FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,649 times)

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 10:10:07 PMHate to be a debbie downer, but from a scientific standpoint, this hologram does not make much sense.  If it is a representation of our solar system, it doesn't make sense, as all major planets (and dwarf planets) orbit our sun pretty much along the plane of the ecliptic.  This "hologram" shows orbits along multiple angles/trajectories.

There is no reason for it to be our solar system. Could be anywhere.

-Chris

Did you read the second part of my post?  In terms of a map, it can't be a representation of another stellar system, as it shows CLOSED orbits around a central body.  This is impossible, because other stars do not "orbit" our own Sun.

If it were a 3-D "map", specifically DESIGNED by Alien intelligence to point humans towards a specific goal, one would think it would show our Sun at the center, with all other celestial coordinates given in spherical coordinate geometry.  This just looks like an OLD version of a Bohr atom (which is still unfortunately used as a model in high scool physics classes).

eh? since when is it infered in any way shape or form that its there to show humans anything whatsoever?.

it may be a map of any system in the universe that they just stumble across on whatever planet they land on.

thanks

rich

jmd7340

jmd7340

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 19, 2011, 10:31:12 PM
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/BatChainPuller/Whodat.png

What is that ? A follower/Mechanic ? He looks to have a "beard" or what's left of it.
Maybe it's the first stage of a transformation.

I could be wrong but that looks a lot like Guy Pearce.

Also, in the second tease, did anyone else notice Charlize running through the corridor...it appears as though she's unzipping her suit as she's running.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: The Runner on Dec 19, 2011, 10:42:25 PM
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/BatChainPuller/Whodat.png

What is that ? A follower/Mechanic ? He looks to have a "beard" or what's left of it.

Could of been a person who is burned badly.

Or one of the Androids.
His head seems badly deformed and he has a beard. It's not David or Vickers.

Edit: If Guy Pearce has a beard it could be him. We haven't seen pics of him yet.

gooner_no1

gooner_no1

Yeah I thought the room with the hole on the other side of the chamber door seemed really cool.

In the original Alien screenplay when the pyramid existed, they entered it by lowering themselves down through a opening in the top.

That circular hole in the floor in the chamber the scientists enter in the teaser:

Jeru

Jeru

Read through the first 4 pages of posts and it seems to be people nerdgasming (as I am too) for the most part. So I hope when I ask this question it hasn't already been asked.

Does anyone think there could be a link between the guy getting what looks like burned inside of his suit and the shot of Ridley directing a gentleman who has scares and growths on his body?

Either way I'm interested in the shot of Ridley directing the guy with growths, burns, and scars on him. Any ideas aside from my little burn theory on how that happened?

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Looks like he is flame throwing a beastie here. Look at the eye sockets on it. Very sunken like an alien skull.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

I'm sure his head is deformed.

^It's probably someone testing a flame-thrower cause the guys in the background looks really calm. No creature here.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 10:13:24 PM
There is no reason for it to be our solar system. Could be anywhere.

-Chris

Did you read the second part of my post?  In terms of a map, it can't be a representation of another stellar system, as it shows CLOSED orbits around a central body.  This is impossible, because other stars do not "orbit" our own Sun.

If it were a 3-D "map", specifically DESIGNED by Alien intelligence to point humans towards a specific goal, one would think it would show our Sun at the center, with all other celestial coordinates given in spherical coordinate geometry.  This just looks like an OLD version of a Bohr atom (which is still unfortunately used as a model in high scool physics classes).

Yeah I did, I was just commenting on the fact that it could be anywhere, not even a star system at all. There is nothing that suggests that it is designed to guide humans. I am no astronomer, but it could represent another solar system, or a planet and it's moons. I doubt an advanced alien race would use a Bohr model for an atom, so that's out surely.

Happy to be proven wrong though - the more info the better ;)

-Chris

MemphisRains

Spoiler
[close]

It just a grunt. He will die then the SP ship lands or he is the guy with asid  on sute. IMHO

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 19, 2011, 10:43:01 PM
eh? since when is it infered in any way shape or form that its there to show humans anything whatsoever?.

it may be a map of any system in the universe that they just stumble across on whatever planet they land on.

thanks

rich

Why do I infer that?  I infer, that due to ALL the rumors / leaks that have come out about this movie.  It is "accepted"  knowledge that an archeological team finds, on Earth, a stellar map/artifact that points them to the origin of those that left the artifact.  Now, absolutely, these rumors / leaks could be wrong.  But to answer your question, that IS WHAT I AM BASiNG MY OBJECTION to.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: MemphisRains on Dec 19, 2011, 10:55:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]

It just a grunt. He will die then the SP ship lands or he is the guy with asid  on sute. IMHO

Look at his head. She's clearly deformed.

Space Jockey King

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

No ?

Bat Chain Puller

Spoiler
[close]

Whoever it is they are not having a good day. Looks like extra crispy Anakin from Revenge of the Sith. Obviously someone under estimated his power.  ::)

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 19, 2011, 10:57:24 PM

It's John Hurt.

Spoiler
And he's not an animal!!
[close]

MemphisRains

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 19, 2011, 10:57:24 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Effect from for a shooting corner mb :-\ Or mb I'm rong)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed