All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,782,340 times)

Highland

Highland

We never saw one of the most powerful force users do anything other than have good reflexes when he was a kid. The rest had to be trained.

Now we got kids using brooms like they are Mary Poppins. Shambles lol

Alien³

Alien³

What's the end goal of the Star Wars story again?

The Old One

The Old One

Chris Avellone asked the same question.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I find using super human reflexes to participate in a sport humans normally can't compete in way more impressive than marry poppinsing brooms.

Also Luke did it in Empire without any training in that regard as far as I know.

People overestimate the training aspect in SW in general. Luke is the best example. The formal training he got has to be minimal.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 03:08:02 PM
Chris Avellone asked the same question.

Stuttering for an answer would mean....... yeah...

Now I'm imagining how Star Wars would look if Chris was one of the writers. And now I'm sad it didn't happen. :(

The Old One

The Old One

We'll always have KOTOR II, unless you mean modern Star Wars with Chris Avellone. Then I agree.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

That game's still on my bucket list, but I've read enough on it to know Obsidian worked its charm.

As for the movies, well... we can always dream.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Would we really want KOTOR to be meddled with by the mouse though?

I can only imagine what sacrilege they would produce.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Only if they let Filoni do it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 11, 2019, 05:20:13 PM
Only if they let Filoni do it.

That will never happen. He has no movie making experience and he doesn't make KK feel comfortable. Whatever the hell that means?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Filoni could write it.  Someone like Favreau could direct.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 11, 2019, 05:28:31 PM
Filoni could write it.  Someone like Favreau could direct.

No offense, but it's a pipe dream. They aren't going to invest money behind unproven big screen talent, no matter how well received that talent's animated stories are.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I'm well aware that KOTOR The Sith Lords, wouldn't get adapted properly because it's literally too good.

You could have LOTR 2.0 by adapting KOTOR 1 & 2. But they won't do, at least for some time because Chris Avellone's writing would expose how shallow everything Disney's produced for Star Wars in the films and otherwise, really is.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 05:35:58 PM
Yeah, I'm well aware that KOTOR The Sith Lords, wouldn't get adapted properly because it's literally too good.

You could have LOTR 2.0 by adapting KOTOR 1 & 2. But they won't do, at least for some time because Chris Avellone's writing would expose how shallow everything Disney's produced for Star Wars in the films and otherwise, really is.

Let it burn, kill it if you have to.

:D

That is the ST in a nutshell. The self awareness is...well, yeah.

But this is what destroyed modern Star Wars.

https://youtu.be/8OGkQNAiWpA

Highland

Highland

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 11, 2019, 03:12:42 PM
I find using super human reflexes to participate in a sport humans normally can't compete in way more impressive than marry poppinsing brooms.

Also Luke did it in Empire without any training in that regard as far as I know.

People overestimate the training aspect in SW in general. Luke is the best example. The formal training he got has to be minimal.

He still got basic lessons then he could hardly move the Saber 4 feet and that's one whole movie later. That's the whole point of Obi Wan, he's the mentor, even if it's only a few scenes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed