Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread

Started by LarsVader, Jun 14, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

Author
Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread (Read 219,569 times)

ikarop

LarsVader

Virgil

Great interview with costume Designer Janty Yates.

http://clothesonfilm.com/prometheus-exclusive-interview-with-costume-designer-janty-yates/25959/

QuoteWell, it is a prequel, but Nostromo (the spacecraft featured in Alien) was a space tank. It was a functional space tank, and they were functional engineers, so that was a functional space suit. Basically, it was issued with the spacecraft; it was literally intended to be used to maintain space stations and vehicles. But this spaceship for Prometheus was custom-built by Weyland Industries, so the spacesuits were custom-built with it. The idea that we went with was all of your body functions would be integral to the suit.

LarsVader

Vickers

Quote from: LarsVader on Sep 06, 2012, 09:11:04 AM

In case anybody is wondering, that's David Levy's work.

ikarop

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Pretty.

Nightmare Asylum

Just saw that on Facebook. Very interesting image...

Vickers

Look at the ship at about a 45 degree angle.  It's a jockey!!!  Well, kind of. :P

Zenzucht

It looks like some symbol..

Jenga

I have been looking high and low for better Trilobite burster reference. When I was at my wits end I just decided to check in with AVP galaxy and here was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!!!!

tinytoonlolaliens

eeerrmm....

I always wondered why the Jockey's suit and Giger's alien body are almost..., identical?, lol, did they engineer their own suits to gain life at some point or something?

Also, to have discovered that the chair was not used to create the aliens and to produce eggs but only to pilot the ship has been a little bit..., dissapointing. But well, I supposed Giger's twisted (and superior to anything seen in Prometheus) vision of the things and original concept of everything related to "Alien" was too much for these retards behind Prometheus to handle, or even, to fully understand and then portray to a movie.

What a dissapointment of a movie, seriously. And in the end when they leave the planet onboard another Derelict ship..., rofltrololol to that

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: tinytoonlolaliens on Sep 07, 2012, 08:25:19 AM
eeerrmm....

I always wondered why the Jockey's suit and Giger's alien body are almost..., identical?, lol, did they engineer their own suits to gain life at some point or something?

Also, to have discovered that the chair was not used to create the aliens and to produce eggs but only to pilot the ship has been a little bit..., dissapointing. But well, I supposed Giger's twisted (and superior to anything seen in Prometheus) vision of the things and original concept of everything related to "Alien" was too much for these retards behind Prometheus to handle, or even, to fully understand and then portray to a movie.

What a dissapointment of a movie, seriously. And in the end when they leave the planet onboard another Derelict ship..., rofltrololol to that
the SJ chair creating eggs?

tinytoonlolaliens

tinytoonlolaliens

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 07, 2012, 04:23:13 PMThe SJ chair creating eggs?
The derelict ship primarily, producing eggs is what I mean, like Giger implied once upon a time. I said the chair because I can't think on any other device aboard that might produce them somehow.

Please note that I'm talking only about the old derelict ship when I suggest that, not this new juggernaut thing, with Its chair next to a console, Its statues at the entrance, cryosleep chambers, the digital tech being now surprisingly present in their tech (when Jockeys were supposed to have transcended the digital era and being immersed in some sort of ultra-advanced combination of tech and flesh)., etc  :D

LarsVader

Making the Med Pod for Ridley Scott's Prometheus:
http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/13421
Thanks to Seeasea!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed