Sigourney Weaver on AvP/Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Jul 21, 2004, 06:05:29 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP/Alien 5 (Read 17,790 times)

Z

Z

Well, I don't know where you heard that... maybe from the quatrilogy   ???  ... I heard it from some magazine and even from Paul Anderson. He said in one of his interview that one of the great things about the Aliens is that "we don't know where they are from." And in no Alien movie do they say that the Aliens were creaded by the Jockeys! So, it's only a rumor. Also, ain't I the only one how thinks that the Aliens came from some unknown planet, that no man has ever seen ( That way, it's more fun! ). I think it makes them more scary... the less you know about them, the scarier they are ( even though they ain't lol ) Plus, like I said earlier, I'd much rather see the Space Jockeys as only victims of the great and extremely expanded race that are the Aliens. It makes the Aliens look a lot more evil.  Plus, making the Jockeys the creaters of the Aliens makes the story look like the one of StarCraft ( if you know what I mean... it's the same concept ) You all know that the Zergs from StarCraft already look a lot like the Aliens... Don't make the story kind of the same. That, to me, would be boring and predictable. Can't they just be born from their own planet whitout someone's help?  P.S.: Coming back to the idea of 'fear'. When you think about it, what made the first Alien and Predator movies great? Beside the fact that it was a new and original concept, the fact that you had no idea what that 'thing' was exactly... where it came from and what it was really after... that's what made it fun and exciting. Giving too much insight on the origins and the world of the Aliens would make them 'less' what they are now... mystery is on their side. If they decided to make the Space Jockeys their actual creators, I think it would take a lot out of the whole concept of the Aliens and make them less attractive. It's kinda like the 'easy way out'... I'm sure there's countless of other ways to make them all the more interesting and frightening, without having to present all their back story.

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

I dont see why so many people like Sigourney Weaver.She isnt exactly the prettiest gal around the block and doesnt have the best acting skills. We need new blood

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

i just finished watching the reaction to alien res   some ideas were a prequel with ridley scott on the alien planet and or showing how the derelict landed on lv426 or show the space jockeys reason for having the alien eggs                just an idea      this was before they knew about avp    which will kick butt

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

No, it's not a rumor.  It was an article where Ridley was being interviewed, and in it he was asked about his plans for Alien 5.  He explained it all right there.  Look around and I'm sure you could find it again.  I originally wanted the aliens to have a homeworld, too, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that aliens would have been creations.  Everything about their existance and biology suggests that they're a weapon, incapable of existing in any kind of an environment and still be a balancing force.

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

If its gonna be damn scientists trying to contain then its long overdone! Why not for Alien 5 reflect on how the xenomorphs are a plague of worlds and show Earth ravaged.Alien 5 should be like Aliens:Earth Wars

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

I was just watching the alien legacy in the quadrilogy and in it Ridley Scott talks about how the alien takes the form of the host in saying if its from a dog you have a dog alien ours was from a human so we had a human alien , now what if we havent seen the aliens true natural form? mabey its not like the once we know the ones from humans.Mabey its something totaly different.Now i brought this up before but I would have loved to see what the alien looked like that came out of the space jocky in alien.Personaly i would believe it to be huge, bigger than the queen her self, seeing as how from an average size human being you get an eight foot tall alien now from a 16, 17, even 20 foot tall space jocky you would get a 25-30 foot tall alien/jocky hybrid that would and could destroy anything in its path.This idea was done in a comic i have , aliens apocalypes-the destroying angles and there alien/jocky was cool as hell but what i didnt like about it is that they made it a wild rouge that kills the other aliens.But on this topic even though i enjoyed Sigourenys work on the first 3 alien films she is indeed becoming stale and boring, it is time for a new or new( plural ) lead characters to be born into the alien universe.I personaly dont think she should even be in Alien 5 if it made, screw her you dont need her to finish the story and you dont need her to make the series survive , like im sure we'll see in andersons alien vs predator.No riply, lots of aliens and preds, hopefully lots of blood an guts = all the right things to keep either franchise stong and living.Now if they wouldnt have killed ripley in alien 3 and not cloned her in part 4 then ya i would like her to be appart of # 5 but since shes not even the real ripley anymore it kinda seems pointless for her to want to have the same passion to get rid of the aliens once and for all seeing as how she's practicly one of them now anyway.So i say keep scott involved to do his thing , screw ripley and reitroduce the space marines to find the aliens home world and have them go there to destroy it then get the jocky's involved some how.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Galmorzu, click on the picture above of the alien behind newt and it will lead you to the page your talking about i believe giving scotts idea for part 5 and what not

BKB

BKB

I mean, am I the only one that could honestly give a rat's ass whether she comes back for ALIEN V or not??? I mean she really should've just stayed dead after ALIEN III instead of all this cloning, DNA bullshit and on top of that, I think the black chick named Lex in AVP is gonna be easily as good as Ripley was... I just don't understand all the appeal for Sigourney Weaver since she sounds like a Premadonna and to be honest: She's in no position to be dissing on AVP when ALIEN:Ressurection didn't exactly fire up the box office and was considered a joke and one of the worst in the ALIEN Series.. I'm anxious to see what her response is if AVP does really well and better than the previous films from both ALIEN and PREDATOR?? Hmmmm...

Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine

honestly after resurection and alien 3 I'd love for them to go back to what worked...maby make an Aliens:Colonial Mariens movie insted of alien 5 ....I mean honestly I'd love to see somthing about another platoon coming to hadly's hope or somthing like that

Terhou

Terhou

I hope that she would apperar in A5 but leve AvP alone.   ???  

Roadkill Xeno

Roadkill Xeno

Well honestly, I think the next alien movie should have a new lead (hopefully another younger female one maybe a kid who knows), but Ripley should be in it and die in the end.    :)  

Predalienstrike

Predalienstrike

What do you guys think of this idea. Ripleys coming back in Alien 5. But the xenomorph DNA comes more up and up again. And she slowly transforms into a xenomorph. Now that would be freaky. So then her character is going away    ;D   only on a different way.

flonge

flonge

is there a possibility of the last alien creature in AR; that it is a Space jokey??? When I first saw the AR movie in theaters I thought that ,that was the case...

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Bringer:  Thanks for pointing that out.  That's exactly what I was referring to.     ;)  

Predalienstrike

Predalienstrike

No flonge, it is not a space jockey. Just a Alien with more human DNA. If it was a Space Jockey it would not walk around like a big silly turkey. Space Jockeys are more advanced beings. If you look at the jockey in Alien it has a very different head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed