Alien Head Bite

Started by slipknotpredator, Jul 24, 2007, 06:33:17 PM

Author
Alien Head Bite (Read 4,042 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: superunknown on Jul 25, 2007, 09:01:05 PM
AvP had none of that, so the least they could have done was put some R-rated violence in it.
Yet people, now, seem more concerned about getting their uncensored headbites and gore shots than a well-written script.

echobbase79

echobbase79

AvP didn't have a well written script.

And all he's saying is that the extra gore would've made it at least tolerable. I don't think he's saying he's wanting gore for gore's sake.

echobbase79

echobbase79

But you're right a well written script should always come first.

superunknown

superunknown

Quote from: SiL on Jul 25, 2007, 09:03:53 PM
Quote from: superunknown on Jul 25, 2007, 09:01:05 PM
AvP had none of that, so the least they could have done was put some R-rated violence in it.
Yet people, now, seem more concerned about getting their uncensored headbites and gore shots than a well-written script.

Probably because they're certain the script sucks, like AvP's, and want the violence from the original films so it isn't a total loss.

SiL

SiL

Just adding gore to the movie really wasn't going to make it better or tolerable, unless some blood smeared on the screen in the first three seconds and stayed there the whole movie. This movie needs a good script and tact, not mindless violence because of some misinformed perception of the existing films.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Jul 25, 2007, 08:54:16 PM
I like how everyone complains about no human headbites in AvP, but not the fact there are no headbites, period, in Aliens :P

Potentially Ferro, plus the colonist died in a fairly grotesque way.

You're right, though. It's like when people complain about the number of teeth the Predator had recently been shown with, when the heads looked completely different, between 'Predator' and 'Predator 2'.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 26, 2007, 12:52:57 AM
when the heads looked completely different, between 'Predator' and 'Predator 2'.

Different, yet consistant.  I doubt as many would have complained about AvP's extra teeth if it weren't for the Preds just looking like shit in general.  If Scar's face had actually looked any good, it'd be easier to forgive the changes.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

No, they still would have bitched like undersexed monkeys because fans will be fans.  The general public never cared about the design variations in AVP-- the Preds looked like Preds and the Aliens like Aliens.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 26, 2007, 12:52:57 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 25, 2007, 08:54:16 PM
I like how everyone complains about no human headbites in AvP, but not the fact there are no headbites, period, in Aliens :P

Potentially Ferro, plus the colonist died in a fairly grotesque way.

You're right, though. It's like when people complain about the number of teeth the Predator had recently been shown with, when the heads looked completely different, between 'Predator' and 'Predator 2'.

I guess SiL was saying that no headbites got shown onscreen, like the Brett, Parker, Clemens, etc...

Also, there are never perfect movies...Rven Aliens, for me, had very poor spaceship visual effects as well as Alien 3, but those were experimental times, especially Alien 3 in the advent of CGI...

No movie is perfect, no movie survives a closer scrutiny... They are written and filmed sometimes in a chaotic way, with the long hours of the editing process, and many times movies are changed at the last hour, leaving some hicccups...I remember the memorable 'I will break him' of the Witch King after Gothmog's question 'What about the Wizzard...?'... This line from the Witch King never had sequence in the theatrical cut, only in the extended version...

So, even the awarded ones are not without imperfections or mistakes... And RTOK won the best editing Oscar so that tells you a lot about the Oscars of late, now don't they...?  ;D :D

Anyway, back on topic, I agree that Aliens had very little gore by comparison with the other Alien movies, and nevertheless is regarded as the best of the entire series, so that is proof that the story is the most important element, not the gore or the maimings...

We already know, after 5 movies, how vicious the Aliens can be, so we don't need to be reminded over and over again...

And many headbites as preconised by Colin is not the way to go in my book... It won't gain new supporters given the too much graphical content, nor will it please most longlife hardcore fans who KNOW that the ALien movies is not about blood and guts, but about the story and the memorable characters...

Just count how many times we see Aliens onscreen in Aliens comparing with the humans and you will see that the most important factor in the Alien movies was the buildup of the tension, not watching Aliens graphically impaling Lambert or lingering to see Parker's brains splattered on the walls... ::) :o

So I fully agree with SiL on this one... Gore and multiple headbites in one movie is not the way
to go if they want to revive, inject new blood into a dying series...  ::) ;)

Tangent

Tangent

i think there's reason so many people are excited, and i include myself, by the prospects of alien and predator brutality. as you say, both Alien and Predator, and shit, probably even AvP, are dying or aging franchises. as most fans of both creatures' films, games, etc. would likely agree, you really can't top the early movies. Alien, Aliens, and Predator especially - those are great films to go back to over and over. i think that those movies were products of their time, to an extent, and hoping for something of the same strain at this point is a little too hopeful (for me, anyways).

the way i see it, we all love these creatures - what they do, what they suggest. we've already seen them in storylined movies. personally, in a VERSUS franchise, i just want to see some ass-kicking. i went into AvP with pretty low expectations, i just wanted to have some fun watching two of the coolest sci-fi creatures battling it out.

unfortunately... well, AvP had its moments, but on the whole it wasn't the badass explosion of horror and action alot of fans seemed to be expecting. the promise this sequel/follow up holds, with the Strause bros. hinting at some real carnage, is finally having a movie where we get to see just how mean the Aliens and Preds can be when they want to be.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 26, 2007, 03:54:40 AM
Different, yet consistant.

The heads looked almost totally different, although an improvement.

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jul 26, 2007, 05:22:11 PM
Also, there are never perfect movies...Rven Aliens, for me, had very poor spaceship visual effects as well as Alien 3, but those were experimental times, especially Alien 3 in the advent of CGI...

The only CGI 'Alien 3' had was in the cracking dome, apparently. :)

Romantic Alien

Romantic Alien

why does everyone want head bites so bad? I can't imagine a good head bite because I always think of the blood just splashing everywhere looking like red juice. I don't know about this... Just think about it.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 26, 2007, 08:08:22 PM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 26, 2007, 03:54:40 AM
Different, yet consistant.

The heads looked almost totally different, although an improvement.

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jul 26, 2007, 05:22:11 PM

The only CGI 'Alien 3' had was in the cracking dome, apparently. :)

According to Richard Edlund, the VFX supervisor, the CGI in ALien3 was the cracking dome and some added shadows to the Alien on the ceiling...

Quote from: Romantic Alien on Jul 27, 2007, 08:02:11 AM
why does everyone want head bites so bad? I can't imagine a good head bite because I always think of the blood just splashing everywhere looking like red juice. I don't know about this... Just think about it.

I agree with you... And the more they show, the more fake it looks...  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed