Alien are the same. And the queen burster in Rez looks normal-ish.
Too unlikely, in aliens there were 157 colonists, and i think atleast 30 or 40 of them were females, still, there is only one queen, i think that chestburster that came out of the cocooned women was a normal chestburster.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Well you see when a mommy alien loves a daddy alien they...... ;) and thats how they reproduce

Nah they may be hermaphrodites like roaches

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 14, 2007, 02:39:24 PM

wtf?

The gender of the host does not affect the gestating alien inside. The alien which bursts out onscreen from that woman in aliens was certainly not a queen. It was just a difference of chestburster design from alien to aliens that accounts for the arms.  Scar may have been a rookie predator and somewhat of a pansie but he was not female.
By this logic, there would have been like 50 queens in aliens, since many of the colonists were female and they had chestbursters burst out of them.

SM

SM

QuoteBut was egg morphing in the theatrical verson? No. Therefore, non-canon

A theatrical release

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2007, 12:51:22 AM
QuoteBut was egg morphing in the theatrical verson? No. Therefore, non-canon

A theatrical release

i don't know if that counts. lol
Its a special movie theater showing of the director's cut, which was not originally the theatrical version of the film released in theaters in 1979.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed