Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,731 times)

Rafael

Great! Thanks for the opportunity! :D

predator elite

Being my birthday on the 11th here's hoping it gives me some good luck

Huggs

Quote from: predator elite on Oct 10, 2018, 06:16:06 AM
Being my birthday on the 11th here's hoping it gives me some good luck

Happy Birthday  :)

Akis

Fingers crossed :)

predator elite

Thanks man don't think my luck will hold out my external hard drive crapped out on the day lol

Corporal Hicks

The time has come to draw our winners! Congratulations to Jon Berry, Juan Antonio CerdeiriƱa, Jay Stewart and Matthew (aka Zombie Weasil!) You will have received emails requesting your shipping addresses. 

Corporal Hicks

Due to no response, we've redrawn one of the prizes so I'd like to congratulate Robyn N Harris! If you're reading this, please check your emails for a reply from us and send us your shipping details.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And the winning scenario for the recent cat competition is up!

https://prodosgames.com/blog/avp-the-cat-begins?

Shevvie, who comes on the podcast every now and again, got an honorable mention.

Tex

For anyone interested in Buying a few more pieces for the collection.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60971.0

The Kurgan

For anybody starting, the miniatures in the 2nd edition starter box are noticeable smaller than the rest of the miniatures.

It's especially annoying with the marines, cause the weapons are also smaller. It's easily fixable if you have some spar weapons, for example from the multipart marines, to switch with.

For the preds and aliens it's not that much of a problem. They could simply be younger and not full sized yet.

I thought it would be an interesting observation for people who are very concerned with the scale of their miniatures.

Tex

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 15, 2018, 02:16:13 PM
For anybody starting, the miniatures in the 2nd edition starter box are noticeable smaller than the rest of the miniatures.

It's especially annoying with the marines, cause the weapons are also smaller. It's easily fixable if you have some spar weapons, for example from the multipart marines, to switch with.

For the preds and aliens it's not that much of a problem. They could simply be younger and not full sized yet.

I thought it would be an interesting observation for people who are very concerned with the scale of their miniatures.

Is this just in general between the Unicast and Standard Cast miniatures, correct? For the poses of the marines I do not personally find it an issue as most are hunched or in cover, making their size difference a little less noticeable, but they are more chunky though. Kind borderline hero scale, compared to the standard cast being more realistic scale.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Tex on Nov 15, 2018, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 15, 2018, 02:16:13 PM

Is this just in general between the Unicast and Standard Cast miniatures, correct? For the poses of the marines I do not personally find it an issue as most are hunched or in cover, making their size difference a little less noticeable, but they are more chunky though. Kind borderline hero scale, compared to the standard cast being more realistic scale.

That I don't know. I always took the standard cast where available.

It's most noticeable on the flamethrower guy, motiontracker dude and smartgun girl.

It's not really an issue for me, but for some people who are very anal about their scale, it could be an unpleasant surprise.

They are a little more hero scale, but I think the other unicast minis are aswell.

Corporal Hicks

SiL

Yaaaaas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed