William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,759 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I've never really thought any of the undeveloped scripts were as good as the movie we got, even with the flaws it had.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2019, 08:57:28 AM
Yeah, I've never really thought any of the undeveloped scripts were as good as the movie we got, even with the flaws it had.

To be honest, the only one I've read is the David Twohy one.

Alien 3 is better than that script, and the eventual movie that came of it: The Chronicles of Riddick. Btw, how did Fox not sue him for plagiarism? They were the ones who paid him to write it, they were the ones who owned it.

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

The David Twohy one is that I interestet in most. I'm very curious in witch direction he was going. This was his pre-riddick time. But when I watch the Riddick movies, every time I realise how good his characters are shaped. I think he could totally write a good alien movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Twohy's is my favourite of the ditched scripts too. Other than the anti-climactic ending it's reasonably solid.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2019, 08:57:28 AM

To be fair, many of them didn't really get past the first pass.

Huggs

Huggs

Twohy, Ward, and Gibson all felt pretty solid to me.

Reds was just...shite.

SiL

SiL

Gibson's always lacked tension. Twohy's could've been alright after some extra drafts. I still want to see Ward's, mad as it was.

Kradan

Kradan

Great podcast.

I enjoyed this adaptation pretty much. It was obvious that Gibson's draft requires some polish but overall i think it had big potential to be a great movie. And it was good to see Hicks and Bishop again.

I hope it had financial success so DH will be interested to do more. I'd love to see Ward script's adaptation.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2019, 03:46:34 PM
Twohy's is my favourite of the ditched scripts too. Other than the anti-climactic ending it's reasonably solid.

They'll never complain about prison meals again

Huggs

Huggs

I just wanna see the toilet abduction.

Even an audio drama would do.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on May 15, 2019, 06:09:27 PMI just wanna see the toilet abduction.

Watch Deep Rising.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 15, 2019, 06:32:49 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 15, 2019, 06:09:27 PMI just wanna see the toilet abduction.

Watch Deep Rising.

That wasn't good enough.

Ward's Alien 3 will do for bathrooms what jaws did for the sea.

Kradan

Kradan

Monster Man

Monster Man

Quote from: Huggs on May 15, 2019, 06:34:21 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 15, 2019, 06:32:49 PM

Watch Deep Rising.

That wasn't good enough.

Ward's Alien 3 will do for bathrooms what jaws did for the sea.

The equivalent to opening a toilet lid just to see a multitude of dangerous spiders come scurrying out from underneath it.

Or a snake finding itself cozy inside of it without you realizing. Ward must've done the writers version of method acting by taking a trip to Australia and experience day-to-day terror before writing his script.

Huggs

Huggs

I get spiders in the toilet.

But that's because we turn into a jungle for like 7 months out of the year.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed