New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,100 times)

SiL

I'm not keen on it being that similar to The Revenant, no.

Voodoo Magic

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 12:12:03 PM

The Revenant was OK. Far too long but looked fantastic.

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on Jul 30, 2021, 12:02:01 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 08:47:18 AM
Something I'm hoping they mean by it's very The Revenant is that the story will basically be the third act of Predator drawn out to a feature.

I am all sorts of down for that.

As long as it's not 60 minutes of various close ups of tree branches and running rivers. I could dig it.

That part I could pass on as well.  I appreciate the scenery, but at some point it starts getting distracting.

RidgeTop

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Highland on Jul 30, 2021, 12:02:01 PM

As long as it's not 60 minutes of various close ups of tree branches and running rivers. I could dig it.

I'm not entirely opposed to that  ;D

Clubroot

More Sasquatch sightings from DD  ;D

Clubroot

*Achieve

https://i.imgur.com/3BNjefm.png

Maybe this is fro another project from DD is working at the same time as Skull?, but I do love the Bear, Bigfoot, Wendigo speculations.

Baron Von Marlon

Now I'm thinking of a Predator movie co-made with the BBC nature docu people.
Certainly would look amazing.

Youngblood90

We are talking here of comparisons to a film, that got nominations and won awards. Just this in itself is reason to be excited. Predator since P2 has become stale. It's time for new eyes and new ideas and the most paramount thing that needs to change is tone.

If handled correctly, it could be a really fresh and interesting take on the franchise, and also by its very nature opens up the door for more films set in other time periods. I just hope the predator itself is handled well, I want to see intergalactic tribal predators that are ruthless not power rangers meets iron man. Know what I mean?  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Youngblood90 on Jul 31, 2021, 10:26:38 AM
If handled correctly, it could be a really fresh and interesting take on the franchise, and also by its very nature opens up the door for more films set in other time periods. I just hope the predator itself is handled well, I want to see intergalactic tribal predators that are ruthless not power rangers meets iron man. Know what I mean?  ;D

To me, the key to a Predator's film success will always be:

1. unique setting
2. unique prey
3. maintain the mythological and/or supernatural lens in which the Predator is viewed.

To me they hit the bullseye with a soldier in a present day jungle, and hit it again with a cop in a city in the future. And both of them maintained the supernatural "demon" prism in which the Predator is viewed (an aspect that was purposely baked into the "modern day Minotaur" creature by Jim & John Thomas.)

And now we finally have a Predator film coming that checks all three boxes again in 1. setting, 2. opponent and 3. mythological prism (you just know the Comanche is going to view the Predator as some demon, god or ghost of some sort of spirit world.)

#TrustInDan

Clubroot

@Voodoo Magic
Also good sound design and the music during fights

Youngblood90

@voodoo magic.

Yeah I agree they are the three basic ingredients you said there. What I mean about tone, is credibility and  making it believable. I feel for too long predator has been stuck in the past, where it just can't help itself recycling old throwback lines, which if I'm being brutally honest is utter cringe and hurts the films imo.  It has to change. Predator was never a comedy film. I've said this many times over the years. The first film was a low key sci fi thriller/horror border line war  film. Soldiers having outrageous toxic masculinity banter is part and parcel of the role and situation they were in. Which happens in real life. I just think the more it looks inwards and at former glory days, the more it holds the franchise back in going forward. And that's why I believe a modern gritty dark take on predator is the way forward in restoring legitimacy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 31, 2021, 03:07:36 PM
@Voodoo Magic
Also good sound design and the music during fights

Oh definitely. Working Alan Silvestri's masterful Predator themes with a Native American feel will be a must! And hopefully they'll bring back Alan! Plus good sound design, casting, direction, creature design (looking at you ADI) the works!

But those are the three basic foundational buildings blocks / check boxes (to me) essential to make a great Predator film. :)

Master

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jul 30, 2021, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 12:12:03 PM

The Revenant was OK. Far too long but looked fantastic.

It was ok. At some parts. Dragged like hell true most of it. And one actor did deserve to get an Oscar, but it wasn't DiCaprio ( he should have had get that funking gold nude bastard for Wolf of Wall Street period).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed