Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 136,481 times)

Citadel

Citadel

The xenomorph looks INCREDIBLE in that shot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Tennesse spot.

Proud spot.

Citadel

Citadel

Looking at these, I'm quite confident that Ridley has achieved something I never thought: the alien is actually scary again after so many years of misuse. Bar Isolation, of course.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Merged with existing tv spot thread.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Inner jaw confirmed :)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

It looks gorgeous.

Predaker

Predaker

Saw one of these during the NBA playoffs yesterday. Love the new clip of the alien.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Why is the quality so bad?  ???

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Citadel on Apr 18, 2017, 04:19:21 PM
Looking at these, I'm quite confident that Ridley has achieved something I never thought: the alien is actually scary again after so many years of misuse. Bar Isolation, of course.

i'll be honest.
I loved Isolation.

But the Alien got boring and predictable after a while. Even if at times i didn't see it coming or it suddenly popped up at the wrong moment - for me- and i got 'frightened' for a moment, it got really 'same old' by the end of the game.
And visually, it got a bit boring too. I mean, it looked absolutely great and detailled, but i saw it so many times at certain point, and hiding became so easy at times that it just became a blur. In contrast, the working joes were much more disruptive and at times frightening.

The hive scene lightened it up a bit for me but after that again i was much more focused on getting to my objectives avoiding the working joes and keeping an eye out for the xeno, than being utterly scared at every tense moment whether or not the xeno would pop up and ruin my day.

I really would have preffered the working joes to be rather predictable compared to the xeno.
I think the story and the setting convinced me most about Isolation being a big success.

But i agree that the xeno is scary again.

davo1980

davo1980

Hi all - I made some more creature gifs from these latest clips:

Facehugger scamper:
Spoiler
[close]

Neomorph wrestling:
Spoiler
[close]

Xenomorph:
Spoiler
[close]

Could that xenomorph be Javier Botet in a suit? There's something about the lighting that suggests it could be a practical effect.
What do we think?

Richman678

Richman678

Am I the only one thinking the CGI looks terrible????

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 18, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
Am I the only one thinking the CGI looks terrible????
Probably the only one, I think it looks perfect.

John Doe

John Doe

Me too, i love the Facehugger.

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 18, 2017, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: Citadel on Apr 18, 2017, 04:19:21 PM

But the Alien got boring and predictable after a while. Even if at times i didn't see it coming or it suddenly popped up at the wrong moment - for me- and i got 'frightened' for a moment, it got really 'same old' by the end of the game.
And visually, it got a bit boring too. I mean, it looked absolutely great and detailled, but i saw it so many times at certain point, and hiding became so easy at times that it just became a blur. In contrast, the working joes were much more disruptive and at times frightening.

The working joes had me on edge. Constantly. The franchise really knows how to nail androids and unpredictability.

But yeah, there are moments in Isolation like that, but then you're rewarded with scenes like the derelict exploration. Everything about that was unsettling, and even the last half hour and the reveal/ending was done do well after such a grind through certain areas. I feel a sequel wouldn't work as efficiently unless it shook up a lot of Isolation's formula.

I'm just hoping the "xeno in broad daylight" sequence we're getting in Covenant doesn't undo everything that came before it, ie. what we're seeing in these spots.

D88M

D88M

no new footage of Neomorph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed