The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 20, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Do you think they should make another AVP film?

Yes, continuing from the previous films.
Yes, but disregarding the previous AVP films (New continuity)
No, they should be kept seperate.
No, the  AVP movies messed up the franchise.
Not sure/maybe.
Author
The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise (Read 23,332 times)

SM

Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
How so? We've seen Call geting minor injury and she didnt regenerate shit. She was 200 years more advenced then Dawid. We also seen Ash in close combat. He's head was ripped off by fire extinguisher!

Getting shot = "minor"?

We don't know if she could regenerate from such a big hole. Way different to Walter. And even then, she wasn't compromised in her abilities. Bishop could obviously regenerate.

The Cruentus

Yeah that entry wound was quite messy, its for more difficult to close that wound than a say a tiny hole cause by a flute. I think some of her insides were hanging out a little too.  :laugh:

SM

Yeah, it looked like Ripley did a bit of tinkering in the chapel.

The Cruentus

Speaking of androids, I wonder if the combat models would appear in any future films, something similar to what we saw in AVP 2010 I guess. There is something creepy about androids that are humanoid but not quite like human in appearance, such as the working joes. 
It is kind of ironic really. The working joes were marketed as being a product that would make people feel at ease because they would know they are dealing with android, yet the result is the opposite.

EJA

If they make more AVP movies, I think they should avoid heavily referencing the earlier films, but they shouldn't actively contradict them either.

The Cruentus

I can agree to an extent, I think the AVP movies should be erased but some references to the other movies would be good, if only to world build a little.

The Old One

The Old One

They should actively contradict them all they want, especially if it leads to a superior story- they're irrelevant and have been since 2012.

Not contradicting the standalone films is all they have to worry about.

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 03, 2018, 02:41:21 PM
I can agree to an extent, I think the AVP movies should be erased

I agree. But then we'll all watch Shane's new movie, and there will be a truck parked on the street with a bumper sticker that reads "Remember Gunnison".  ;)

SM

You don't have to erase them.  Just don't reference them.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2018, 02:56:21 AM

True. But a nuclear weapon being dropped onto a civilian population in modern times (especially on U.S. soil) would be a world changing event, and no doubt one that would lead to untold political and societal changes. To go through an entire movie and not have any reference to such a thing by any person or organization would feel odd.

The Old One

The Old One

It would indeed feel odd, if it happened.

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 04, 2018, 03:17:40 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2018, 02:56:21 AM

True. But a nuclear weapon being dropped onto a civilian population in modern times (especially on U.S. soil) would be a world changing event, and no doubt one that would lead to untold political and societal changes. To go through an entire movie and not have any reference to such a thing by any person or organization would feel odd.

It would be a world changing event - but there's no need to mention it unless it has any relevance to the story.

The Cruentus

Perhaps, but it is better if those events didn't happen at all. The Predalien's method of producing is terrible and I really would not want that to be canon in any continuity, nevermind an AVP continuity.

SM

They don't have to repeat or even acknowledge that stuff.  It's neither here nor there.

The Cruentus

They don't have to no, but if they don't reference them, some might still think they are connected. It took two movies to put the nail in the coffin that AVP films were no longer canon and that was with Promethues deliberately changing the origin of Weyland Corp. So I kinda think that without pointing out that the movies are not connected, you will get some who will insist they are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed