Prometheus vehicles exposed

Started by Valaquen, Aug 28, 2011, 08:22:11 AM

Author
Prometheus vehicles exposed (Read 61,091 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yeah, I guess thats a very fair statement

Gash

Gash

Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 10, 2011, 02:39:57 AM

Doesnt change anything I said tho, he IS an artist not some model builder/technician as you two claim.

I was quoting film critic Barry Norman, and said as much, I hardly think it was an insult to Cameron to call him a master craftsmen. I think you're taking the term artist too literally, I'm not saying Cameron doesn't have art and design ability.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 10, 2011, 02:39:57 AMAnd I said, I just gave examples of his creative lightning techniques, didnt list them all. And what he took from Scott is the backlight and blue night. The wetting of the streets comes from Cameron for example.

I read of that technique in the making of Blade Runner, and I'd be surprised if it hadn't been used years before that by the likes of Carol Reed.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Sep 10, 2011, 02:39:57 AM
Same with building grated floors specifically to light from under them to create interesting light, theres ton of it

A technique I don't think could be attributed to Cameron, lighting through gratings and latticework can be traced back through the history of cinema - whether it's floors, ceiling or walls.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im not saying he originated them, I was saying that he does have artistic eye and cares and thinks about that stuff

Edit: I see now how my sentence couldve been read like that, I cleared it up

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed