In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,289,804 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2021, 08:26:43 AM
Australia's vaccine rollout is a f**king shambles. Our government has basically said they're too incompetent to hit targets so they're just jabbing whoever at this point. But not you, no -- it's not your turn, even though someone in the same demographic has you successfully got the vaccine, and someone whose "turn" it was hasn't been able to book an appointment for the last four months.

But you'll get it. Eventually.

Maybe.

Same but with a much smaller population and, touch wood, no outbreaks.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

As I said earlier, the vaccines don't seem to be as efficient as advertised, as a lot of vaccinated people in Israel got infected again. I know it's supposed to lower the severe cases rate, but isn't it supposed to lower drastically your chances of getting infected also, just like any vaccine is supposed to ?

SiL

SiL

It's much more effective at the former than the latter.

There are new strains against which the first two shots are not as effective. They still offer protection, but not as much. This has been noted.

However, considering how much more contagious the new strain is, the infection rates still show a significant reduction in the risk of infection if you're vaccinated.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Vaccinated people getting infected doesn't mean it's ineffective, and that goes for vaccines in general as complete immunity in vaccines is not as common as people think, it's nice as an ultimate goal but for the most part you aren't going to be invincible, but your existing defences will be reinforced and have early warning so the benefits of vaccination still monumentally outweigh the alternative.

The fact they're vaccinated means on average it won't be as bad or symptomatic for them, they'll recover faster and better and the virus is less likely to spread further from one person to another.

There's talk of a 4th wave being imminent here, but that it's the unvaccinated who are in the most trouble when it happens.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'll get my second dose this saturday, so trust me I'm all for it. I just can't help asking myself questions, observing what's happening here and there.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Turkey's on fire. Different regions are dealing with large fires. Supposedly all started around the same time so probably arson (terrorism).

https://twitter.com/taegihours/status/1420901735061671944

Huggs

Huggs

Or yet another elaborate gender reveal party.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Our tax...

Fortunately, everyone survived during that explosion.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Thousands of people all over France protested against the rona passport.
https://twitter.com/AnonymeCitoyen/status/1421492099141279745

Also some incidents. Check out this cop totally loosing it:
https://twitter.com/Babar_le_Rhino/status/1421524606712786947

Huggs

Huggs

Officer Cosplay

Dear Diary,

"I have successfully infiltrated the gendarme"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

You can bet the idiots he listened to on radio and tv were actually vaccinated months ago.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Thought:
how about we (that includes me) stop posting "news" like that.
It's not news. It's the same stuff over and over again trying to convince people of doing or not doing something.
Maybe we could stick to our region and show eachother things we probably wouldn't hear about otherwise?
Just an idea...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed