Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 52,526 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2019, 02:40:31 AM
Then give him a director asking for a "handsome" Predator :D

And a cheap rubber mask paint job!

SiL

He's already got that part down judging by some of his photos.

Highland

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 11:58:45 AM
Here's some work that will give ADI a run for their money.

https://www.facebook.com/InkFxTion-Studios-275830922437192/?ti=as

The Scott Marshall sculpts are almost original accurate. All he did was copy the original, which is what everyone should have done and what everyone still wont do. I nearly bought one of these once.

There was an even more accurate one done by MageeFX, who apparently did have the original.

SiL

AliensFX get their stuff into commercials. Super accurate.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2019, 04:43:59 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 11:58:45 AM
Here's some work that will give ADI a run for their money.

https://www.facebook.com/InkFxTion-Studios-275830922437192/?ti=as

The Scott Marshall sculpts are almost original accurate. All he did was copy the original, which is what everyone should have done and what everyone still wont do. I nearly bought one of these once.

SiL

Cos everyone hates City Hunter for not being a carbon copy of the original ???

The Old One

The Old One

His face structure, is nearly the same
It's different in details and some
proportions but everything fits together
in a manner that resembles the original.

The "outline" is correct, the details
are different, ADI & KNB got it the other way around.

SiL

The outline of the head of the second is different. The crown is higher, giving the impression of a longer head.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 01, 2019, 02:31:31 AM
Its one guy doing everything on his own for fun. Give him a whole team and resources... he got more potential than the ADI guys.

Can't say I disagree. He is one talented individual. I gave him a blurry photo of an action figure head...and he brought it to life in 1:1 scale in a richness and detail I still can't fathom. 
https://youtu.be/sw2nfdNRAn0

His work has been featured here many times.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2019, 05:54:58 AM
Cos everyone hates City Hunter for not being a carbon copy of the original ???

Not everyone. Just you.  ;)  And round and round we go.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 01, 2019, 07:05:50 AM
His face structure, is nearly the same
It's different in details and some
proportions but everything fits together
in a manner that resembles the original.

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 01, 2019, 02:31:31 AM
Its one guy doing everything on his own for fun. Give him a whole team and resources... he got more potential than the ADI guys.

Can't say I disagree. He is one talented individual. I gave him a blurry photo of an action figure head...and he brought it to life in 1:1 scale in a richness and detail I still can't fathom. 
https://youtu.be/sw2nfdNRAn0

His work has been featured here many times.

Oustanding!

BigDaddyJohn

I don't know... ADI seems to take pride in making their own style of preds, even when largely considered way inferior to the first predator.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 01, 2019, 01:03:33 PM
I don't know... ADI seems to take pride in making their own style of preds, even when largely considered way inferior to the first predator.

They seem really lackluster. Not as much sculpted texture, detail, or paint application. The colors seem...dull? I don't know. It's off.

It's like those drawings you do as a kid, when referencing a picture. It's...kind of similar, but not spot on.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, that's why I like the KNB EFX Predator. The Old One might be right in regards to me giving them too much credit, but I'm just thrilled they were trying to emulate the original Stan Winston design and x-positioned mandibles. I'm rewarding intention perhaps, but I yam what I yam.

Highland

Knb was close, but we Pred fans never forget a face.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 01:51:05 PM
Yeah, that's why I like the KNB EFX Predator. The Old One might be right in regards to me giving them too much credit, but I'm just thrilled they were trying to emulate the original Stan Winston design and x-positioned mandibles. I'm rewarding intention perhaps, but I yam what I yam.

That's one beautiful motherf**ker;D

I know people might have opinions on it, but I love the facial quills and chest quills.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed