About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP

Started by yautja99, Jan 15, 2007, 04:36:52 AM

Author
About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP (Read 14,158 times)

Eidotemit

Yeah, Ive always wanted to see those elder preds go into action. I've always pictured them tearin whatever up with like some crazy pred sword or a spear like the one had at the end of AvP. Maybe we'll see it in AvP2, lol but I doubt it.

Punk19

The Predator in the first movie I believe would be in the age range of maybe thirty or forty years of age, while the Predator in the second movie would probably be in the age range of twenty. The Predators in AvP were probably eighteen or nineteen.

Corporal Hicks

And yet Anderson said it was the other way round. I think...just maybe, we can ignore him in this one.

Wolfy

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 25, 2007, 08:18:52 PM
The P1&2 preds were not selected to be a part of this ritual as they werent good enough and didnt meet whatever standards.

If your referring to the ritual that took place in avp, don't forget it only happens every 100 years, and judging by the age we think the predators are, and the time setting of the predator movies, they wouldn't have had a chance to take part in it, so they were given different hunts to do (jungle and LA). :D

Eidotemit

Why would they hold this hunt every hundred years if that would me many worthy preds are exluded from it? We can see by the human skulls hat grid wears that the preds in AvP were sucessful hunters. Im sticking to my original theory that the preds from P1 and 2 just werent good enough to go to the ritual. Hell, only 3 were chosen to go.

Corporal Hicks

Maybe it's just Earth every 100 years? There are thousands of other planets out there.

~Jarrecko~

Didn't the Preds in 1 and 2 allready do the ritual into manhood since they had their guns?

BrokenTusk

1st one had to have the most experience out of the bunch, though P2 wasn't some beginner with all his skulls either.

Punk19

Those movies had nothing to do with AvP. Neither does AvP 2 I think. Might be wrong though

BrokenTusk

^ except without those movies there would be no AVP.

Punk19

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Feb 11, 2007, 04:58:53 AM
^ except without those movies there would be no AVP.

Yep, agree there.

Corporal Hicks

I still think the best way to explain it all is the Predators from each movie are from different clans - races - with their own rites and ways.

BrokenTusk

^ seems logical to me, and it also might be that there are more then 2 races of the predator like the yautja and hish.

Eidotemit

Yeah, thats the smoothest and simplest way to explain the differences.

~Jarrecko~

One thing I noticed is that the Predators in AVP use their wrist blades alot more than in Preds 1 and 2. The wrist blade is used in Pred1 twice. Once on Dylan and another time during the Dutch/Pred fight. In Pred 2 it was used in 3 parts very briefly. Once to stab a jamaican, another time to slice harrigan in the somach and a third time during their "fenceing" match.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed