4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2020, 01:53:20 PM

Author
4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger (Read 11,301 times)

Corporal Hicks

Following Cliff Bleszinski’s announcement regarding the Boss Key Productions Aliens game that never was, VP of 3D Realms Frederik Schreiber has also taken to Twitter to reveal that Slipgate Ironworks and 3D Realms was also deep into pre-production of a different Alien game that became another victim of the Disney/Fox merger!

“This is crazy… we were in the talk about the exact same thing. New Aliens FPS, taking place at Hadleys Hope (4-player coop). Almost went through. Happened right around the time at the Disney acquisition, and when that happened, it all fell to the ground.

Yup. Game was called Aliens: Hadleys Hope. We went quite far into pre-production before the Disney/Fox acquisition, and then we had to cancel it, and move on with something else. Maybe some day!”

4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger  4 Player Co-op Game Aliens: Hadley's Hope, Another Victim of the Disney/Fox Merger

Given the title Hadley’s Hope, I would have expected something more along the lines of a prequel to Aliens. Instead, this sounds like it would have been a world-spanning multiplayer game much in the same vein of Destiny (somewhat like we expect Cold Iron Studio’s Aliens “persistent online” shooter to be).

When asked about the possibility of continuing production on Aliens: Hadley’s Hope, Schreiber replied: Nah, we're having too much fun with Kingpin, Ion Fury, WRATH and Ghostrunner!

How do you feel about this other victim of the Disney merger? Would you have liked to have experienced this? Let us know in the comments down below!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator gaming! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it's likely Disney targetted Alien games, probably just some legality thing during the merger that took the games down.

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2020, 02:23:45 PM
I don't think it's likely Disney targetted Alien games, probably just some legality thing during the merger that took the games down.

Probably issues related to funding those projects.

Drukathi

Tbh, all these games had a weak ideas. BKP game was located on Earth in Black Mesa. And this coop game was a prequel. Really - I see no reason to do the prequel, because we already know the result.

acrediblesource

I'm not surprised. If they haven't shown anything by now, its going down!

The Old One

The Old One

Sounds like no big deal, the premise itself, as with the last cancelled Alien project is ridiculous anyway.

Vrastal

Im not too upset over this. While id love more alien games. I dont want a bunch of soulless cashgrabs flooding the market. Id rather have a super strong single player with playable aliens come out though

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely agreed.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Tbh I'm getting a little worried for the aliens gaming universe.
Hopefully we get the next gen aliens multiplayer game us fans have been waiting for since avp 2010. I'm losing my mind lol

Anonymous Alien Fan

This cancellation and the Bosskey one don't bother me because both seem to be weirdly placed in the canon. I don't like the idea of Ripleys "Nuke them orbit" didnt work. And with the Bosskey game, while I love Newt I just don't think MASSIVELY retconning Alien 3 is a good idea.

Kimarhi

Another Hadley's Hope story........ :-\

Wweyland

Enough cancellations already, just get the Predator game out.

Huggs

Can't say I'm surprised. Sounds like another multiplayer loot fest.

A solid single player experience is what I prefer. I like co-op too, but only as an extra and only if it's local and offline.

I'm old school.

Kane's other son

Both cancelled games sound like hack jobs taking advantage of an IP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed