First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,584 times)

SM

SM

I wouldn't call Alchemy, Survival, Havoc, or Stalker even remotely "mediocre".

Four issues doesn't automatically make it a good story.

That said, Tristan getting ripped off aside, the over the top anti-Marvel sentiment is a bit dumb at this point.

Nostromo

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 14, 2020, 05:29:49 PM
Can be pre ordered on Amazon now.

Hallucinating much? Lol. A lot of new schills in here. Dude, until they change the cover, apologize, and also hire Tristan and fire the scumbag who made that crap, here's my answer to the wackjobs at Marvel and Disney: just replace things with wackos.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 16, 2020, 01:32:19 PM

Hallucinating much? Lol. A lot of new schills in here. Dude, until they change the cover, apologize, and also hire Tristan and fire the scumbag who made that crap, here's my answer to the wackjobs at Marvel and Disney: just replace things with wackos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvYVTEyJ6c

Who are the "schills"?

SM

SM

Is that the same as "shills"?

Russ840

Russ840

I think so.

Gentleman Death

So, what if you just don't buy the one with Lands cover...?

SM

SM

It probably makes zero difference.  Land still got paid.  You'd need a lot of people not to buy it at all if you wanted to make a point.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, the support for Tristan's defense in this matter seems to have waned.  That's how it usually goes, and it is incumbent upon the party that has sustained damages to act in their own legal defense.  Taking on Marvel seems unlikely in that approach.

What will likely happen though, is Mr. Land will do it again, and there will be a similar response.  This will create a significant body of evidence that proves his actions were numerous through their precedents.  At that time, legal action should be easier, and perhaps done in concert as a class action in partnership with other victims.

Local Trouble

The best thing that can come out of this is raising Tristan's profile in a positive way.  Apparentlly Greg Land admired his work so much he had to plagiarize it, so maybe Marvel should throw money at the guy who can actually draw these things on his own.  And give him his own book.  And turn it into an MCU movie.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Sep 16, 2020, 10:27:25 PM
So, what if you just don't buy the one with Lands cover...?
For me its more reasons than only this cover issue with marvel:
1: Marvel stealing designs from fans, examples, ships, charachters, lore ideas etc from fans for years especielly in the star wars franschise but also happened in their other ips.
2: Not giving artist money by royalties, as artist do have the same rights as music creators but its rare here.
3: their whole disrespect for previous comic makers as if all they did was bad and their own comics will be amazing(when doing the same ideas).
4: How marvel have become political aware and woke with their old franschises which turned me and others away as they redid iron man and others, now they focus on new charachters named snowflake, boomer etc and changing what we older fans loved, yes im an old marvel fan from the 80s.(ok that maybe dont count as old)
5: Plagiarism, and in the alien related tristians design being used and traced and copied and marvel allows such behaviour and done so for a long time and its not just one artist.

Ok if one only look at it from alien related then marvel havent done much wrong but I look at marvel from what they were and how they behave overall, a official excuse/apology from marvel on this and improvment on what happened with tristian would improve things on my end but as you wrote: nothing will happen from this and Im 80% sure we will see marvel do something similair in the coming year or 2 years, maybe some fans alien design they like and use and then claim as their own or similair is my guess now.

SiL

SiL

Quote4: How marvel have become political aware and woke
That's ... not new.

That is a man named Captain America punching actual Hitler in the face during World War II.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 16, 2020, 01:32:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvYVTEyJ6c

No need to attack your fellow fans dude. It's not cool.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 17, 2020, 01:54:24 AM
The best thing that can come out of this is raising Tristan's profile in a positive way.  Apparentlly Greg Land admired his work so much he had to plagiarize it, so maybe Marvel should throw money at the guy who can actually draw these things on his own.  And give him his own book.  And turn it into an MCU movie.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Sep 17, 2020, 05:29:10 AM
Quote4: How marvel have become political aware and woke
That's ... not new.

That is a man named Captain America punching actual Hitler in the face during World War II.

Can't believe people still unironically whip out that "woke" crap.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Sep 17, 2020, 05:08:10 AM2: Not giving artist money by royalties, as artist do have the same rights as music creators but its rare here.

I don't really see how this one can be considered Marvel's fault.

If they were legally required to pay royalties, they would. If they're not doing it, it implies artists don't have the same rights as music creators, in which case it's the law that's the issue and not Marvel. And as someone (I forget who, sorry) pointed out earlier in this thread, Dark Horse apparently didn't pay all their contributors royalties further down the line, and I don't see anyone criticising them for doing exactly the same thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed