Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 145,915 times)

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

In 'take me home' the shot of the room with the record player - where is it? The Covenant Lander is too small to house such a room and there are none of those hexagonal ports visible on the craft. Also the room is too 'homely' for a mere shuttlecraft, it reminds me a bit of Shaw's quarters on the Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Apr 14, 2017, 01:45:24 AM
In 'take me home' the shot of the room with the record player - where is it? The Covenant Lander is too small to house such a room and there are none of those hexagonal ports visible on the craft.

We know this how?

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 10, 2017, 12:14:59 PM
I've been wondering how they're going to handle the derelict pilot, like, he could be some freakish mutant - courtesy of the goo - where suit and body intermeshed; where there'd be no way to separate body and suit tech. So, for all intents and purposes, he would become an elephantine being.

They already handled this in Prometheus. The flight suit fuses with the user's body (in this case, a very large Engineer). After millions of years dead the result looks like we found in Alien.

May not be the explanation someone likes to hear, but it's very clearly what was given.

windebieste

windebieste

It may not even take millions of years.   We may have to accept it possibly takes just a few decades.   

Given the hostile nature of Acheron's climate, anything left in the open won't last long.  Anyone who's parked a car un-garaged will tell you it turns to shit after a few years.  Add LV-426 abrasive weather systems and anything will be degraded - even if it is tucked away inside the derelict. 

The Space Jockey is no doubt a deceased Engineer - that's been established and anyone hoping it's some goofy elephantine ET is out of touch with the way the series is developing.  Aas to how long it's actually been there, well, it may range from a few decades to a few millennia.  The door is still open on the duration.

'ALIEN: Covenant' may have the answer to this question - or maybe the next film will...

-Windebieste.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

AFAIC the Engineer on LV-426 has been there millennia as Scott's always indicated in the past. Just another infected Engineer with his payload, just like what we saw on 223 and likely other satellite worlds. I think that's the angle Prometheus indicated as well. It was plenty for me, I was fine with it.

That being said, Ridley seems keen to change a lot of things starting with AC and I don't have full faith he won't change this soon enough.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Well given that Ridley has a penchant for changing things, and how originally he had not intended to move directly into Alien back when he wanted to tangentially move further away, then I expect some explanation as to why this particular engineer was larger than those we've seen (genetically enhanced, perhaps?) and piloting a much more biomechanically designed juggernaut (older model?), these things won't be glossed over if Ridley intends to come in at the back end, thus how they'll handle it will be interesting. Again, I'm not hoping for an actual elephantine being, just pointing out that if the pilot's suit is completely enmeshed with its body then it became an elephantine looking creature/corpse, not that it was an elephantine being in actuality prior, and this is something they could play with if the suit was affected by the accelerant in some way, it'd be a pretty cool compromise. It could just be how the suits deteriorate, but yeah, there's some room to play around there potentially. Personally I'd prefer if the derelict was very ancient, perhaps we may see more of it; other chambers, etc, but given the climate on 426 then yeah, I could live with it not being ancient.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

In the original Spaihts script the flight suit is more specifically fused. In the final film of Prometheus it's only insinuated visually to the audience, but it's the same principle and that is all that is intended - to reveal this is the same suit the space jockey wore because the space jockey is an Engineer too, and the Engineer is very large in stature and the dead one in Alien has been there rotting/fusing even more for millions of years - i.e., this is how the space jockey looks the way he does. The end.

As for the juggernaut, it is the exact same type of ship as the derelict and the derelict is the exact same type of ship as the juggernaut. The end.

Honestly, you're overthinking very minor changes in overall design between movies made over 30 years apart. This is what it is and this is what it's likely going to stay. It's possible they may or may not change who is in the suit on LV-426 - I doubt that, honestly - but as to how the suit got that way, whether it's the same type of suit as Prometheus, same type of ship, that's not gonna change. Prometheus told people what it was about and hardcore fans on this forum have been pretending slight design tweaks to the look of the ship and the suit make them different ever since. It's not going to happen.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

I agree the differences in design aesthetic between ships are minor and I could very well be overthinking the more biomechanical elements of the derelict's architecture, sure, wishful thinking be damned, as I said it could just be part of an older fleet of ships, and that'd be fine, and perhaps some engineers were just a little larger than others; owing to genetic variance, etc, all fine. It's more that Chris Seagers stated that they're edging into the biomechanical aesthetic as far as the beast is concerned, and I'm just pondering the possibilities as far as how the derelict et al may figure into that.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Nice!

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Thanks Ingwar!! 8)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That's a great spot. And the neomorph looks good.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

It's going from strength to strength, some of the marketing material has been fantastic. The footage looks so so good.

salomonj

salomonj

That was awesome.

That brief shot of the xenomorph is the best one yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing. I'm just on my way home so will post up shortly.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's too bad it's only 720p.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed