Ty Ellingson, Alien 5 Artist, Talks Existence of Blomkamp's Alien 5 Script

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 06:47:31 PM

Author
Ty Ellingson, Alien 5 Artist, Talks Existence of Blomkamp's Alien 5 Script (Read 21,220 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I don't see him ever circling around to it, honestly. Even if they do cycle back around to a new alt-Alien 3 project, he really seems to have moved on. The recent Walter Hill treatment seems to have had a similar premise but from the sounds if it, nothing is going on there either.

Perfect-Organism

I hope you're wrong.  I really do.  :laugh:

SM

If Blomkamp actually makes a movie at some point and it's big hit, studios and producers will start beating a path to his door.

Perfect-Organism

Yah, that's about right.  I think he needs to show some dimension beyond Johannesburg ghetto settings and things could get interesting..

SM

I don't even mind if he did it in Jo'burg.  It's telling though that he's had a string of projects since 2015 that haven't progressed.

irn

I'd much rather he got the Robocop sequel than an Alien one.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: irn on Aug 12, 2020, 09:26:49 AM
I'd much rather he got the Robocop sequel than an Alien one.

Same. Though Ed Nuemeier has since been replaced as writer on that one, so I don't think there's any going back to that, either.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Any news about the script?

Not that I ever want this movie ever to be made, but I am curious about the intended synopsis/story of this glorified fanboi project. The four-armed Alien Drone intrigued me.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.talkingbay94.com/2020/02/05/tyruben-ellingson-star-wars-interview-podcast/

Mentions Alien 5 towards the end. Not listened yet, not sure if it's much. Via Willie Goldman.

skhellter

Podcast has a transcript. Searched through it.

nothing new outside of the concept art being done in a 3 month period as part of pre-production.

SpreadEagleBeagle

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed