Alien Identity - Alien Fan Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 14, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Author
Alien Identity - Alien Fan Film (Read 44,541 times)

markweatherill

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2015, 01:35:35 PM
"It has been pretty much accepted as canon, that the last two films of the series are considered cryo-sleep nightmares."

Ummm...

Indeed! They need to define who it is that pretty much accepts it as canon. Themselves?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: markweatherill on May 18, 2015, 01:06:45 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2015, 01:35:35 PM
"It has been pretty much accepted as canon, that the last two films of the series are considered cryo-sleep nightmares."

Ummm...

Indeed! They need to define who it is that pretty much accepts it as canon. Themselves?

They could have worded that better but it wouldn't be a stretch to say many fans dislike Newt and Hicks' death.

Yan

Yan

Predator - Dark Ages was barely successfully funded on Kickstarter, ultimately it funded a trailer ? not this 30 minutes film , 5,000 for trailer 10,000 short 8 minute film 20,000 30 minute film , through I'm sure it will be good , However the teaser trailer on kickstarter was very bad , looked very cheap and showed nothing , if something else was better put together i'm sure it could of passed the 20,000 mark. True that

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The KS wasn't too successful no but they got some of the funding and managed their minimum. However, they have done a 30 minute long film. Check out their thread for Darkness' feedback. It's quite good apparently!

Couple of new Identity posts:

"We have been getting a lot of curious people messaging us and asking, "what Alien are you going to be using?"
We are happy to say that our Tribute Feature Film, ALIEN IDENTITY, will be very H.R. Giger inspired."

"Director/Writer Adam Sonnet is working with Gale Benning on Pre-Visual FX, set design, schematics, plus the look and feel of the film from textures to the semiotic standard of the Alien Universe. "

New picture shared today:

QuoteOur production designer wanted to share an update for the title sequence fragmentation and floor plans he sketched up that he's modeling after ALIEN. News on the featured star ship will be announced soon as well as other details.

Corporal Hicks

New update:

QuoteMeet our SFX Makeup & Concept Designer: BRIAN SIPE
We've had the pleasure of working with Brian on multiple projects. He's a very talented makeup FX artist and we're glad he's on board our Alien Tribute. If you want to see Brian's work then go see Terminator Genisys which is scheduled to release July 1st. He did Arnold Schwarzenegger's makeup and the makeup for Kyle Reese and John Connor.
Brian is currently in Montreal working on X-Men: Apocalypse, doing Jennifer Lawrence's makeup as Mystique.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

QuoteBrian is currently in Montreal working on X-Men: Apocalypse, doing Jennifer Lawrence's makeup as Mystique.

Lucky. Bastard.

:P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:P Hehe. I know, right?

Update from their Facebook page:

QuoteAt this time we are working really hard to put together the best fan film for you all. The script is getting tight and our team is being rounded out. We have some exciting news for all of you, and as a "THANK YOU" to all of our Newsletter follows, we will have a little gift for you. So sign-up while you can so you can have a little gift too! Deadline to sign-up for the Newsletter "Welcome Gift" is June 24th. www.ALIENIDENTITY.com

QuoteRebecca knows she's not the only lifesign onboard.

They released another update over the weekend - Neville Page is joining them as Creature Concept Consultant. He's done a lot of concept design over the recent years - including Prometheus.

Corporal Hicks

Another update -

QuoteFirst draft finished! So far 152 pages. ‪#‎Alien‬ ‪#‎Aliens‬ ‪#‎AlienIdentity‬ ‪#‎NewtLives‬

Burn the Floor

How will it be paid for? Crowdfunding or independent?

Corporal Hicks

Crowd-funding. More information about the campaign should be coming out soon.

Corporal Hicks

Really exciting casting news!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/06/29/ricco-ross-and-carrie-henn-return-to-aliens-in-alien-identity/

QuoteBack in May we posted news of Alien Identity, an upcoming Alien fan film by Sonnet Realm Films. Since that announcement news has been trickling down from their Facebook page (including news that professionals such as Neville Page and Brian Spie would be involved with the film). They have just announced that Aliens actors Ricco Ross and Carrie Henn would be returning to star in Alien Identity:

"Sonnet Realm Films Announces Actors Ricco Ross and Carrie Henn to Return to the Aliens Universe in the Tribute FilmALIEN IDENTITY.

Sonnet Realm Films is excited to announce that Ricco Ross (Aliens) will be joining the cast of ALIEN IDENTITY as Richard Frost, the brother of Pvt. Robert Frost, and will also be coming on board as a producer for the film.

"When I heard of the story I thought, 'why hasn't someone thought of this sooner?' Great idea and it makes sense that the concept would come from a fan and not Hollywood Execs. Very happy to be a part of this exciting project and to get the cast on screen together again. Aliens fans, buckle up, you're in for a hell of a ride. Stay frosty." – Ricco Ross

As a surprise to the fan community, we're happy to announce Carrie Henn (Young Newt from Aliens) is confirmed to make an appearance in ALIEN IDENTITY as Anne Jorden, young Newt's mother in a flashback. This will be Henn's first film in nearly 30 years since Aliens (1986).

"I am looking forward to working on Aliens from a different perspective. I can't wait to hear what all the fans think!" – Carrie Henn

Elle Viane Sonnet stars as Rebecca "Newt" Jorden, 14 years after the events of Aliens.

"Ricco's and Carrie's contributions to this tribute film are very exciting for us all. They are both amazing people and we're thrilled to work with them. I am also really excited to play Newt, she's a strong character with a complicated past. There's a lot to explore there." – Elle Viane Sonnet"

This is quite exciting because Carrie Henn quit acting following her role as Newt in Aliens and will make her return to the world of acting. Ricco Ross has been quite active since his time as Frost in Aliens and maintains an active presence on Facebook.

Alien Identity will be a crowd-funded project and will be launching their Kickstarter campaign over the coming months. You can follow them on Facebook to keep an eye on the project.

http://www.sonnetrealmfilms.com/apps/blog/show/43401628-aliens-actors-ricco-ross-and-carrie-henn-return-in-sonnet-realm-films-new-alien-tribute-film-alien-identity-

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Sounds promising.  I look forward to seeing this.  It's especially cool to have Carrie Henn playing Newt's mother.

Corporal Hicks

It's Henn returning to Aliens and acting that I really like about this announcement. :) that and Ross rocks too.

Axe

Axe

I can see Fox blocking the fan film already. I think they will not allow to use that characters with especially the same actors....do you think it can be legally done?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

@Axe - It's down to Fox as far as the use of the license goes but I severely doubt that they'd ever block it. 

After all, they allowed 'Predator: Dark Ages' to be funded using 'Kickstarter' and as for the actors, it's not really Fox's prerogative to dictate what work an actor can or can't do.  I suppose that they could stop the film through a copyright claim out of resentment for Carrie Henn and Ricco Ross appearing in it.  Not that I see any reason whatsoever that they would hold a grudge for such a thing (no disrespect intended towards the two actors but their hardly Sigourney Weaver).  Besides, Fox were perfectly happy to allow a fan film featuring Trevor Steedman ('Aliens') to go ahead in the past ('Aliens: Epilogue').

As long as a fan funded film is not making a profit from sales, then I see absolutely no reason why Fox's legal department's feathers should be even slightly ruffled.  Based on their track record of passive neutrality towards such things in the past, I'd say; there's nothing to be concerned about.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed