Alien fanboys, stop being babies

Started by ScarPredator16, Aug 28, 2007, 03:51:10 PM

Author
Alien fanboys, stop being babies (Read 18,867 times)

ScarPredator16

All of you alien fans that are complaining about the aliens in AVP-R need to chill out. A predator holds up 2 aliens on both sides, boo freakin hoo.

you all are forgetting what makes the aliens scary in the first place. Since Aliens, its been all about numbers. You kill 1 alien, 2 more take its place. you kill 10 aliens, 20 are standing behind you. So stop getting all up tight when you see 1 predator take down 2 aliens, because 4 more might be right behind him.

Also, you all are forgetting the plot of the film. While "aliens vs. Predator" is the theme, and will be the source of the action, it isn't the plot.  The plot of AVP-R is this: A predator ship filled with facehuggers crashes, a town becomes infected with aliens. A lone predator is sent to kill all of the aliens before they spread further into the world, and he must beat the clock before the government decides to nuke the town. Meanwhile, remaining humans try to escape 3 forms of danger, town bombing, aliens, predator.

Its not about aliens fighting predators. its about a lone predator trying to stop the aliens from spreading before the world is over run by them. Obviously Alien blood will be shed. I doubt this will be a cake walk for our main predator ether.

and the truth is, aliens are just more expendable. You could kill 1 alien, and have 3 more pop up, that look exactly like the one that was just killed. So frankly, I want to see some alien blood get shed, because it obviously wont hurt the plot if numerous aliens die. I mean were talking about a small town. So thats like, what, 50 to 100 aliens?

And aliens won AVP, so why can't predators have this one?

Spaghetti

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Aug 28, 2007, 03:51:10 PM
All of you alien fans that are complaining about the aliens in AVP-R need to chill out. A predator holds up 2 aliens on both sides, boo freakin hoo.

you all are forgetting what makes the aliens scary in the first place. Since Aliens, its been all about numbers. You kill 1 alien, 2 more take its place. you kill 10 aliens, 20 are standing behind you. So stop getting all up tight when you see 1 predator take down 2 aliens, because 4 more might be right behind him.

Also, you all are forgetting the plot of the film. While "aliens vs. Predator" is the theme, and will be the source of the action, it isn't the plot.  The plot of AVP-R is this: A predator ship filled with facehuggers crashes, a town becomes infected with aliens. A lone predator is sent to kill all of the aliens before they spread further into the world, and he must beat the clock before the government decides to nuke the town. Meanwhile, remaining humans try to escape 3 forms of danger, town bombing, aliens, predator.

Its not about aliens fighting predators. its about a lone predator trying to stop the aliens from spreading before the world is over run by them. Obviously Alien blood will be shed. I doubt this will be a cake walk for our main predator ether.

and the truth is, aliens are just more expendable. You could kill 1 alien, and have 3 more pop up, that look exactly like the one that was just killed. So frankly, I want to see some alien blood get shed, because it obviously wont hurt the plot if numerous aliens die. I mean were talking about a small town. So thats like, what, 50 to 100 aliens?

Maybe if you had something to say that I havent heard before i would care.

Wait...your not from IMDB too are you?!

Irritator

Irritator

Quoteyou all are forgetting what makes the aliens scary in the first place. Since Aliens, its been all about numbers.

No, it's you who forgets why they're scary. Before Aliens there was this movie... how was it called? Alien I think. There was one Alien there and it was ten times as scary as the drones in the sequel.

Why should Aliens be the one true and only template of how the Aliens should behaved and be treated onscreen? Many Alien fans criticise the movie for allowing to intepret the Aliens as a hive-minded swarm of overgrown ants. And that intepretation sticks to them amazingly well, for some reason. You should know it's not the only one around there and it isn't accepted by everyone.

QuoteAnd aliens won AVP, so why can't predators have this one?

Aliens won? What the hell are you talking about? Both species lost miserably. Anderson mate them both look and act like shit.

Besides, it's NOT ABOUT WHICH SIDE WINS. It's about an accurate portrayal of both species. You don;t understand that the Alien fans DON'T WONT THE ALIENS TO WIN. You're so fixed on the "who's going to get pwnd" philosophy that you overlook what are we really angry about. We just want the Aliens to be treated with deserving respect, to show them as killing machines, not only dangerous for unarmed humans, but real nightmares that are a challenge even for an experienced Pred. From my viewpoint, a Predator can shurely kill many Aliens, if he manages to shoot them from a distance, but a close quarters melle fight shouldn't be that easy.

And holding two aliens at the same time with them doing nothing but squeaking and wiggling around is NOR ACCURATE PORTRAYAL nor A CHALLENGE. It jsut makes both creatures look ridiculous: the Aliens for acting like stupid weaklings and the Predator for fighting such stupid weaklings.

Noir-Gojira

Oh yeah, this thread is REALLY going to make them stop.  Anyone mind merging this with the 'Bitch about Strause' thread that's already been started?

Wrong_Gear

Wrong_Gear

Aliens are only scaring by their numbers?

That's exactly what the Predator fanboys think.

Sincerely, to the OP: pal see again the Alien movies then stop saing nonsense.

And are you forgetting that 1 Alien killed two Preds in AvP1?

One Alien is even stronger than a Predator.

Preds need their weapons to cause damage.

Irritator

QuoteAnd are you forgetting that 1 Alien killed two Preds in AvP1?

Please, stop that bullshit. It's just reverse fanboyism and you're more hurting the cause then aiding it.

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Quote from: Spaghetti on Aug 28, 2007, 03:55:32 PM
Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Aug 28, 2007, 03:51:10 PM

Wait...your not from IMDB too are you?!

Excuse me for voicing my opinion.  :'(

If you don't want to discuss it, then don't reply.  ::)

and about IMDB, I actually came on this board because people here seem smarter, and more respectful. Plus the same arguments don't keep getting thrown around.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Wrong_Gear on Aug 28, 2007, 04:01:15 PM

Nothing but a whining bitch post Im lookin at here. So much bullshit in this post too. Very interesting.

PS. Whats with all the IMDB members now. :o

Wrong_Gear

Wrong_Gear

Quote from: Predboy on Aug 28, 2007, 04:05:19 PM
Quote from: Wrong_Gear on Aug 28, 2007, 04:01:15 PM

Nothing but a whining bitch post Im lookin at here. So much bullshit in this post too. Very interesting.

PS. Whats with all the IMDB members now. :o

Listen idiot, did I lie?

Because it did happen in AvP1. And if AvP2 is canon (wich isn't) then by this logic AvP1 also is.

And yes, an Alien can be even stronger than a Predator, watch again Alien1.

You are just a Pred fanatic.

Predboy

Predboy

Horhey

Horhey

I dont understand why so many Alien fans are pissed about the trailer when its obvious the Predalien gives Wolf a hard time.

Vader the White

Will all of you shut up! Both sides are acting like babies. It looks like both creatures will get the respect they need from what I've seen. I've haven't seen the Aliens being this awesome since A3! And Wolf just makes Scar look more like what he is, vomit brought to life. So just stop complaining about Wolf holding 2 Aliens.

ScarPredator16

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Aug 28, 2007, 04:16:57 PM
Will all of you shut up! Both sides are acting like babies. It looks like both creatures will get the respect they need from what I've seen. I've haven't seen the Aliens being this awesome since A3! And Wolf just makes Scar look more like what he is, vomit brought to life. So just stop complaining about Wolf holding 2 Aliens.

agreed

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Aug 28, 2007, 04:16:57 PM
And Wolf just makes Scar look more like what he is, vomit brought to life. So just stop complaining about Wolf holding 2 Aliens.

AHAHAHAHA :D but your so right ;)

Meathead320

Some people get really pissed because a Pred is holding two Aliens at once. People need to Chill.

If they make a movie by formula, trying to make everything Equal, 1 Pred = tough level of 1 Alien etc...The movie would suck.

LOL

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed