Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2016, 08:13:30 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Channels Her Inner Ripley in New Alien: Covenant Still (Read 29,087 times)

Molecules

All things being equal, Waterston could really shine in this. She's proven her range (see recent psychodrama Queen of Earth) and is undoubtedly beautiful, but has a kind of dorky charm that I'm really hoping gets utilised in her character's arc to differentiate her from Ripley as far as possible.
Perhaps Daniels isn't a natural leader or fighter, but through the story manages to mine reserves she didn't know she had.
Of course you're always gonna have the Ripley archetype that is an inevitable part of the franchise's box-ticking, but I thought they succeeded with Shaw in the last film (despite some abysmal dialogue) in carving out a new niche.
And if Daniels is paired with Danny McBride as some kind of beta male who has to rise to the occasion (I'm basing this on his affable schlubbiness and overcompensating with that Stetson hat), you could really end up rooting for them... That's assuming they don't get drowned out by an oversized cast and an overextended script...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed