Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 80,945 times)

MaxDuNord

MaxDuNord

Alien: 1 survivor out of 7 + cat
Aliens: 3 survivors out of 172 people (158 colonist + 12 marines + Ripley + Burke) + Bishop

Happy endings? Victories? Really?

AlienĀ³ had better survival rate if you count crew of the USCSS Patna.

Kradan

I was about to post the same thing !  :D

Janek

Janek

Quote from: MaxDuNord on Jun 15, 2020, 02:58:03 PM
Alien: 1 survivor out of 7 + cat
Aliens: 3 survivors out of 172 people (158 colonist + 12 marines + Ripley + Burke) + Bishop

Happy endings? Victories? Really?

AlienĀ³ had better survival rate if you count crew of the USCSS Patna.

Good summary mate and for fun you could also add the prequels.

Prometheus: 2 survivors out of 17 (Only 1 survivor really if you take into account that Shaw dies before Covenant starts)
Covenant: Probably zero survivors out of a crew of 15 + 2000 colonists?

ALIEN is really a dark franchise and that is one of the many reasons it is so great!

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 02:12:21 PM
I believe Ripley's arc finishing the way it did in Alien 3 was true to the feel of the series.

Nothing like this! Where did you get this? Alien - happy end. Aliens - happy end. Alien 3 - bad end. I think the definition of "was true to the feel of the series" is infinitely far from reality. And it is an attempt to justify the mess created in Alien 3. Plus, trying to give some ghostly weight to the A3. Plus, distortion of facts about the series.
Alien/Aliens - meeting with evil, death and destruction, but victory and life at the end.
Alien 3 - meeting with evil, death and destruction at the end. This film is not part of a series - spiritually.

We must be talking about different movies mate.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 02:12:21 PM
I believe Ripley's arc finishing the way it did in Alien 3 was true to the feel of the series.

Nothing like this! Where did you get this? Alien - happy end. Aliens - happy end. Alien 3 - bad end. I think the definition of "was true to the feel of the series" is infinitely far from reality. And it is an attempt to justify the mess created in Alien 3. Plus, trying to give some ghostly weight to the A3. Plus, distortion of facts about the series.
Alien/Aliens - meeting with evil, death and destruction, but victory and life at the end.
Alien 3 - meeting with evil, death and destruction at the end. This film is not part of a series - spiritually.

Exactly, the ending of Aliens was so positive it practically had a Disney feel to it.  It was Alien 3 that took the series into the abysmal darkness that polarized movie goers.

Brandywine Productions

Brandywine Productions

Thought you guys might like to see this:

https://brandywineprod.com/AlienVCoverPage.pdf

Drukathi

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 15, 2020, 06:55:23 PM
Exactly, the ending of Aliens was so positive it practically had a Disney feel to it.  It was Alien 3 that took the series into the abysmal darkness that polarized movie goers.

I find it funny that people go crazy when they see a happy end in their dark fantasies franchises.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 07:43:06 PM

It's definitely funny that Aliens is seen as one of the best action, sci-fi films of all time.  There is a place for dark endings (Alien: Covenant) but do you really think Aliens suffered from a happy ending?

I find it funny that people go crazy when they see a happy end in their dark fantasies franchises.

oduodu

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 12, 2020, 11:46:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
Whedon loved the series too.  So did Anderson.  And the Strauses.

Therefore, we need someone who doesn't like the series. Who could it be? Ridley, obviously. And also Fincher?

CDL

Drukathi

Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 06:21:28 PM
ALIEN is really a dark franchise and that is one of the many reasons it is so great!

Oh c'mon! Who is arguing? Not me. But dark =/= dead end. Alien/Aliens also dark, just without, well, dead end (if "happy end" it's a trigger for you). ;D

Janek

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 07:53:33 PM
Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 06:21:28 PM

Oh c'mon! Who is arguing? Not me. But dark =/= dead end. Alien/Aliens also dark, just without, well, dead end (if "happy end" it's a trigger for you). ;D

Well... I cant argue with that.  :D

Kradan

I love Aliens, I really do. But, God, watching it's ending now is like forceably eating sugar spoon by spoon.

"MOMMY", "Can we dream now ?"

f**k off Newt

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

j0nesy

it would be absolutely amazing to read even a sneak preview of this!

426Buddy

That would be a hell of a scoop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed