Alien Day 2017

Started by locusta, Mar 27, 2017, 10:34:01 AM

Author
Alien Day 2017 (Read 46,224 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Old cover art for Aliens: Steel Egg. I'd been really looking forward to that book and was so let down by it.

Competition to win Super Tickets for tonight.

https://twitter.com/TitanBooks/status/857200412348305409

Pvt. Himmel

jimmy83

jimmy83

I don't know if this has already been mentioned yet, but looks like reebok have something coming this year too. Let's just hope they're not all on eBay within the hour this time!

https://www.facebook.com/reebokuk/videos/1982265301993855/

carts

carts

vegettoxtc

vegettoxtc

How the hell is it that only one of the giveaways is available in the US???  Total Bummer!

Hudson

Hudson

"How many Xenomorphs are in Prometheus?" "Zero because it's called the Deacon?"

"Who collaborated with Ridley Scott on the Engineer language?"

f**k off, trivia.

Richman678

Richman678

Lol the trivia has some loaded questions such as what company created Ash. They said it was hyperdyne or whatever it's called....obviously I answered Weyland Yutani....I feel like I'm correct

Looks like Reebok is making more Alien shoes. This looks nice

http://www.reebok.com/us/alien?SSAID=314743&cm_mmc=Rbkaffiliates_SAS-_-all_affiliates-_-all_campaigns-_-all_links&cm_mmca1=US

windebieste

windebieste

Cool Props new 1:1 scale Alien head.  More infos here and here, if you can read Japanese.

-Windebieste.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 12:11:20 AM
Cool Props new 1:1 scale Alien head.  More infos here and here, if you can read Japanese.

-Windebieste.
Local Trouble's wet dream right there.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Anybody get anything cool today? I didnt do much this year.

I did pick up some comics though.

• Prometheus: Final Conflict one-shot

• Newgiant hardcover special edition of aliens: book2 & 3

• Aliens defiance #11

• Aliens Dead Orbit #1

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 27, 2017, 01:51:13 AM
Anybody get anything cool today? I didnt do much this year.

I did pick up some comics though.

• Prometheus: Final Conflict one-shot

• Newgiant hardcover special edition of aliens: book2 & 3

• Aliens defiance #11

• Aliens Dead Orbit #1

Yes, I did.

Fright Rags: Alien t-shirt, Hoodie, and socks.

Mondo: Alien poster

Bottle neck gallery: Alien Covenant timed edition poster

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 26, 2017, 11:00:36 PM
Lol the trivia has some loaded questions such as what company created Ash. They said it was hyperdyne or whatever it's called....obviously I answered Weyland Yutani....I feel like I'm correct

Looks like Reebok is making more Alien shoes. This looks nice

http://www.reebok.com/us/alien?SSAID=314743&cm_mmc=Rbkaffiliates_SAS-_-all_affiliates-_-all_campaigns-_-all_links&cm_mmca1=US

Well, Burke says it's Hyperdyne in Aliens.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 27, 2017, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2017, 12:11:20 AM

-Windebieste.
Local Trouble's wet dream right there.

That is, a wet dream of white knuckled table flipping rage. 

Here, have another awesome image.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Oh my!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Lots of pictures to upload from the big event. Have to say I was impressed at how the astronaut suits (two different designs present) had actual functional displays on the insides of the helmets.

The creature designer guy apparently revealed a partial spoiler without realising, during his talk. :) For those tracking our Twitter account, I tried to live-cast videos of all the major stuff, which should all still be on there.

It all culminated with a screening of 'Prometheus', then the new footage you've all now watched, which segued into completely new footage (about ten/fifteen minutes) from the coming film.

Have been in wait-and-see mode for AC, but what we viewed convinced me the characters should be on par with those of the original two films, reaction/interaction-wise. Very visceral, but the way the characters responded was what sold it. That frantic atmosphere which made Lambert's demise so memorable in the original film? It was there in spades and really helped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed