First Alien vs Predator iOS/Android Footage

Started by ikarop, Aug 29, 2012, 11:24:17 PM

Author
First Alien vs Predator iOS/Android Footage (Read 17,079 times)

RazorSlash

God I hope my iPod will be able to run this.

Griffith

That awkward moment when you discover they got the correct sound of the pulse rifle and Gearbox doesn't

Sexy Poot

Yeah... I noticed that too...

chupacabras acheronsis

i don't think anyone else is as awkward as those guys giving the presentation are.

Xenomrph

This video is like 53 minutes long, could someone point me to the timestamps with actual gameplay? Thanks! :)

Quote from: Griffith on Aug 30, 2012, 12:10:36 AM
That awkward moment when you discover they got the correct sound of the pulse rifle and Gearbox doesn't
Gearbox got access to FOX's archives of the original sound mixes for 'Aliens' for use in sampling the sound effects for their video game. It doesn't get much more "correct" than that.

Sexy Poot

Just within the first 10 mins I believe.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Griffith on Aug 30, 2012, 12:10:36 AM

Almost as awkward as when you notice they've got Predators spraying red blood when they get shot. ;)

PsyKore

I'm not really a fan of the hack-and-slash gameplay they're going for there; it doesn't suit the characters, it looks ridiculous seeing Pred's and Aliens doing combos on Marines. That's just a personal preference, I'd rather be stalking and killing Marines swiftly so I can get into the role of the characters properly.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Where is the marine gameplay?

It looks like the iOS version of AVP3.

Xenomrph

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 30, 2012, 03:52:44 AM
I'm not really a fan of the hack-and-slash gameplay they're going for there; it doesn't suit the characters, it looks ridiculous seeing Pred's and Aliens doing combos on Marines. That's just a personal preference, I'd rather be stalking and killing Marines swiftly so I can get into the role of the characters properly.
Well to be fair it's a touchscreen game for cellphones, there's obviously some limitations there. :P

szkoki

i have to admit it looks like a lot of fun as an alien game though it could be a bit boring to kill someone from 4 -5 strikers through out the game

PsyKore

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 30, 2012, 07:54:02 AM
Well to be fair it's a touchscreen game for cellphones, there's obviously some limitations there. :P

I considered that, but I think this is more a deliberate gameplay choice. People seem to love swiping and tapping their ipads or phones excessively in games, so that's what they've gone with. It's not really a big deal, though, this game is sort of just a novelty anyway. It just looks strange to me seeing this style of gameplay in the AvP universe. :P

Xenomrph

There's a 'Predators' game that came out for iPod/iPhone to tie-in with the movie, it was largely hack-and-slash as well.

SM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHS2TIISUE#ws
problem?
;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed