Humans could have some pred tech.

Started by P-Dub247, Mar 02, 2007, 07:19:54 PM

Author
Humans could have some pred tech. (Read 3,011 times)

P-Dub247

P-Dub247

i had a thought yesterday about some of the fight scenes in predator 2 and had to watch it again to make sure.

in the slaughter house fight didnt the predators mask spin off along the floor? - meaning it would of been there for us to find and examine.

also his spear in the roof top fight scene, not forgeting half of predators arm..

didnt watch the whole film agin but i think harrigan left the smart disc on the ship didnt he??
===
just thinking any future predator movie might see humans better equipt or at least with a better knowledge of the creature.

BrokenTusk

^ that's a good point, if the government scientists tinker a bit with the devices they could discover how the Pred tech works, sorta like Predator Concrete Jungle.

Stalker

Stalker

Those small details could end up being major plot points for Predator 3 (although let's hope not). There is every possibility that either the combistick, mask, or even the severed arm & portion of the wrist computer could be found, but I'm sure that there would more than likely be some sort of tamper proofing on the equipment to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Eidotemit

Im sure if there is a P3 there will at the  very least be a blurb about it.

P-Dub247

they could have some kind of anti-tampering i mean i guess thats why they selfdistruct - take out the technology and anyone who knows about them being there.

in concrete jungle they did return to get there technology back, could be a gd P3 if all there stuff has been moved to area51 or sumwhere like that. but then i guess the preds in P2 wouldnt have left in the first place.

Corporal Hicks

If we're going further into the future, I like the idea. Would be cool to have the Predators coming down for us because we've got some tech and are managing to use it to advance.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Also the materials technology from the spear/dart.

BrokenTusk

didn't that scientist have the speargun projectile last ?

Eidotemit

I believe so. So they deff have some pred tech around to study. Kinda reminds me of Terminator.

SM

SM

This is touched on in AvP Eternal - Pred tech; not the events of Predator 2.  Corporate mercenaries use cloaking devices and weaponry to destabilise third world countries, sending them into war, so as to attract more Predators.

BrokenTusk

also in Predator: Concrete Jungle the videogame too, I don't remember but didn't Forever Midnight explore this idea as well ?

Pax

Pax

Hey, if you buy the Predator movies happening in the very same timeline as the Aliens movies, then this could explain why humanity has managed to colonize planets in far distant star systems in only a hundred years or so.

-Pax

Extroheal

In Forever Midnight it's explained that the humans stole FTL technology from the Predators although the general public doesn't know this.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: P-Dub247 on Mar 02, 2007, 07:19:54 PM
i had a thought yesterday about some of the fight scenes in predator 2 and had to watch it again to make sure.

in the slaughter house fight didnt the predators mask spin off along the floor? - meaning it would of been there for us to find and examine.

also his spear in the roof top fight scene, not forgeting half of predators arm..

didnt watch the whole film agin but i think harrigan left the smart disc on the ship didnt he??
===
just thinking any future predator movie might see humans better equipt or at least with a better knowledge of the creature.

Aye good point...only problem is that it's abit to Terminator 2.  In T2 they had a mico chip and the remains and arm.  And they studied them and stuff. 

Dingo

Dingo

I'd say those secret government guys who were still in the trailers watching the monitors evetually got out and found all that stuff. Good idea for Predator 3 if they make it. I kinda want to see the Predator Concrete Jungle idea though. Predator in 1930's Chicago or maybe even somewhere during WWII in the Sotuh Pacific. When Gary Busy was naming off the places where the Predator evidence was found, he had mentioned Iwo Gima.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed