Alien Home world look?

Started by nukem11, Sep 12, 2007, 11:54:08 AM

Author
Alien Home world look? (Read 7,760 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Lovely Man on Sep 12, 2007, 05:24:58 PM
If the aliens and Preds are from the same world, then why hunt them on pyramids on Earth?

Haha, exactly. Never though of that.

James OCanis

James OCanis

If the aliens and Preds are from the same world, then why hunt them on pyramids on Earth?

Hmm...good point. That does make that whole ritual a little pointless.

Although, just for the sake of being hypothetical, let's say that the first AVP didn't happen.

Yeah, cavemen predators would only be fighting with sticks and stones, but we've seen that it is possible for them to win against xenomorphs in melee combat. It's not easy, but they can do it. Only the tough, hardcore predators would survive long enough to reproduce in such a situation. And remember what I said...equilibrium. The assumption that xenomorphs won't swarm over the predators and eliminate their supply of hosts and food. That would present plenty of challange to the rising predator race without driving them extinct. It could explain why they are so physically powerful; just look at the competiton! It also explains their brutal, nomatic culture. They would have constantly been in conflict with the most brutal species nature has to offer...but they would still manage to get by in the same way we did again nature: through tools and intelligence.

Thinking of that, I imagine a dark, hot, wet planet covered in jungles and swamps and perhaps a fair amount of geological activity and volcanoes with a considerable ocean, dotted with subterranean xenomorph hives and impressive, walled fortress-cities in which predators live within, in a small city-state sort of social structure that is very darwinian in nature. In the present day, with their advanced technology, energy shields have replaced (or at least augment) ancient stone walls and plasma batteries have replaced spears, arrows, and ancient catapults. It's a brutal, hostile world that has produced two of the most dangerous species the galaxy has ever known.

Nightmare

Nightmare

aliens coudl have a home planet....

things to small for facehuggers survive (in alesn the aleisn didnt ate the lil rats we saw on i think on extended edition) ...things huggable are for hugging....animals that are very big and cant be hugged may turn food (if they feed.......)

so when every anials was extincitn, the eggs survive and wait thousand of years for the small ankmals to evolve into bigger animals....

i think aliens size would depend on host so a big queen makes biiger huggers and can hugh bigger animals....but if the original "pure egg" wasnt big enough to hugh a big animal, that big animal cant give birth to a bigger queen able to lay eggs to hugh that animal....

this way big animals cant be hugged...only good for food...
(i dont think a hugger woudl jump on a "t-rex" mouth till the stomach (suposign it couldl survive the t-rex digestive system and suceed goin trough the mouth..) and implante the burster...also this way animal woudlnt be paralized...also the t-rex woudl learn to not eat these things that have acid that kills them...theres also the risk of bein stuck on the animals throat:P)

small animals...may be eaten but i dont think they woudl do any good...i mean, how many worms woudl you need to eat in order to be the same as a cow?

aliens may have inteligence to spare this lil creatures even if theyr good for eatin...

they spared the lil rats on colony.....

anyway, if a alien homeworld appears i must be giger designing it!

and no, pred wouldnt survive in an aliens homeplanet....

if jokeys created the aliens..then that thing someoen said about lab cretaures tryn to survive ist the best thing and tehy wont have an homeplanet at all...unless u consider the planet tey were created in...syposing it wasnt in a ship...(i personally dont like this idea of jokeys creating aliens...))

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 12, 2007, 04:48:10 PM
I want to see some of this weird stuff in there:

Yeah it needs to have stuff like that which is more organic.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Firstly, yes. You'll find a lot of pictures like that if you go looking for Giger's stuff. Just avoid the 'penis forest' painting and you should be fine. If not, don't say I didn't warn you about it. :)

Secondly, Rex would be hugger-bait. They could be swallowed whole and implant, wait for the things to sleep and hug or simply burn through the neck and do it. They're tenacious.

The same applies to Predators. Even if a precious few could survive, they can't stay awake forever and most would not be strong enough. How are a bunch of 'Cave Predators' going to survive simple tactics, like a facehugger swarm, in any case?

Heck, if this Predalien is anything to go by, all it would take is one of them to go the obvious way, even if they could beat 'conventional' versions.

The only way they might be able to co-exist on the same world is if geography hememd the Aliens in, but they seem perfectly able to traverse just about any environment. Perhaps even liquid magma, if the lack of damage molten lead did, is anything to go by.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: James OCanis on Sep 12, 2007, 05:11:40 PM
Heh, people keep talking about the alien and predator homeworlds.

It made me think of something...what if the homeworld of both species is one and the same?

can't be the case. Predators live in hot, humid jungle type regions which a lot of sunlight hits the planet. Aliens surely come from a planet where there is virtually no sunlight reaching it, hence no need for eyes. And most likely live underground and make the natural caverns into hives.

nukem11

nukem11

I found it interesting that the predator had face huggers on his ship so he must have gone to their planet and caught them. So we might get to finally see the alien home wold, that was the reason for this thread.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I always thought that the Alien species was made. Not an organic species, but one that was developed by someone or some thing. Furthermore, any world that housed these Aliens would have to be barren and devoid of life, sound familiar. cough... ALIENS ... cough. It would be the only place you could safely store the eggs, they do have that nasty habit of rampancy.

Just a thought...

Krusher

Krusher

One thing that I have always wondered; without spaceships and such technologies how do aliens colonize other planets. Every story in books, comics, or games have some moron reproducing them or transporting them, but with out other races how do aliens colonize other worlds.

The only thing I can think of is like starship troopers or in warhammer 40k(orks) can hurl their spore into space and have it collide with a planet and thus spreading the population. I'm not saying I beleive this, but hey who knows.

Wasn't there a old game on the internet that had you read alien situations and choose where you went next like one of those "turn to this page to see what happend to you" books and I'm pretty sure it had a screen shot of the alien homeworld, idk i'll look.

Krusher

Krusher

Found it already wow that was quick
http://www.angelfire.com/al/metalalien/

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

i bet i'd be simlar to LV-426

Tun

Tun

I always prefered the idea that the space jockey race created them as a bio weapon. Seeing as the xenos fit with their ship and they're described as 'perfect'. So personally, i'd hope any 'home' world we would get to see would just be one they had been put on at some point.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I always felt LV-426 was the homeworld, but that first pic looks good for a Space Jockey homeworld. As for the other pics...the first one looks like a vaginal secretion of biomechanical doo-hickeys and the last one looks like a dwarf man who has a penis in the shape of an Alien head that's both trying to kiss the guy in front and impale him with its pointed breasts while a tube is going up its back door (maybe the creature it's trying to kiss...God knows I don't want to hear the specifics behind Giger's night terrors).

Vader the White

Vader the White

You think they would sacerfice their own? I doubt it. Like what it said about the jockeys in Orignal Sin, not wanting any more of their own dying.

Quote from: Danger Close on Sep 12, 2007, 10:11:12 PM
I always thought that the Alien species was made. Not an organic species, but one that was developed by someone or some thing. Furthermore, any world that housed these Aliens would have to be barren and devoid of life, sound familiar. cough... ALIENS ... cough. It would be the only place you could safely store the eggs, they do have that nasty habit of rampancy.

Just a thought...
I agree. I always thought that they were created, not naturaly made.

oh,The Chibi Kiriyama, remember what Ripley said in Aliens, "It was not from there."

Danger Close

Danger Close

LV-426 is not a homeworld. But it is a good refridgerator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed