The Dream Thread

Started by Necrokult, Sep 05, 2010, 08:34:28 AM

Author
The Dream Thread (Read 85,093 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I would be disappointed if that didn't happen at this stage.

Huggs

Huggs

I've got a bet going with a few guys that martians will land before the year's out. Although I don't think it really counts unless the aliens are hostile.

Huggs

Huggs

I stumbled into an episode of Cow and Chicken where Red was about to give out the "Best Booty" award.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 27, 2020, 10:27:41 PM
I stumbled into an episode of Cow and Chicken where Red was about to give out the "Best Booty" award.

Did you win?

Huggs

Huggs

I think it went to one of his alter ego's.

Huggs

Huggs

Burp monsters, a free-form jazz arm wrestling competition, and I upset John Travolta. I paid a shaman to cast a spell on him that turned his hair grey. He ran away crying, but stopped to do a dance move on his way out.

Huggs

Huggs

An old man stood on a mountain top. His arms spread out to each side. A small white cup in one hand. A spoon in the other. Giant flames reached the sky in the background. Quakes, eruptions. The world was dark and afire. It was the end of all things.

He stood there yelling, "CUP AND SPOON!......CUP AND SPOON!!".

Maybe he was onto something. I don't know. Watch your silverware.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I listen to my dreams.

Plenty of them are random noise and not worth listening to, but due to the recurring or episodic nature of many of my dreams, I can notice trends or changes if I pay attention, that seem easy enough to reconcile with waking situations.

I noticed some changes and variations on themes like this last night, most interestingly that a (very mutable) recurring locale was cleaner than ever before, parts of it even being pristine and habitable (and indeed inhabited) rather than grimy and dusty; and that one of the recurring archetypes/personalities is displaying new behaviors that, to me, are the actions of a (fictional) person fearing big changes and possibly even experiencing (a projection of) jealousy.

All very vague, rambling and possibly mildly new-agey tosh, what it boils down to is that recent things in the real world appear to be quite literally "cleaning house" in my dreamscape, and upsetting some of the more toxic locals.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Turn it into a story with Giger's visual language.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Pancakes

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I once dreamed I was an Asari from mass effect and escaped a mental hospital for humans. Once outside, I levitated straight up, then landed away and two toddler Asari ran up to me shouting mom. I then woke up as they tried to breast feed.
Not even my only Asari dream.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Last week I had a dream within a dream (well ... more like a small nightmare within a big one). So yeah, I dreamed that I lived in a building in which I had never been. It was night and a woman with schizophrenia scared all the neighbors with insane screams. And when I went to sleep in my apartment (in the dream), I dreamed that my room was haunted with a ghost. Then I woke up due to the screams of the insane woman, and left the building in a hurry towards the street. Then I really woke up  :laugh:

Last night I had another dream within a dream. I dreamed that I was slacking in a room, which again was not mine. It looked like an old rustic house in the country, with a spring climate. It was very nice. Then I took a nap (within the dream), and dreamed that I was escaping from some commitment, such as a marriage. There were familiar faces but for the most part they were unknown. It was weird and fun at the same time, because sometimes I dodged people in urban areas and then I was running in some forest or square. Then I "wake up" to the main dream. Here is a creepy twist. I was in that room where the spring afternoon sun illuminated everything, and then I woke up in my totally dark room at 4 in the morning. It felt like a bittersweet awakening.  :-\

Huggs

Huggs

Was chillin on the high seas, minding my own business. Grabbed myself a sandwich, as I could hear my own voice begin a sarcastic narration of my activities. I paid it no mind.

When suddenly, everything went to sh*t, as it obviously would. And I found myself with no options but to ride the ship down into the sea. I finished the sandwich.

As the water came over my toes, there was panic, but it was manly panic. The next thing I knew, I was standing in a swimming pool, with a tiny toy boat under my feet. I quickly began to look in all directions, to make sure I hadn't been seen.

Satisfied that some manner of sun exposure had led me to hallucinate, I retrieved the toy boat, and proceeded to play with it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I did dream about Garrus though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I had a weird and somewhat post-apocalyptic dream. I was living with a lot of people in an old, rocky looking citadel that seemed to be built on a cliff. There was a group of young people led by a girl from my real life. This group was managing the distribution of food and other items to the other inhabitants of the citadel. It seemed that there was even barter instead of traditional trade. I remember that before I woke up, I saw the tip of buildings protruding from the sea or whatever that huge body of water from my dream was supossed to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed