Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 141,441 times)

Oblivion

Oblivion

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 10:28:04 AM
Just noticing it, not forming an opinion on the design or anything yet. Before it looked like it had "skin" now it looks like exposed musculature.

https://media.giphy.com/media/k4M3po6DqkRva/giphy.gif

Quote from: AXOR on Apr 04, 2017, 09:35:10 AM
ARE WE ACTUALLY ANALYSING THE WIDTH OF THE ALIEN'S WRIST, OR HOW DEEP IT'S ELBOW GOES....PLEASE. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. I am a huge fan, and much prefer it when the design of the creature stays closer to that of the first two movies, ideally the first one. But really, I mean really picking apart details mentioned by me previously, that's ludicrous.

Well, we do happen to be Alien nerds. Remember Anchorpoint Essays? That was speculation and analysis of the Xenomorph on a molecular level. Shit got deep.

Do you have a link for the anchorpoint essay please? Or pm me. Thanks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://web.archive.org/web/20120423161337/http://www.anchorpointessays.com/

I wish this was still around.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

A pic of Shaw in Hologram and it looks like she is
Spoiler

looking up at possibly screen.. which means she is piloting the juggernaut.
[close]

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 07, 2017, 01:30:30 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Hmm. Now this makes me think it would make a lot of sense if, as some have suggested, Shaw
Spoiler
wakes up to find that David bombed the planet and purposely crashes them so he can't escape and start more trouble elsewhere
[close]

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 07, 2017, 01:30:30 PM
Spoiler

[close]
Shouldn't the one
Spoiler
be seated in the pilot aka Space Jockey chair to fly the ship? She's possibly looking at the Orrery up in the air in front of her. Crudup was also looking up and in the same direction standing next to Shaw's hologram in the TV spot.
[close]

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

that's why she'll simply start up the thing through that seat and map out a course, then get to the space jockey seat where she steps into one of the space jockey suits which are huge but usable, and then sit into the seat where she will get chestbursted leading into lv-426 jockey (which would somehow be awesome but still not cool in retconning the thousand years old fossilization comment, but well). she wanted to go home quickly because of the 'impregnation' of the chestburster host.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

thousand year fossilized comment ?

Dallas just comments it looks fossilized , like it had grown out of the chair .

and in all honesty , he had no clue what he was talking about .

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I think this scene will possibly be the most disturbing part in A:Cov.
a. Shaw could be dead
b. Shaw could have been a victim of Davids experiment
c. From one of the screenshots of the hologram, it looks like she's wearing a mask as her face has no details to be seen,
d. I think i saw an engineer's face slightly in one of the frames where he face should be,hense she could have been brutally mutilated.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 10:28:04 AMJust noticing it, not forming an opinion on the design or anything yet. Before it looked like it had "skin" now it looks like exposed musculature.

https://media.giphy.com/media/k4M3po6DqkRva/giphy.gif

It's a common condition that affects most I. raptus variants prior to 1995: Imperfectum Figmentum.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

I've been wondering how they're going to handle the derelict pilot, like, he could be some freakish mutant - courtesy of the goo - where suit and body intermeshed; where there'd be no way to separate body and suit tech. So, for all intents and purposes, he would become an elephantine being.

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 10, 2017, 11:13:37 AM
I. raptus
? what?

edit:

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 10, 2017, 12:14:59 PM
I've been wondering how they're going to handle the derelict pilot, like, he could be some freakish mutant - courtesy of the goo - where suit and body intermeshed; where there'd be no way to separate body and suit tech. So, for all intents and purposes, he would become an elephantine being.
don't worry they still have the even way more difficult_bordering on the impossible task of explaining how the heck one of the two dwarfs, either shaw or david it doesn't matter managed to sit on a chair designed to three meters tall beings, reach the helmet zone in order to engage the systems and get wrapped in by the SJ suit, all along for then finally be able to taking off.

Note that all sorts of advanced technology DNA checks and what not that should be expected in such piece of unbelievable machinery the derelict-type ships are, built by a totally superior to us species have been left out of the equation, just for being merciful at them writers lol.  Plus of course the "David is so smart that understands how the systems work by only looking at the engineer managing stuff", being given an "ok-ish" attitude, just for the LoLz.

The explanation they will have to come up with will be laughable, one way or another. Can't wait. Popcorn diet awaits

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Maybe their craft is more of an auto, with seat adjustment  :P, but I doubt there's gas peddles at the bottom of the pilot chair, and there's buttons perfectly within reach. David seemed to interact fine with the control board, for instance, just punch in an auto pilot course to paradise and walah. Now, that's awfully convenient, but if there was a scenario where the pilot was injured - or had to travel a long, long way - then he'd punch the autopilot and enter cryo just like on any reasonably advanced craft. As for landing and maneuvering, yeah, don't know, maybe an adjustable seat.   ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 10, 2017, 12:27:31 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 10, 2017, 11:13:37 AM
I. raptus
? what?

Internecivus raptus

Another name for the Alien. From the Quadrilogy iirc.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Yep, the Latin name for the Xenomorph.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

There's also Linguafoeda Acheronsis.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed