AvP Teaser Scene Descriptions

Started by Darkness, Mar 14, 2004, 10:07:29 PM

Author
AvP Teaser Scene Descriptions (Read 23,998 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I’ve noticed there’s some confusion of what’s actually happening in some of the scenes in the AvP teaser trailer so I’ve written an article on specific scenes.

Notice here that there’s seven bodies on platforms (and probably an eighth behind the camera) all placed in a circle around a symbol in the floor in the “Sacrificial Chamber”. I noticed that the two bodies nearest the left have (a facehugger?) wrapped around their head and the victims’ skulls look oddly shaped as well. At the end of each platform where a skeleton lays, there’s a circular placeholder (perhaps for an Egg?).

Notice here that there’s seven bodies on platforms (and probably an eighth behind the camera) all placed in a circle around a symbol in the floor in the “Sacrificial Chamber”. I noticed that the two bodies nearest the left have (a facehugger?) wrapped around their head and the victims’ skulls look oddly shaped as well. At the end of each platform where a skeleton lays, there’s a circular placeholder (perhaps for an Egg?).

Teaser Scene Descriptions

Here's what the symbol looks like and you'll remember this looks a lot like the Queen Chestburster on the Alien 3 poster. This symbol was most likely crafted by the Predators.

These two figures at the left and right look more like statues (of Predators?) because they are just seated. A lot of people have commented on the green ray of light shooting out of the tunnel ahead. Watching the scene back, it looks more like a ray of light from one of the archaeologist's torches. I doubt it's Predator-related. Here's a comment from Joblo's Set Report:

Large menacing statues of the predators are seen kneeling before a large staircase, spears in hand, at the far end of the chamber.

Look towards the end of the shaft and you'll spot a shadowy figure moving about. Obviously looks more bulky so it's more likely to be a Predator roaming about than a human being. As Savage pointed out in a comment below, there is also a shadow of someone hung from the ceiling right next to the predator shadow.

Here's the entrance to the central hive area and you can make out the Alien eggs covered in the blue lighting up ahead.

Here's, Miller, the chemical engineer who's discovered one of the Alien eggs. What's excellent about this shot is that the torch shines through the egg to reveal a moving Facehugger inside – a reference made to Alien.

In this shot, a Predator is standing on the steps in the “Staircase Chamber” and you'll also remember that the first production still for AvP was taken at the bottom of these steps. Eagle-eyed viewers will have also spotted the sculpture of a predator’s head in the wall at the top of the screenshot.

Here we have a few of the archaeologists at the edge of the egg chamber (in a net or a cocoon?) with many Facehuggers emerging from their eggs. Also note the piece of human equipment in the bottom-left corner of the shot which means either one of them has been to this area before or there's someone else behind the camera's view or they all passed through this area before and the eggs have been laid since.

Here's the new predator mask revealed. This probably means that this is the “Lead” Predator and the mask gives it an important status since the other Predators seen in the teaser have normal masks.

This is the point where the group gets separated from each other. The person behind the falling wall/door is the security team member, Adele Rousseau.

Here's Adele Rousseau in the blurred background watching as a facehugger slowly crawls out of an egg brilliantly created by the effects crew.

Another security team member is about to meet his maker, so to speak. In the blurred background, you can clearly see the Alien behind him but also note the yellow blood on its head. This Alien is obviously identified as the “Grid Alien” because previously, it was perhaps caught in a Predator's net and escaped with the scarring on its head.

Here's three of the team members running towards the steps ahead. It looks as if the middle person is injured and is being helped to run by the other two people. I can't tell who they are for sure but the one on the right looks like Lex and the one being helped to be carried could be Weyland.

Scene Added: I missed this scene first time around. Notice on the right, there’s a Predator standing behind her. This is the where Lex and the Predator team up together which has already been mentioned in set reports. Look at the expression on Lex’s face. Could she be shooting one of her own team members? My guess is that one of them is about to release a Chestburster and she shoots him.

Here's another Predator with a similar mask to the previous predator but the area around the eyes looks different to me. Could it be the same predator as before or a different one but the most noticeable thing is his wrist blades that extend. This Predator is commonly referred to as the "Chopper Predator". Here's a quote from John Bruno (S/FX):

“We have to make the blades there are bigger blades this time so we have to have them pop out in CG.”

This shot has returned to the “Staircase Chamber” with two people on the steps. One is either dead or unconscious and the other is standing over them unaware they are being watched by two aliens, a reference made to Alien Resurrection.

Here's Lex, Weyland and another security team member looking at (a Predator?). Lex is about to through a spear of some kind at it. When it flicks to a closer shot of Charles Weyland, you can make out a body in the netting (between Lex and Charles Weyland below), Could the net be from a Predator Netgun or is it man-made roping? Anyway when Lex throws the spear, in the next frame it looks as if the Predator catches it.

Here's a Predator fighting with an Alien and the scratches on the predator's mask has obviously been caused by an encounter with an Alien and this Predator is referred to as the “Scar Predator”.

This screen has been debated to whether the figure jumping across the gap is a Predator or a team member. From first glance, it looks like a human but could he really jump that far to the other side? On another note, if you look at the frames slowly, you might see movement of someone following him – possibly a predator. Thanks to Rusty Nails for pointing this out.

This is one of the final shots in the teaser trailer and shows an explosion at the whaling station. How the explosion was caused is unknown but here's a quote from John Bruno:

“There’s this great shot with somewhat of an explosion near the end. So, basically in this chase sequence, there’s an explosion … but the Predator just stands there and looks at the explosion as it flies by him.”

This seems to be the most confusing shot for people and has been debated in many forums. Firstly, it shows something grabbing an alien. A lot of people thought that this was a PredAlien grabbing the alien but you can clearly see the armour on the Predator's arm. The next confusing point is whether the Predator is grabbing an Alien Drone/Warrior or a Queen. It doesn't look like a Drone because of the shape of the mouth and teeth and there's no way a Predator could take down a Queen without any weaponry. He'd have a hard enough time with a standard alien which leads me to believe this is an advanced Warrior Alien.

Anyway, that’s my report. I maybe wrong on some of the points and I’m not sure about the locations such as the Staircase Chamber etc. These chambers were listed in Part 1 of JoBlo’s set report so I’m just guessing at which is which. Everybody’s going to have different theories on the teaser trailer and I’ve made a lot of presumptions based on the knowledge I know.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Very nice, good job. Though: "Here

Darkness

Darkness

I don\'t know. The close-up of the predator with the new mask and the one with the long wristblades look like they have different masks to me. I could be wrong because his wristblades are covering up a part of his mask.

k

k

;D  yo thanks for clearing that up darkness zombie squad lets b real your just human dont make me laugh that hard again u r a funny guy also will there b a nweborn in this or any alien films 2 come long live k and z

k

k

:)  newborn alien is what i ment 2 say sorry long live k and z and also real pred we r forever

Darkness

Darkness

Are you serious K? Not even Paul Anderson would introduce the most-hated creature in the Alien franchise into AvP - the Newborn Alien. However, it\'s looking likely a PredAlien will make an appearance.

k

k

8)  hey darkness i asked that question because i herd it from somewhere also i herd that da queen in the movie is in fact a predalien queen  i think its a whole load of crap but people have their own belives some 1 holla at me long live k and z  long live k and z

cookie

cookie

that thing in the center of those skeletons is the well they go down into with the alien eggs.  And of course the alien queen is down there.  The predators made that well and all, and those skeletons are the predators that got killed by the alien queen.

Darkness

Darkness

Is that just a guess or...? The skeletons don\'t look like predators. They look more human.  And as for the rubbish that was reported on PlanetAvP about a Space Jockey and a PredQueen appearing in AvP, it\'s not true at all. There\'s too many complicated points to get from a Facehugger to a PredQueen and Paul Anderson won\'t touch on that. The furthest it will go is to a PredAlien. And as for the Space Jockey, this sounds so fake. In one of the upcoming toys on Spawn.com, a toy is called \"Space Alien\" so people have jumped to the wrong conclusion. I think it\'s just another label for one of the aliens.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

You know that shot when that human is jumping across the destroyed bridge? It appears to be someone following him/her if you look closely at that edge behind him. There's some movement there.. Hmm.  Oh, and that pred mask thing I said before, they do look pretty much the same to me in fullscreen slo-mo, but still yeah I agree that some things are different, like between their eyes it looks a bit different.. Hmm.  Ha, PredAlien Queen? F**k no.. :P No way. I'm not going to touch this movie if there'll be a Predalien queen, which I highly doubt.  -Rusty Nails

Alex Villalaobos

Alex Villalaobos

;D   that is so cool this movie will be the bomb of the year cant wait AvP Rocks!!!!

vince tetro

vince tetro

Your dumb it would be cool to see the PredAlien Queen thats part of the Alien Biology. The Queen is the final stage of the life cycle it came out of a predator so thar has to be a queen sooner or later the same with the dog Alien there has to be a dog Alien Queen. dumb ass

Darkness

Darkness

In Reply to Rusty Nails: Yeah, someone else commented on that and thought there might be a cloaked Predator lurking somewhere but when I watched it back, it just looks like a team member jumping. In the John Bruno interview, he says:  \"We have [the predator] leaping a 25-foot gap in the Chamber of Gods and while in mid-air he disappears, but the camera still follows him.\"  I don\'t think that\'s the Chamber of Gods and I think the gap on the picture is not 25 foot long.In reply to Vince:No it wouldn\'t be cool to have a PredAlien Queen. Not in the first film at least. The only place where this idea has been introduced is in AvP Extinction. I can tell you right now, people won\'t want a PredAlien Queen.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Hmmm ok..  -Rusty Nails

Demonicus666

Demonicus666

;D     I think it would be neat to see a predalien queen, but only until the sequel.  First they need to introduce the predalien then have it evolve.  What about if they introduced the Empress from AVP 2 Primal Hunt Expcansion pack?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed