No Cross-Play for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, But Cross-Gen Play & Free Generational Upgrades!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 29, 2021, 12:58:24 PM

Author
No Cross-Play for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, But Cross-Gen Play & Free Generational Upgrades! (Read 6,858 times)

j0nesy

i'm not super familiar with crossplay functionality, but is xbox and pc considered "cross-generational" play? i have a series s so hoping to play with those here who will play on windows

molasar

molasar

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 01, 2021, 10:15:58 PM
i'm not super familiar with crossplay functionality, but is xbox and pc considered "cross-generational" play? i have a series s so hoping to play with those here who will play on windows

Nope. It would be cross platform cross play.

Cross gen in this case is a cross play between specific different gen platforms of the same producer, i.e. all Xbox One consoles and all XBox Series consoles or PS4 and PS5 consoles. PCs are on their own.

Quote from: RhinoAlien on Jul 01, 2021, 01:36:15 PM
No crossplay, hope it's pretty damn popular then. I've played games with crossplay, very popular ones, matchmaking can sometimes take a bit.

You can always start the game with 2 bots or one bot and one additional player.

j0nesy

thanks for clarifying! with that in mind, where my xbox fam at?

my gamertag is coalatree

Chris!(($$))!

I'm really hoping they add at least cross-play between PC and Xbox.

In my group of friends, most of us have moved over to PC from being Xbox fans since there doesn't seem to be any point to getting a Series X with all the games coming to PC too.

But one of our friends is just not the type to try and build and play on a PC so he'll be left behind if there is no cross play lol.

Stitch

I'm not sure I'll be picking it up, but if I do I know I have a mate who will be as well. With no cross-play, I'm not sure what system to get it for. He has a low end PC and an Xbox Series X. I have a high end PC and an Xbox One X.
Unless Windows is classed as an Xbox platform, I don't see a situation where one of us isn't compromising.

Private Buttz

Really poor decision here. This is not a competitive game. So hardware advantages aren't a concern. The longevity of this game is going to be dependent on player base, and many times players have different consoles. My friends and I play either on PC or Xbox. So already I'm disappointed I won't be able to play with some of them. No cross play might make or break this game.

Perfect-Organism

While we're on the subject of cross-play, is it possible to cross-play Aliens Colonial Marines between XBox 360 and PC?

BlueMarsalis79

Absolutely not, why anyone might want to I can not even fathom, I'm surprised it is still supported in any capacity frankly.

Perfect-Organism

God only knows why I wouldn't want to enjoy some highly accurate Aliens game play with some friends? ::)

BlueMarsalis79

I can see why anyone might, but I thought you asked about ACM though?

Perfect-Organism

I can see you have a hate-on for ACM, but why would you want to ruin my fun if I enjoy it from time to time?

It's not perfect but it's the best video game representation of Hadley's Hope ever made.

BlueMarsalis79

Nothing's more reprehensible to me that's under this intellectual property but I do not want you to stop having fun. 

But crossplay never really existed during that generation, it's only a fairly recent phenomenon spearhead mostly by Microsoft, and the idea of implementing it retroactively's simply a monumental task not worth the effort the results bring.

Hemi

Hemi

Gears 5 is still alive thanks to crossplay...

It's a more powerfull tool then you would think. BUT... if it's too difficult to implement retroactive then I can sorta live with that.

What I can't live with is this god-awful media silence. I want pics, I want campaign details and xeno info. It's driving me nuts!

BlueMarsalis79

Yes a fairly recent example of that philosophy.

Hemi

Ah we were talking about ACM there weren't we... oops. Srry about that. Hope they can still add it to AFE, if not... then ok.

Just want this game to work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed