Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 146,146 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 11:32:24 PM
It's from the dropship, dude.

Why would a drop ship have a room like that?? With a record player.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 04, 2017, 11:34:25 PM

Because some people (like Faris) spend a lot of time on the ship/lander just chilling out and minding the controls while other people explore the planet's surface. Presumably this would be the same when they touched down on their colony world - a lot of downtime while the colony team does its work.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

Because some people (like Faris) spend a lot of time on the ship/lander just chilling out and minding the controls while other people explore the planet's surface. Presumably this would be the same when they touched down on their colony world - a lot of downtime while the colony team does its work.

You may be right, but I don't know... Hmm.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 04, 2017, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: markweatherill on Apr 04, 2017, 11:46:29 AM
Quote from: zoidy on Apr 04, 2017, 11:04:36 AM
vinyl

...in 2103, apparently. Who do we imagine this bright pink record belongs to?

Why, Tennessee of course.  ;)

QuoteHey, I wonder what format Capt.Dallas' classical music collection was stored on?

According to Alien: Isolation, early 80's style audio-cassette boom boxes.

Nothing wrong with cassettes if it is a good transfer with decent noise reduction and you have a quality tape deck.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

a good point made i must say. the dropship doesn't look that big, but we can be mistaken. obviously, it's bigger than we think as it has a medbay, which isnt particularly small, and there's a hallway/corridor where one of the guys runs away from the medbay. also, aboard, there is some cargo bay of sorts where she shoots at the neomorph and destroys the ship. there's also the cockpit itself, so it's bigger than we assume perhaps. it's not a star-trek shuttle size ship.

i must say that when looking at the hull door opening up and looking at it from outside, it looks much smaller again. it's confusing.

but even then, there's something to look into though. you notice clearly the wheat fields from the window, and the lake ,and some mountain ridge.
if we then look outside of the ship, where it then should be facing, we see no window like that at all.

matter of fact, if we look at both sides of the ship, one is visible on the ground, the other side is visible whilst going through the atmosphere,
and we see not a single window like that anywhere on the ship. also, i find it hard to believe where it would fit.

the ship is going through some rough rides entereing the atmosphere and then landing, so a vinyl album player working flawlessly is odd to start with.
also, it seems they disembark rather quickly after landing. who's quarters would it be, captains? where would the rest reside? but we also see everybody disembarking, so who would stay behind to play the record and overlook the area, and why?

i agree somethings off about it. whether it's continuity error already, or something else entirely, i don't know. it's odd either way.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Dude, you are seriously overthinking a miniscule amount of footage seen from the trailer and TV spots. We have zero way of orienting the ship's position on this planet based on what we have seen. We have not seen its full dimensions. You're making huge assumptions.

It is the lander/dropship and it is likely a record owned by Faris and Tennessee. Playing while Faris hangs out aboard the ship waiting on the landing party, just in time for Karine and the infected character to return in poor condition. That's it. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and this movie is just this movie. It seems like people want to super-complicate it just because they don't like that the entire plot has basically already leaked months ago.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 05, 2017, 12:05:44 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

You may be right, but I don't know... Hmm.

The hardest choice I would have to make if I was going on a mission like that isn't if I was taking a record player (that answer is yes), it is what records I would take with me.

Huggs

Huggs

Danny McBride should launch into his Honey Mustard speech. "You're celebrating your doom!"  ;D
Now we know what happened in the great beyond.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

lyrics of the song are quite interesting too

Almost heaven,
Spoiler
paradise
[close]
Blue Ridge Mountains,
Life is old there,
Spoiler
engineers/humanoid species
[close]
older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.

take me home to the place I belong.
Spoiler
earth
[close]

I hear her voice in the morning hour, she calls me,
Spoiler
shaw's radio message singing this song
[close]
the radio reminds me of my home far away.
Spoiler
earth,again
[close]
And driving down the road
Spoiler
en route to paradise or en route to fly off in the juggernaut
[close]
I get a feeling that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.
Spoiler
she never should have gone there, like she said in prometheus; we were so wrong
[close]

how about that?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 05, 2017, 07:36:37 PM
lyrics of the song are quite interesting too

Almost heaven,
Spoiler
paradise
[close]
Blue Ridge Mountains,
Life is old there,
Spoiler
engineers/humanoid species
[close]
older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.

take me home to the place I belong.
Spoiler
earth
[close]

I hear her voice in the morning hour, she calls me,
Spoiler
shaw's radio message singing this song
[close]
the radio reminds me of my home far away.
Spoiler
earth,again
[close]
And driving down the road
Spoiler
en route to paradise or en route to fly off in the juggernaut
[close]
I get a feeling that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.
Spoiler
she never should have gone there, like she said in prometheus; we were so wrong
[close]

how about that?

Nice one!

ReluctantNerd

ReluctantNerd

Home yesterday?
TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!  ;D

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: ReluctantNerd on Apr 05, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Home yesterday?
TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!  ;D

space jockey fossilization in derelict explained!  :D

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 05, 2017, 07:56:30 PM
Quote from: ReluctantNerd on Apr 05, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Home yesterday?
TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!  ;D
space jockey fossilization in derelict explained!  :D
Here we go again  ;) (I remember in the first rumoured spoilers for Prometheus, there was an allusion to harrowing time travel through a wormhole, but likely they were either scrapped out in the bud or just hearsays.)

Addressing the Shaw's singing in the latest TV spot, what if she deliberately re-programmed Juggernaut's controls activation to her voice?

As it has been revealed in the previous film, the Engineers - and David consequently - used to play a simple tune on the pipe to activate the console in the discovered ship. It won't be a far cry to presume that other Engineers' vessels also must have some sort of 'pass-tune' to gain control over them. And in the light of deteriorating Shaw and David relationship, she might have secured the Juggernaut's activation tune code to her voice solely, wishing to keep David away from wrecking even bigger havoc than he did on Paradise.

Well, this is a blind guess, I know  :)

Aliensfanboy

Aliensfanboy

Awesome!!!! im really looking forward to this movie

juxtapose

juxtapose

Just finally got to download those tv spots. .and i am loving them all. .but whilst i was just reading about it. .i tried to imagine all the hatred towards the neomorph and the also the love. .and i was expecting at least a solid 3 or 4 seconds of footage. .turns out if you blink u miss it. .now people are complaining about textures and animation and the cgi looks fake and god knows what else. .how f**king ridiculous. .based on one split second?. .these people actually watch every movie at 10 percent of the normal play speed in order to form an opinion about the state of the cg?. .boggles my mind. .i loved it. .even at 33 percent play speed on vlc. .it only amounts to about 2 seconds. . .besides u not gonna have the luxury of slowing things down at the cinema when u go watch it. . Nit pickers paradice. .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed