First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 74,736 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

No one in this thread is complaining about those things. We're complaining about the edit, which was abysmal. That would at least (hopefully) be fixed somewhat in an extended cut.

LIG

LIG

Did anyone seriously think that an extended cut would be put out on the first DVD release?!

Fox will try and cream as much out of this as possible!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah. I'm just thinking of LotR and King Kong right now. Both had fairly massive extended cuts, and neither of those were the first home video release.

Remember, no one's asking you to buy it as soon as possible. Hell, I loved the movie, but I'm still gonna hold back from purchasing a copy until there's a longer cut.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Prepare to wait a loooooong time.

This isn't a barebones "lulz wait for the REAL release later" deal, this thing is a full-blown De Lauzirika special. Fox won't be planning on double dipping this for a while yet. >:(

robertmartin

robertmartin

Oh no, i am so gonna put this on the christmas list.

The Hyena

The Hyena

I don't see anything wrong with this? Extended Cuts come later anyway.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: JKS1 on Jul 04, 2012, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: Anonymous User on Jul 04, 2012, 06:36:09 AM
Honestly I felt a little bit ripped off already by the movie. I went the first time because it has Scott signature in it. A new Scott's scifi after Alien and Blade Runner. After that, I refused to go for a second viewing because I don't want to give anymore of my money to Fox/Scott.

If they sell an extended cut after this DVD release, I'll feel completely sick.

Im not giving these wankers another penny

Free torrents here I come

There's a certain satisfaction in seeing you hang yourself in every thread.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 04, 2012, 04:38:56 PM
I seem to have missed that bit of controversy.

CGI Carl Weathers.

That's the gist of it, anway.

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jul 04, 2012, 05:10:39 PM
It won't show Vickers being decapitated or blown up instead of crushed...

I would like a post-credits scene of her flattened corpse peeling off the overturned ship and hitting the ground with a tremendous SPLAT.

*smash to black*

robertmartin

robertmartin

Id love Vickers to remain alive - i just dont see it. Reminds me of that scene in Who Frames Roger Rabbit/Judge Doom. 

Vickers

Vickers

I'm really surprised that anyone who out and out dislikes the movie will think it will improve for them with an extended cut. An extended cut won't show Fifield to have aspergers, or expose Milburn as a fake biologist. It won't show Vickers being decapitated or blown up instead of crushed... and we'll still see the proto xeno at the end... I sense those who don't like the movie are preparing themselves to dislike the blu-ray by expecting it to be a different movie - simply with an extended 20/30 mins...

I do have issues with a few of those things you've mentioned but one of the major issues for me was the terrible editing.  The shots flew by as if I was watching a 2 hour long trailer for what could have been.  I was never given time to appreciate the grand visuals and I didn't get a strong sense of atmosphere.  I really feel like this film wasn't made for the original fans.  It was made for teenagers who get bored with films that take their time and unravel at a beautiful pace.  This was a cut for people who are unfamiliar with the franchise, in the hopes they will end up buying this film and all the others on DVD/Blu-Ray.

You know when people say they could do a better job with something and it's not entirely true?  I've seen novice editing on Youtube better than this.

Too many scenes and shots were cut.  And as for everything else that did actually make it into the film, even those shots were cut down in length.

I'm not spending any money if the initial release is confirmed to have no extended cut.  But I'm not holding my breath.  It seems as if they felt that having a decent amount of extras would suffice for the film itself.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I need to know about the behind the scenes documentary, or if there will even be on there aside from the ridiculous 'featurettes.' Anyone know by way of the French Amazon link?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Jul 04, 2012, 06:40:56 PM
I'm really surprised that anyone who out and out dislikes the movie will think it will improve for them with an extended cut. An extended cut won't show Fifield to have aspergers, or expose Milburn as a fake biologist. It won't show Vickers being decapitated or blown up instead of crushed... and we'll still see the proto xeno at the end... I sense those who don't like the movie are preparing themselves to dislike the blu-ray by expecting it to be a different movie - simply with an extended 20/30 mins...

I do have issues with a few of those things you've mentioned but one of the major issues for me was the terrible editing.  The shots flew by as if I was watching a 2 hour long trailer for what could have been.  I was never given time to appreciate the grand visuals and I didn't get a strong sense of atmosphere.  I really feel like this film wasn't made for the original fans.  It was made for teenagers who get bored with films that take their time and unravel at a beautiful pace.  This was a cut for people who are unfamiliar with the franchise, in the hopes they will end up buying this film and all the others on DVD/Blu-Ray.

You know when people say they could do a better job with something and it's not entirely true?  I've seen novice editing on Youtube better than this.

Too many scenes and shots were cut.  And as for everything else that did actually make it into the film, even those shots were cut down in length.

I'm not spending any money if the initial release is confirmed to have no extended cut.  But I'm not holding my breath.  It seems as if they felt that having a decent amount of extras would suffice for the film itself.
That's a wee harsh...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 04, 2012, 06:11:26 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 04, 2012, 04:38:56 PM
I seem to have missed that bit of controversy.

CGI Carl Weathers.

That's the gist of it, anway.

I must find this.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's not really a CGI Carl Weathers :laugh:

Though with the amount of hideous DNR slathered all over that transfer, it may as well be.

Alien³

Alien³

If every member of AVPGalaxy signed a petition for an extended cut release... ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed