First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,593 times)

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 10, 2020, 02:31:42 AM
Going for $125 on Amazon, 1032 pages! And I noticed that the cover art is the OG Mark Nelson so hopefully they completely pulled Land's cover.

That cover will change to the Land cover. Unless Marvel do pull the cover, which I very much doubt.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 10, 2020, 07:01:25 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 10, 2020, 02:31:42 AM
Going for $125 on Amazon, 1032 pages! And I noticed that the cover art is the OG Mark Nelson so hopefully they completely pulled Land's cover.
That cover will change to the Land cover. Unless Marvel do pull the cover, which I very much doubt.

I was fully assuming that it was going to be Land's cover as the Nelson one was only supposed to be a limited variant. Obviously only time will tell but Marvel may have pulled the cover. There's no way Marvel was pleased with all the bad press caused by Land's f**kery.

Perfect-Organism

I guess the question is, did Marvel even notice?

SM

SM

Even if they did I don't see them giving a shit.

Xiggz456

I think companies as large as Marvel are certainly aware of their image in the press and if the press is bad enough to affect sales then you can bet they're going to do something about it. Considering the Land cover is already paid for and they more than likely haven't printed any copies this far, the easiest solution to mitigate the bad press, that had folks ready to boycott over, is to pull the cover and replace it with the OG Nelson cover. Also considering the Land cover was done and was supposed to be the primary variant for large outlets like Amazon, why then is the Nelson cover being shown on Amazon unless they pulled Land's? We'll see if anything changes but my money's on them using only Nelson's cover.

SM

SM

When your average punter thinks Marvel they think Iron Man, Spider-man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk, Guardians etc.

They don't think Alien.  Alien is long way down Marvel's priority list.  And unless you're an Alien fan or comic geek, it's not even on your priority list.

There's not enough negative press for them to worry about it.  If there's a backlash against the Land cover in terms of sales - then they might take notice.

Xiggz456

Quote from: SM on Oct 11, 2020, 01:00:18 AM
When you're average punter thinks Marvel they think Iron Man, Spider-man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk, Guardians etc.

They don't think Alien.  Alien is long way down Marvel's priority list.  And unless you're an Alien fan or comic geek, it's not even on your priority list.

There's not enough negative press for them to worry about it.  If there's a backlash against the Land cover in terms of sales - then they might take notice.

Exactly and I think that's what's happening. Marvel doesn't want to alienate the target audience (pun intended) because that's bad business. I was fully expecting to see Land's cover on Amazon and was shocked when it was Nelson's hence my speculation. Now we just have to see if it changes down the line.

SM

SM

We can hope.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 11, 2020, 02:45:48 AM
When you're average punter thinks Marvel they think Iron Man, Spider-man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk, Guardians etc.

Exactly and I think that's what's happening. Marvel doesn't want to alienate the target audience (pun intended) because that's bad business. I was fully expecting to see Land's cover on Amazon and was shocked when it was Nelson's hence my speculation. Now we just have to see if it changes down the line.

Often times, when I have preordered a marvel omnibus, it has had the incorrect cover.

Perfect-Organism

When your average punter thinks Marvel they think Iron Man, Spider-man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk, Guardians etc.

Well, that's on us as fans partly, and on creators who don't follow through on their cases with legal action.  I am a creative professional also and let me tell you it is no walk in the park to protect your intellectual property.  But I am stubborn and I am now in the 6th year of defending my rights to my intellectual property.  My legal team is now going to the European Union Supreme Court to protect my work and my brand from being stolen.  That's what it takes.  I invite Tristan to do the same.

That sort of action will translate into more press articles about the subject and will raise awareness.  In turn, it's the fans' job to help stand up for their creative heroes by posting and sharing the articles.  That's how social action works.

On a side note, the Alien series has had several references in the MCU already.  It's clearly a hot topic for someone up above.  In the first Avengers film, we saw Harry Dean Stanton (Kane) ask the Hulk if he was an Alien, and in Avengers Infinity War, we saw Spider-Man talking about the movie Aliens.  Those are BIG mentions.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 11, 2020, 06:55:43 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 11, 2020, 02:45:48 AM

Often times, when I have preordered a marvel omnibus, it has had the incorrect cover.

Aww shit well hopefully that's not the case here.

SM

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 11, 2020, 06:34:34 PM

Well, that's on us as fans partly, and on creators who don't follow through on their cases with legal action.  I am a creative professional also and let me tell you it is no walk in the park to protect your intellectual property.  But I am stubborn and I am now in the 6th year of defending my rights to my intellectual property.  My legal team is now going to the European Union Supreme Court to protect my work and my brand from being stolen.  That's what it takes.  I invite Tristan to do the same.

That sort of action will translate into more press articles about the subject and will raise awareness.  In turn, it's the fans' job to help stand up for their creative heroes by posting and sharing the articles.  That's how social action works.

On a side note, the Alien series has had several references in the MCU already.  It's clearly a hot topic for someone up above.  In the first Avengers film, we saw Harry Dean Stanton (Kane) ask the Hulk if he was an Alien, and in Avengers Infinity War, we saw Spider-Man talking about the movie Aliens.  Those are BIG mentions.

Harry Dean Stanton was Brett and Hulk is in no way similar to a Xenomorph. So that's one throwaway reference in Infinity War that hardly qualifies as a "BIG mention".

That aside - who exactly has the kind of money to legally take on Disney???  Or needs the extra stress?  In the middle of a pandemic lockdown no less?  Seriously?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Oct 11, 2020, 08:04:17 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 11, 2020, 06:34:34 PM

Harry Dean Stanton was Brett and Hulk is in no way similar to a Xenomorph. So that's one throwaway reference in Infinity War that hardly qualifies as a "BIG mention".

That aside - who exactly has the kind of money to legally take on Disney???  Or needs the extra stress?  In the middle of a pandemic lockdown no less?  Seriously?

Oh facepalm!!  I can't believe I mixed up Brett with Kane!
:laugh:

Not having the courage to take on a big player like Disney in courts means that the artist should shut up and accept the theft of their work.  I'm not talking about anyone in particular because this has happened several times with Land already.  Yes, it's a pain in the ass to protect your IP but it's not as bad as you think.  A legal battle like that could be cost-effectively drawn out for years and the bad PR alone would be very hurtful to Disney.

The simple truth is that if someone is not willing to go to court to protect their IP, they should not complain when someone steals it.  That's what the courts are for.

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed